Reviews for A Brother's Wish
Yellowbulma chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
Beautiful
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 1/23/2008
Awesome oneshot interweaving Sam's memories of the past with Dean protecting him to the present with Sam in total despair!
KatieLB chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
ok seriously that last line KILLS me... im kind of glad my reviews are missing and i get to put new ones up cuz now i know of the brotherhood which makes this story all that more perfect...great job
Intex chapter 1 . 3/5/2007
I LOVVED IT!
Joan chapter 1 . 11/3/2006
Sweet and beautiful.
merryw chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
Loved the story! Loved the Atticus Finch reference also!
irismay42 chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
You write the Kiddie Winchesters so well... Sam is just so adorable and Dean is - well - just how you'd imagine Dean as a kid! Always there for Sammy.

The Demon better not have dragged Dean to Hell, that's all I can say!

Nice to see Pastor Jim in there - I couldn't believe they killed him off in his first appearance! I really thought he might be in the show a few times as he's been mentioned quite often. Ho hum. Glad you put Bobby in there though. Hopefully he might last a bit longer!
LoveJeter chapter 1 . 5/10/2006
I love how you intertwined both past & present together. Very touching how Dean will do anything for his brother including trying to mend a tiny bunny. AW he's so sweet. And poor Sammy waking up in the hospital finding out his father is dead and not really knowing what happened to his brother. *tears* I really hope you consider continuing this as I'd like to see Sammy go into hunter & rescue mode to try to get Dean back from wherever he may be and if he's even o.k. Inquiring minds wanna know. LOL
Silver Kitten chapter 1 . 5/9/2006
How did you know that baby animals and little Sammy and big brother Dean all together were one of my biggest weaknesses?

You are master at weaving the Winchester men's past in with the present (and implying their futures). I know I must have told you this before, but you write so clean, so cinematically, so eloquently, with so much passion infused into these characters that when I return to see them on the show, it's almost as if they're lacking something.

Beautiful, realistic approach to Pastor Jim and his relationship with all the Winchesters. I absolutely loved the part where he came in with the feeding tubes and didn't even realize John was there, and then his whole reaction AFTER was priceless. Aw, and Atticus Finch the doggy...aw sweet. Love that story, too, To Kill a Mockingbird.

Now, onto what really makes me melt...like always, is your relationship between the brothers. That whole first sequence with Sammy running to Dean, begging to save the little rabbit's life...Oh, SO Sammy...and oh, SO Dean to take on the task even though he didn't want to. You really had me cheering on that bunny, by the way...*sniffle* anyway, I love how everything Dean did for that bunny was really him doing it for Sammy...like...just...wow. It seems so effortless that any situation you throw our favorite Winchesters into you can write it in such a believable way that really portrays how masterful you truly are over these characters and their every interaction. Every breath, every word, every action.

I (currently- we'll see how my mood affects this thought later) hate to admit how I loved the contrast of John and Dean kind of unwilling to pray, almost unwilling to have that faith that was stolen from them, and then to have Jim and Sam pull them into it. With such a tiny scene you really spoke on so many levels.

Now, I haven't really focused much on the bold portion of this piece...primarily because it was so jaw-droppingly-tear-my-heart-out PAINFUL to read...but it was so painful because it was so beautiful in those sad, hate to enjoy kind of ways. Kind of like how I both despise and delight Dean suffering any kind of pain...I squirm and flail and cry...but I love it all the while. It's sick, really, lol...but, your writing is just the same, which is a GREAT thing because the fact that it hurts and draws out real emotions is that fact that you write it so well.

I'm going to pretend, for my sake, that Sam was just 'out of it' and Dean really was just missing and not...you know...because...I can't handle that thought right now. Even still, the talk Sam gave about wanting to see his mom, and then the particularly powerful set of lines...

-"Sam looked up at the ceiling, feeling the fire starting. It rained down on him, burning away all the grief, leaving only anger and determination. “And then I’m going to get my brother.”"-

I'm really quite speechless over that.

Oh, and then the end, which I think was so cleverly, so evocatively written as a flashback, was just outstanding. Really! I mean, you have the title "A Brother's Wish" and ultimately, you believe it's referring to Sam and Dean, which on a level it is, but then you throw in Pastor Jim and his faith and his relationship with John and it's just...ah, it really ties it all together.

Quite honestly, as much as I'd love to have had these other characters explained more in the show, I'm fine with them leaving it open to speculation, leaving it open to you to use and work with. I'm pretty sure if Kripke ever checks this site and reads your work, then he'd be utterly jealous and in awe of your writing, and probably would wonder "Why didn't I think of that?".

Wonderful, wonderful, BRILLIANTLY wonderful...another one for the favorites. Oh, and congrats on receiving those 65 reviews for The Strength of Ten Men- all of which are well deserved. I am quite surprised, however, that this story only has 20...oh, well, maybe the site was down when your legion of fans all wanted to click the lilac button. I apologize for any spelling or grammatical mistakes in this review...I've tried correcting most of them but it's kind of late. I was going to work more on a story but...I decided reading and reviewing this was more important, lol. And I'm SO glad I finally read it. I still have more to read of yours, though, and definitely plan to soon. I quite enjoy the distraction, and this lack of Supernatural on TV is ruining me...You, Ridley, are my Supernatural Savior.

~*Silver Kitten*~
chocolate rules chapter 1 . 5/6/2006
So cute! I felt for that bunny there! And Dean's great big heart! I really hope that they're all okay from the crash. I'd hate any of them to die, but let's face it the only expendable character from the three is John...and he might just die...but I'm going to need Dean there so if its okay I hopew that part of your story is wrong.

That's it ;)
carocali chapter 1 . 5/6/2006
What a neat way to combine the past and the present. Thankfully, Dean is only lying in the back of the impala dying - along with everyone else. Gee, did I just say thankfully? This is such a wonderful possible look at the brotherly love between Dean and Sam. Just lovely!

:D

Caroline
H.T.Marie chapter 1 . 5/6/2006
Oh, I just had say the baby rabbit storyline choked me up. I can't even begin to say how many times I tried to do the very same thing. They never lived, but I could never put them out of their misery. I made my sister do it, and I'm the oldest. God, I'm such a wuss. Now you all know why I never went to vet school, much to the chagrin of my advisors. LOL.

HT
EagleGirl6 chapter 1 . 5/4/2006
Like another reviewer said before me, writing like this is why you're the best. I waited until after tonight's episode to review, to see how close you were... not bad! Please write more soon, I need some post- Devil's Trap, and soon! Thank you very much:)
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 5/4/2006
Like all your past work this is so good it so easy to eat and feel full. But,and it is with hitch in my throat so good a piece this has been, you have left me with a feeling of heartbreak that just needs to be quietened, so, please, please, give some more soon. Plese!
thelibrarian01 chapter 1 . 5/4/2006
Fantastic job as usual. I'm continually amazed by how well you capture the voices of Sam and Dean. I added you to my author alert list, and every time I get an email I just have to "run" right over and start reading - never mind that I'm supposed to be working. :-) Thanks for the great story! P.S. Ahh Bunnicula; that brings back fond childhood memories.