Reviews for The Horse and the Swan
Andi-Scribbles chapter 9 . 5/20/2006
OH GOD! *tearing up* Try not to make me cry again! Just gimme a minute... Ok, undercontrol now. That chapter was swell! Write more very soon!
neFaerieous chapter 8 . 5/20/2006
Slow...want something good to happen to Gúthwyn...where did Legolas go? Good that Tun isn't stone-headed. Wonder if Cobryn will find out about Haldor...he could help Lady G, too...

And Éomer's right...when I was 17, I shlepped my nephew and nieces around, the oldest was 8...got more than one "oh your children are so nice" comment. Gah!
Andi-Scribbles chapter 8 . 5/17/2006
Uh-oh. Looks like Tun's heading for a swift beating by Eomer. Poor kid. We knew him well. Anyway, keep on posting! I'm eager to see what happens next!
Pen52 chapter 7 . 5/17/2006
I don't know who to feel sorry for more: Guthwyn or Faramir. They are both in the right and both in the wrong; depends from whose perspective you view it.

Just like in life.

By the way, when will Guthwyn realize Tun's feelings for her?

Great chapter, but then again, all your chapters are. :)
Pen52 chapter 6 . 5/16/2006
So, Guthwyn and Legolas finaly patched things up (as much as can be expected under the circumstances). That's good to see.

Great chapter. Update soon.
Andi-Scribbles chapter 6 . 5/14/2006
Ohh... drama drama drama! Next chapter, please!
Andi-Scribbles chapter 5 . 5/12/2006
Yes! Finally some happier moments! More chapters, please!
Pen52 chapter 4 . 5/11/2006
A wonderful chapter. The moment when Eomer first saw Lothíriel of Dol Amroth was dead on, just like I imagined it would be.

One question; will the children point out the striking resemblance between Legolas and Haldor?

Update soon.
Andi-Scribbles chapter 3 . 5/8/2006
:( *Makes sad frowny face* Aww... C'mon, man! Guthwyn needs a little bit of happy! Romance! Adventure! No more nightmares (yeah, right- not likely..poor thing...) Well, at least the next day isn't her birthday again. Good chapter, but I noticed something that kind of bothered me (not about your writing) but something that Hammel said. He said Eowyn and Eomer were invited to the Rohan/Gondor meeting thingy because they should be present, because they "had every right to witness" it. But wouldn't that include Guthwyn? She's also the sister to the king of Rohan, so wouldn't she merit an invitation. Or was that just because she was healing that she didn't go... because she wasn't invited (I'm guessing) even if she wasn't healing at the time. Anyway, once again, great Legolas/Guthwyn stuff. I love him, he'd better help her overcome her fear of Haldor. And maybe her loneliness... *grs in sexy purr* Gotta love the elf! Keep them coming!
Callie chapter 1 . 5/8/2006
So, the saga continues.

Once again, I can't find even the slightest detail to nit pick over. Your writing is rich and evocative, with just enough attention to detail to make the story ring true; without being repetitive or slowing the narrative flow to any noticeable degree.

Of course, there are some who would probably disagree with me, but I would always prefer a story that has the kind of detail and gradual development that brings the characters truly to life in the eyes of a reader, to a tale that rushes towards completion in a blind frenzy, sacrificing its integrity in the process.

Well done.

I'm happy to see the reviews have picked up. Some people would not recognize a good piece of fiction if you printed up the script and beat them over the head with it. Err; come to think of it, that would not be advisable in your case, considering the length of your tale. The printed version would pack quite a wallop, pun definitely intended. Sorry for the rant but honestly, when I see all the junk that gets lauded on this site, I almost get physically ill.

I'm tempted to write a story of such questionable quality myself, with all the over used clichés; just to see how many reviews it would get.

Keep up the good work.

Now, back to the mountain of paperwork that awaits me. Sigh.
Pen52 chapter 2 . 5/8/2006
I love chapters with Cobryn in them. You have a talent for writing believable original characters.

It was to be expected that Guthwyn's hatred and anger directed at Faramir would not go away any time soon. But still, all things considered, I can find no fault in Faramir's conduct. He only did what was right at the time. Both Guthwyn and Borogor were a part of the Enemy's forces and still, he showed her mercy. Which is completely in character for him, by the way.

But I guess it's understandable why Guthwyn wouldn't see it that way.

Great chapter.

Update soon.
GwenevieveGreenleaf chapter 2 . 5/6/2006
This is getting so good! And I feel so bad for poor Guthwyn. She's already been through so much and now she has to deal with this. I hope she somehow finds it in her heart to forgive Faramir...even though that would probably be the hardest thing to ever do. Please update soon or I'll cry!
Zoe chapter 2 . 5/5/2006
YES! UPDATES! You have made my day darling.
Andi-Scribbles chapter 2 . 5/5/2006
Tsk, tsk, tsk. The secret will come out sooner or later. It always does. Another great chapter. And thank you for updating so regularly. I love that. Keep it up!
Pen52 chapter 1 . 5/5/2006
Birthdays in the world of Guthwyn are definitely not a good thing.

Poor girl.

Still, the day's not done yet. Plenty of time for it to take a turn for the better *wink, wink* *nudge, nudge*

Guthwyn's perception of a definite change in Eowyn and the observation of Faramir and Eowyn were beautifully done.

I for one can't wait to see how the situation with Faramir plays out.
950 | « Prev Page 1 .. 53 60 61 62 63 64 Next »