Reviews for The Horse and the Swan
Andi-Scribbles chapter 63 . 11/13/2006
We LIKE it when you take your time! It's awesome the way you actually develop the plot and events. Do it your way, or it's not what we (or at least most definately I) want! Because you're the author and you say when it's action time.

BTW This chapter was nice and reflective. Entertainment wise, I can say I like Guthwyn's thought process, but a lot of the things she says are off... about herself and her 'weakness', 'forgetting' Borogor and Haldor (I mean, you can't just forget. Never forget- just deal with it). But yes, I like this chapter a lot- it reveals more about both characters. And I'm about to strangle Eomer with all the surplus angst he's caused/is causing Guthwyn! Stupid, lovable, dummyhead! Keep it going- I'm itching for that nice long chapter!
kitza chapter 63 . 11/13/2006
yay! wonderful chapter. I'm glad that Guthwyn has begun to recognize that she seems to put more stock in the lies that Haldor fed her than the words of the people she loves. I wonder if her self esteem will ever recover. Anyhow. thanks for the chapter
elfkidnappercertifiedgenius18 chapter 62 . 11/7/2006
please update soon! This is the coolest story ever. It's getting interesting. I can't wait for the next chapter. Keep on writing.

neFaerieous chapter 62 . 11/6/2006
The character interaction continues to be captivating...I can't wait to read what happens next! I barely know who to root for now.

But eating bread alone will do more harm than turn one into a skeleton...there's been so much emphasis on that, perhaps she should be showing other signs of malnutrition besides being skinny?
Andi-Scribbles chapter 62 . 11/6/2006
I really like to see everyone's little reactions at the table... poor Legolas! He doesn't know anything that's going on. Something tells me the elf is smart enough to figure it out, like Cobryn was. I hope he helps her! GAH, you know you just make me want to scream, from the desire for more chapters! Oh well, take your time and get some good rest and relaxation, and THEN wow us more!
kitza chapter 62 . 11/5/2006
yay! another chapter. I love this story but I must admit I'm getting very anxious for something of substance to happen. Thanks so much for updating! Can't wait for the next chapter!
Andi-Scribbles chapter 61 . 11/1/2006
Gr, I already left a nice fat review, but I got the error screen. So, I'm giving another go.

Eomer's still pretty much a dummy. I love Hammel- his sort of cool indifference to Guthwyn's love is unexpected and interesting... I need to find out where that's going! I like this chapter. It's nice and moderate- a little worry, a little happy... baby Elfwine's pretty much a stud. :) And it seems like Legolas just came by last week; the time is flying for Guthwyn. I feel really bad for her, but I like all the drama, so I don't feel that bad ;) (Yes, I'm still evil.) Great update, please give us some more real soon!

Eriala chapter 60 . 10/27/2006
i would just like to say a very big HAPPY 150 REVIEWS! you've earned it.
neFaerieous chapter 60 . 10/26/2006
I was just wondering how you were doing in school...well, excellent in anything that has to do with writing surely.

The story is a little slow, but don't most stories do that in the middle? So that would make this, what, like a 120 chapter fan fic? Is that a record? Hee hee. Seriously, it's all good, I'm still very impressed.

And still amazed that Gúthwyn hasn't jumped in a river or just plain starved to death. Still hoping the Ice Queen does fall in a river or, dunno, chokes on her own frost. (Or IS it Gúthwyn's imagination? Hmm.)

Is ANYone going to warn Elphir? I mean, come on, G. comes with like a mile-long scroll of special issues. Man, those two are gonna have the worst wedding night ever. (Yes, if, whatever.) Now that could cause some interesting politics. What if Elphir was like rude and tried to give Gúthwyn back? That would be...ok, I'll quiet down.

Good story, eagerly awaiting each character's next move, but do well in school first!
DeleteAcountPlease chapter 60 . 10/24/2006
~Well, it's almost midnight, but I'll post a review all the same (lol.) I have to say I love this thing to bits. I rarely ever come across with a) character development, b) good writing skills, and c) a writer who actually finishes her/his fanfics.

You have all of these and your inspiring me with my Rohan/Gondor fic (that's currently on its way.) Thanks a lot for writing this, because it really is great to see new ideas and characters on this site!
Andi-Scribbles chapter 60 . 10/23/2006

Do you know what? Eowyn pissed me off. But that's normal, see, because anyone who makes the slightest mistake in detecting and amending Guthwyn's struggles pisses me off. Which brings the score to:

People who piss me off: Score 349794729387...4

People who live up to my (and Guthwyn's) non-letting-down expectations: Score0...

Well, that's that for you. :)

And do you know what just occurred to me? Guthwyn seems to be wearing down. She's right; she's grown weaker (in spirit, I mean. Not in a 'you're so weak it's disgusting way' but more of a 'you're getting so fragile we're afraid the final moments are near... before armageddon/breakdown/darkness...) Yeah. Somewhere along the way, very subtly, Guthwyn is losing her fire. I actually imagined her saying in this chapter, in response to the others pleas to eat, "What's the point. I'm so *damn* sick of living!" Scary. I can't wait to see where this is leading. And I never thought any chapters were fluffy nothing leading nowhere. You could probably entertain me with a story about a snorfalorfugis and I would be on the edge of my seat! Lol. Long review. Much thanks and wishes for more! XD Keep at it- it's still as wonderful as ever!
kitza chapter 60 . 10/22/2006
Thanks for another chapter. I'm hoping she'll eventually visit Borogor's grave, and maybe, possibly get a little bit of closure. I also hope she'll get to spend at least a little time around Elphir before they say I do. I mean I think it would help, then again, prolonging the anticipation/dread might just make it worse for her. I dunno. Hurry up with the rest! I'm not a patient reader :P
Morrowsong chapter 60 . 10/22/2006
I still love this story, but for the first time I'm getting a little annoyed at Guthwyn. Why is she starving herself?. She went through a horrible ordeal, and she is still suffering because of it, but can't she see what she's doing to herself and her family?. She's feeling way too sorry for herself, and she needs to shape up. I can't believe I'm saying all this when I've never felt anything but sympathy for her, but she's pushing it, lol. I hope your next update comes sooner, but I think we all understand that you're busy.
neFaerieous chapter 59 . 10/15/2006
More of the same kudos and thoughts that others are many "fools in love". Good characterization of Faramir I thought. I think Gúthwyn's gonna keel over from a panic attack way before the wedding, but that would just be more drama, eh? This story has so many wonderful well-devoloped're an awesome writer.

I'm hoping that Elphir will understand and be a positive influence in Gúthwyn's life. And that Hammel will be loving and supportive, and the Ice Queen will get her ass verbally kicked by Cobryn, and that Éomer gets a clue...and pigs come flying out someone's but, right? There can only more doom and horror for our Lady!

(LOVE the suspense.)
Eriala chapter 59 . 10/14/2006
no, you got it wrong...she and tun were supposed to sneak off into the sunset together. :( but thank you very, very much for another amazing chapter.

i think the reason you're so under-reviewed is 'cause we've all run out of compliments for your story: wonderful, well-written, amazing, awesome, kickass... there just aren't enough words.

(and now, even though i generally spit upon people who do this to me, would you mind reading my story "flawless"? it's really short, and not having reviews makes me depressed. thanks :D)
953 | « Prev Page 1 .. 44 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 .. Last Next »