Reviews for The Horse and the Swan
neFaerieous chapter 29 . 7/2/2006
Ah good, now we've seen that all of them are affected deeply by what lives they had to endure (that'd be Cobryn, Lebryn, and well duh, Guth). I'm curious as to what Lothíriel's thoughts about Gúthwyn are...does she like her, is she just curious, or is it something darker? Also good to see Gúthwyn's recovery continue, such that she does not puke at everything so much and that she finally sleeps knowing she belongs.

Keep up the excellent writing!
neFaerieous chapter 28 . 6/30/2006
It's torture to read this! Which is the empathetic feeling you are going for, or something like it? 'Bout friggin' time Gúthwyn told Cobryn some of this stuff. His character is probably the best, aside from her wonderful sister, to help her out, and you did an excellent job of summarizing why. Now if her stupid brother would lay off the marriage ideas, she might actually find some resolution...?
neFaerieous chapter 24 . 6/30/2006
"Éomer stared after her, wondering what had happened to the carefree, innocent sister he had once known."...I'm not buying that he's this ignorant. She told him what happened to her and his character seems to be entirely in the dark about her insecurities, oddities, and fears. It's too off, IMO.
Grizelda chapter 28 . 6/30/2006
Yep, it's still utterly perfect. Does Guthwyn's physical reaction to her dream mean she's beginning to fight against these negative thoughts? I hope so and I hope there might be a time where she overcomes the darkness tormenting her. She'll never be truly happy until she does. At least she managed not to be sick this time:D

Please keep writing,

Andi-Scribbles chapter 28 . 6/29/2006
NO! Post them as you finish them! I would've reviewed each chapter individually, but I was out of town for a week... but post them as soon as you finish each chapter- one of the greatest things about this story is posts are written in such a short amount of time! Please don't make me wait! I love this story!
Orion'slover chapter 27 . 6/28/2006
i love your story, i just havent had time to read and review so i have been reading and ment to review when i had the time. sorry, absolutly love the story. i have a stupid question, sorry, but um... who is she talking to at the end of chapter 27? cant wait til the next chapter.
Grizelda chapter 27 . 6/28/2006 thinks you excel at the art of blackmail...or is it bribery?

Sorry about that, just got a little emotional for some reason. Anyway I must confess the "review" part can be quite difficult: What else is there to say except your writing is exceptionally good. At the bottom of this review window it says I should "comment on an aspect of the story that can be improved". Well there aren't any. It's all utterly perfect.

In fact the only thing I can think of doing is to feverishly conjecture on what is going to happen next. Personally, particularly after Guthwyn's reaction in this chapter, I'm having serious doubts about her ever being able to fall in love again and receive the fairy tale happy ever after which she deserves. Sniff. I really want to give her a hug:(

Anyway, please keep writing and post whenever you can,

levaya chapter 27 . 6/27/2006

you've got a fan from holland

i absolutely adore your story

please don't wait with posting.

Elena chapter 27 . 6/27/2006
Um, crazy much? Post them as soon as you can! I understand that you like getting reviews, but please! People will review if they want to. kthnxbai, luv.
Pen52 chapter 24 . 6/24/2006
And the plot thickens.

Why do I get the feeling that Lothriel is not going to be a pleasant sister-in-law?
neFaerieous chapter 22 . 6/21/2006
Wonderful as always. Am wondering why Éomer didn't try to stop Tun from leaving before, but glad to know Gúthwyn isn't retreating to a deep depression. Well, you established that the children kept her going. So will your avid readers get a happy (relatively) ending...or at least some single super happy event? Maybe? Maybe she'll suffer a concussion and forget everything! Maybe Tun will return and they'll live happily ever after! Maybe this reader is way too involved in the story and should just stick to the more constructive comments.

Thanks for the continuing entertainment, seriously.
Pen52 chapter 22 . 6/20/2006
Ok, now I'm confused...

Is it possible that Guthwyn is in love with Tun already and isn't even aware of it?

Sister and brother reunited! And without any proffesional help, no less. ;)
Andi-Scribbles chapter 22 . 6/17/2006
She's come a long way- being able to cry in front of others. The development is wonderful.*Claps*

*Sigh* Tun's departure better not turn out to be an actual year! Things can happen; he could come back sooner, right? Please? I mean, Guthwyn needs SOMEONE to love! She DESERVES it!

And I don't care if she's forgiven Eomer. I haven't. *angry huff* Stupid, good for nothing... Ahem. Well I guess he just has her best interests at heart. Even if he IS a sodding idiot.

More soon, please, I'm anxious to hear more!
Andi-Scribbles chapter 21 . 6/15/2006
Crash diet Uncontrollable fear :(

I hope Tun comes back. Seriously, she needs someone to love. Make it better. The poor girl's seen nothing but misery since she was like 12. And she vomits like the 3 year old girl I babysit. Something tells me she won't live another couple of years unless she starts eating like a normal person. Another wonderful chapter- write more very soon!
Pen52 chapter 20 . 6/14/2006
First of all, the nightmare was just... terrifying. The wiggling maggots and the appearance of a suddenly decomposing Haldor would be enough to drive anyone insane.

The conversation with Legolas was nicely paced. The atmosphere was awkward, even tense at times, but there was an underlining feeling of growing trust and friendship in the exchange that did not go unnoticed. And the air between them was somewhat cleared. Always a good thing.

Brother-sister communication not going well, I see. ;)

Eomer should summon the royal psychologist and schedule a family session. :) Or start groveling real fast...
953 | « Prev Page 1 .. 51 58 59 60 61 62 63 .. Last Next »