Reviews for The Horse and the Swan
neFaerieous chapter 24 . 6/30/2006
"Éomer stared after her, wondering what had happened to the carefree, innocent sister he had once known."...I'm not buying that he's this ignorant. She told him what happened to her and his character seems to be entirely in the dark about her insecurities, oddities, and fears. It's too off, IMO.
Grizelda chapter 28 . 6/30/2006
Yep, it's still utterly perfect. Does Guthwyn's physical reaction to her dream mean she's beginning to fight against these negative thoughts? I hope so and I hope there might be a time where she overcomes the darkness tormenting her. She'll never be truly happy until she does. At least she managed not to be sick this time:D

Please keep writing,

Grizelda.
Andi-Scribbles chapter 28 . 6/29/2006
NO! Post them as you finish them! I would've reviewed each chapter individually, but I was out of town for a week... but post them as soon as you finish each chapter- one of the greatest things about this story is posts are written in such a short amount of time! Please don't make me wait! I love this story!
Orion'slover chapter 27 . 6/28/2006
i love your story, i just havent had time to read and review so i have been reading and ment to review when i had the time. sorry, absolutly love the story. i have a stupid question, sorry, but um... who is she talking to at the end of chapter 27? cant wait til the next chapter.
Grizelda chapter 27 . 6/28/2006
Hm...me thinks you excel at the art of blackmail...or is it bribery?

POST THEM ALL NOW! DON'T YOU DARE MAKE YOUR READERS WAIT TILL THE WEEKEND.

Sorry about that, just got a little emotional for some reason. Anyway I must confess the "review" part can be quite difficult: What else is there to say except your writing is exceptionally good. At the bottom of this review window it says I should "comment on an aspect of the story that can be improved". Well there aren't any. It's all utterly perfect.

In fact the only thing I can think of doing is to feverishly conjecture on what is going to happen next. Personally, particularly after Guthwyn's reaction in this chapter, I'm having serious doubts about her ever being able to fall in love again and receive the fairy tale happy ever after which she deserves. Sniff. I really want to give her a hug:(

Anyway, please keep writing and post whenever you can,

Grizelda
levaya chapter 27 . 6/27/2006
ey

you've got a fan from holland

i absolutely adore your story

please don't wait with posting.

bebye
Elena chapter 27 . 6/27/2006
Um, crazy much? Post them as soon as you can! I understand that you like getting reviews, but please! People will review if they want to. kthnxbai, luv.
Pen52 chapter 24 . 6/24/2006
And the plot thickens.

Why do I get the feeling that Lothriel is not going to be a pleasant sister-in-law?
neFaerieous chapter 22 . 6/21/2006
Wonderful as always. Am wondering why Éomer didn't try to stop Tun from leaving before, but glad to know Gúthwyn isn't retreating to a deep depression. Well, you established that the children kept her going. So will your avid readers get a happy (relatively) ending...or at least some single super happy event? Maybe? Maybe she'll suffer a concussion and forget everything! Maybe Tun will return and they'll live happily ever after! Maybe this reader is way too involved in the story and should just stick to the more constructive comments.

Thanks for the continuing entertainment, seriously.
Pen52 chapter 22 . 6/20/2006
Ok, now I'm confused...

Is it possible that Guthwyn is in love with Tun already and isn't even aware of it?

Sister and brother reunited! And without any proffesional help, no less. ;)
Andi-Scribbles chapter 22 . 6/17/2006
She's come a long way- being able to cry in front of others. The development is wonderful.*Claps*

*Sigh* Tun's departure better not turn out to be an actual year! Things can happen; he could come back sooner, right? Please? I mean, Guthwyn needs SOMEONE to love! She DESERVES it!

And I don't care if she's forgiven Eomer. I haven't. *angry huff* Stupid, good for nothing... Ahem. Well I guess he just has her best interests at heart. Even if he IS a sodding idiot.

More soon, please, I'm anxious to hear more!
Andi-Scribbles chapter 21 . 6/15/2006
Crash diet Uncontrollable fear :(

I hope Tun comes back. Seriously, she needs someone to love. Make it better. The poor girl's seen nothing but misery since she was like 12. And she vomits like the 3 year old girl I babysit. Something tells me she won't live another couple of years unless she starts eating like a normal person. Another wonderful chapter- write more very soon!
Pen52 chapter 20 . 6/14/2006
First of all, the nightmare was just... terrifying. The wiggling maggots and the appearance of a suddenly decomposing Haldor would be enough to drive anyone insane.

The conversation with Legolas was nicely paced. The atmosphere was awkward, even tense at times, but there was an underlining feeling of growing trust and friendship in the exchange that did not go unnoticed. And the air between them was somewhat cleared. Always a good thing.

Brother-sister communication not going well, I see. ;)

Eomer should summon the royal psychologist and schedule a family session. :) Or start groveling real fast...
Andi-Scribbles chapter 20 . 6/12/2006
O_o

Oh, that can't be good. She overstepped her bounds a little bit, but Eomer was being a jerk. So what if Tun loves her! Oi... men! Anyway, loved the Legolas/Guthwyn interaction in this chapter. It makes a lot of sense for her to be comforted by him. Maybe this is the beginning of her road to genuine recovery (and not physical recovery either). Oh, and you'd better not kill off Tun before she figures out he loves her! If that happens again I'LL have to help poor Guthwyn put herself out of her misery. She's supposed to learn from her mistakes, lol! Okay, it's a good sign for you when I rant like this. It means in a twisted sort of way this story has become real for me. Great one. More very soon!
neFaerieous chapter 18 . 6/8/2006
Ah! Ah! Cliffhanger! Action! Happy reader. Well, we won't have to wait long for the next delicious chapter.

Way to tell him Gúthwyn! Éomer is still being quite the, um, dork. Both for sending Tun away, and not having an ounce of the common sense needed to understand why she wouldn't even think of someone liking her (which I guess he wouldn't seeing as he had a decent life).

As always, an excellent and smooth read. Definitely the best story I've read on this site. Thank you!
951 | « Prev Page 1 .. 51 58 59 60 61 62 63 .. Last Next »