Reviews for The Fruit of Ambition
Guest chapter 4 . 8/24/2013
ohhhwhy don't you update this marvelous novel? you know i lately was fascinated by the plots you set in your story. i've read too many Alex and Phai's fanfiction, but it's really hard to find a modern version about them, so i very much appreciate that you wrote this! wish you could tell me what happened next?
Cray-Crayperson chapter 4 . 8/21/2012
you dont post often do you? cuz i saw you started this story in 2006 and frankly im a big fan of this story sooo can you hurry?
Ranaki chapter 2 . 12/3/2011
Very much enjoying this.
gebi chapter 4 . 10/7/2011
It's hard to find a good modern day Alexander story,but this is one of those:)
S0phea chapter 4 . 7/7/2011
Great to see the update. I like how detailed you are in explaining stuffs no matter how big or small. It's easy to understand and relate to. I can't wait to read more. :)
angstman chapter 4 . 7/7/2011
Oh...very very interesting story. I just read all at once. This is very nice and very original. Alexander's character is very interesting...and now they met! please do continue soon. I wanna know how Alex is going to make this evening worthwhile :) also, why Phillip need Phai to be in the class with Alex? is there something hidden behind Phillip's intention?
Ingu chapter 4 . 7/7/2011
Amazing update! Glad to see you're still working on this. Looks very compelling, anxiously waiting for more. x)
Gif chapter 4 . 7/6/2011
I loved this chapter; I really think you're doing a very good job with your charachters, and the way Hephaistion and Alexander finally met, after so many years in which Alexander only dreamt about the other, it's absolutely exciting. I laughed at Hephaistion's gaffe, and Alexander's initial shyness made me fear he could ruin it all; but I can see he eventually managed to master the situation.

In short, a great update. I couldn't exclude that mentioning Metallica made it greater to me...

Looking forward to read the next chapter,

Gif
Zophiel Lagace chapter 4 . 7/6/2011
Hello dear CameoCorbin,

...Oh my! I'm so honor with this dedication (blush) Thank you so much! I'm very happy to find a new chapter of your story, you made my day.

Funny, your Alexander is truly something, I have never imagined him as such a seducer, but you have a great point, he had a lot of charm. Ohhh, this was great "Resisting him was like using a nutcracker to break a diamond. Absolutely impossible"

You made me laugh with this: "Alexander would flirt the whiskers off a dead kitten if it meant building up his ego"

I like a lot how you fit Alexander's story into the future, I specially like that you included his half brother because is really rare to read about him.

Maybe someone could think that Alexander was nuts for trying to kill his brother after destroying his copy of the Illiad, but I completely understand him, I would have done that too.

"Hephaestion would be attending school with me! My head was immediately filled with ideas of elaborate schemes on how I would conquer his heart and make him mine" I can see Alexander thinking this

Oww! I like how they met And Hephaistion didn't to whom he was talking, that was priceless.

"Do you know Alexander Argead?" he scoffed, and continued. "I don't either; but he sounds like he'd be a very sad person" I smiled reading this :D

You did a great job!

hugs

Zophiel Lagace chapter 3 . 3/30/2011
Hola,

You are sooo cruel! You have a master piece here and you don't write :( But I understand completely about the writers block, its horrible...but i truly hope you can finish this, it's such a good start for a great story.

Oww! how cute first encounter between Alexander and Hephaistion...maiden, poor Phai

Hugs

Zophiel Lagace chapter 2 . 3/30/2011
Hiiii!

You have such an original way of start telling the story So, this reporter is writting Alexander's bio? How interesting.

I laughed like an idiot with this: "He appeared to me like one of those handsome, well built men who were usually on the cover of one of my wife's hidden erotica novels" Because my best friend once bought a novel like this and the cover was hilarious _

I forgot to tell you in my previous review, I don't know why, but when I read about the epidemic I remembered this movie: Repo the Genetic Opera XD

Hugs

Zophiel Lagace chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
Hello,

Here I am, as I said

Wow! You truly know how to capture the readers attention since the beginning, once I started to read I couldn't stop.

How cool! Alexander is as powerful as the president, great!

Owww! This chapter is sooo emotional

Gif chapter 3 . 12/31/2010
Of course I review, this is a very, very intriguing story to me, and I like the way you portrayed those well known historical characters in modern times. Please, don't let us wait for your next update, for I can't wait to read about the meeting of the two of them. I've a feeling it could be a very peculiar description.
S0phea chapter 3 . 12/21/2010
Welcome back! :)

This is my first time reviewing. The story is interesting, I like the way Alexander tell his story. The paragraph before the last line was my fave part of this chapter. It explains Alexander's feeling really well.

Update soon.
SONGNATASHA chapter 3 . 12/20/2010
It is turly a suprise to see your update, it's been so long that I thought it might be abandoned forever. It's a very intriguing story and impressed me greatly then, so please please update soon and tell us how their story begin and end in this world.