Reviews for The Horse and the Swan
Pen52 chapter 17 . 6/6/2006
This is so not looking good for Tun. Aw... poor guy just can't get a break.

And by saying that, I mean, give him a break, now. Come on, you know you want to...
neFaerieous chapter 17 . 6/4/2006
Yeah, Éomer needs a swift kick right now. What, he thinks Gúthwyn is just totally fine now that she's home? I mean, totaly realistic that he would, especially being utterly consumed with ruling a kingdom in the aftermath of a war, and he probably doesn't really understand, but still, picking on Tun's not gonna fix his damage. Gr.

Rather wondering when Hammel will really understand what Haldor was doing to her...if he doesn't already. Kid's adjustment issues are pretty on, like others have said. Sucks to be him. (Testament to your fabulous authorship that his character is so real.)

I hope no one's expecting Gúthwyn to be cool in any way, shape, or form, with marriage. The girl can't even wear white or tell when someone's got a scandalous crush on her...she needs a best friend! Like Cobryn. I keep hoping he somehow figures her out and is able to help her, since her family's not doing a good job anymore. Plus, he went through hell, too. (These are just such awesome characters!)

Well, we'll just have to wait and see what the keyboard of fate has in store for everyone, eh?
Andi-Scribbles chapter 17 . 6/3/2006
Wow. Right now I really hate Eomer and Gamling. Which is totally unreasonable, I know, since they're only protecting her. But do they have to be such idiots about it? God, if I had been Guthwyn then I would've put up a better fight with Eomer than that. She's seen and been through much worse than tripping and falling onto a sparring partner, I'd say. And love doesn't exactly listen to reason. *Le sigh* Oh well, Tun will bounce back somehow. If anyone is to marry Guthwyn in this fic I'd say Tun has a pretty good chance, even with the King of Rohan on his ass. Love (most of the time) conquers all...
Pen52 chapter 16 . 6/1/2006
I’m happy to see Guthwyn recuperating from her traumatic past somewhat. The interaction between her and Legolas was very well done and the twist in the end was remarkably satisfying. She is finally starting to respond to Legolas as a person in his own right and not simply an echo of Haldor. That was gratifying to see.

While I was reading, I thought about why it was so hard for Guthwyn to deal with Legolas in any shape or form. At first, it irked me. After all, she has known him for more then 18 months now (correct me if I’m wrong) and in all that time he has never been anything but kind towards her, even when she was less then deserving of such treatment (spy of the Enemy, extremely rude and hostile towards him for no apparent reason…), so why would she still cringe when ever he approached her?

The sad truth is, however unfair to him this seems, that’s the way it’s got to be. Anything else would be a cop out and would hurt the integrity of the story in the long run. If anyone went trough what she did and happened to meet the exact look a like of their tormentor later, aside form the complete and utter mental breakdown that would follow, it wouldn’t make a bit of difference to them if, spiritually, this person was Gandhi himself reincarnated. How ever kind and supportive the look a like would be, or what ever he did, would pale to insignificance in comparison to the horrible memories.

So, what I’m saying in a rather roundabout way, is that I like how you deal with the tension between the two and the gradual evolution of their tentative relationship. Hammel and Haiweth’s reactions to Legolas were also dead on in my opinion. I’ve got to say, Hammel can be scarily adult at times for his age, but a childhood spent in Mordor would do that to anyone. Or practically anyone, since Haiweth seems to be virtually unaffected; except the nightmares and her understandable fear of Legolas, she seems to be a normal, well adjusted child. That’s no doubt the direct result of Guthwyn and Borogor’s care and protection.

On a side note, Eomer seems to be getting more and more reasons to introduce poor Tun’s face to his fist lately. All that jaw clenching and teeth gnashing must be mightily tiring. And Guthwyn still doesn’t have a clue… Wake up woman!

Phew! That was long. Anyway, I loved the last few chapters to bits, if that wasn’t clear enough.

Update soon.

PS: Who are you pairing Guthwyn up with? I’m dying of curiosity.
Andi-Scribbles chapter 16 . 6/1/2006
Good for her! Keep it going, please! I want some Eomer-kicking-Tun action. I can sense it coming up...
Eriala chapter 15 . 5/30/2006
and next chapter, i hope, is when a fluffy bunny comes and distributes hugs to all you poor characters?

but your writing was wonderful, as always. and thank you so much for updating now - if you hadn't, i would have had to spend this time one my history essay. *shudder*
Andi-Scribbles chapter 15 . 5/29/2006
I KNEW Hammel was going to do something. He was too quiet. And now we know how he was affected more than he showed. Hopefully, the three will learn to realize Legolas and Haldor are opposites. Another good one! Write some more soon!
Ex Igne chapter 14 . 5/29/2006
I stumbled across your trilogy a while back and would like to say that these are some of the best fanfics I have read on this website. I want to commend you for all your efforts into bringing this trilogy alive, though I am surprised by how many reviewers actually post. This is what a true fanfiction is, and well crafted in terms of plot, character development, and for the most part faithful to the movie (and, to my likings) the book. Most people wil just write something about the movies, as the frenze had been rather recent, but it fills me with joy in knowing that there are people out there who actually enjoy the books. Not that I'm saying that I hate the movies, as they are some of the best adaptions, if you overlook the many deviations. I hope you continue writing, and I expect to see more stories as well as this trilogy.
Andi-Scribbles chapter 14 . 5/28/2006
Make her get over it! (Not saying that in an insensitive way, but someone needs to push her into overcoming her fears) If she dies from starvation, sleep-deprivation, or heart attack I will kill you! Just kidding, but really... Legolas is cool. And Guthwyn needs to regain her fearlessness! She CAN do it! More soon please!
Andi-Scribbles chapter 13 . 5/28/2006
You know, I'd like to hear what's happening behind Hammel's raised eyebrows. He's very secretive. Another great chapter! Keep them coming fast!
Pen52 chapter 13 . 5/27/2006
My day picks up with every single one of your updates.

So, Legolas is staying for a week? This is going to be interesting...

Looking forward to the next installment.
Andi-Scribbles chapter 12 . 5/26/2006
Ohh... more drama! Write more please, I need to know what's gonna happen... and DAMMIT, I can't figure out who you're pairing Guthwyn with! There's so many possibilities!
Pen52 chapter 11 . 5/24/2006
Is it my overactive imagination, or was this an entirely happy chapter? :)

Don't worry about things seeming dull; because I assure you, they are not. Take the time to build up your story, don't rush it.

It will be worth it.

For me, it already is. I'm enjoying reading about Guthwyn's true return to Rohan (in spirit, as well as in body) immensely.

Keep up the good work.
Eriala chapter 9 . 5/21/2006
wow - i started your trilogy sometime last night... i think i might have just spent almost 24 hours this weekend reading, and it was completely worth it. I *always* find something to nitpick when i review a story, but there is abselutely nothing i could find wrong. i think i had forgotten what good fanfiction actually sounds like until now, with the crap i've been finding on this site lately.

i think i've told you this before, but i would like to say again that you are an abselutely amazing writer, and i have no idea how someone could ever prefer a crappy mary-sue over this. (you make all my writing feel pathetic, badly written - and incredibly short.)

*please* update, for the sake of my sanity.
Pen52 chapter 9 . 5/20/2006
This conclusion of the conflict between Faramir and Guthwyn was done just right. The emotions of both involved rang true and Guthwyn managed to grant as much forgiveness to Faramir as she could, while honoring Borogor's memory.

The feast was done with just enough detail to make it come alive in the reader's eyes and you managed to capture the joyous spirit of the occasion. Well, except for Guthwyn.

Just one more thing. What in blazes does Lothíriel have against Guthwyn?
950 | « Prev Page 1 .. 52 59 60 61 62 63 .. Last Next »