Reviews for The Newly Revised Book of the Dead
Phyrradoxa chapter 1 . 7/23
This is a great beginning. I was never satisfied with the canon ending, even though I could appreciate its poetic justice. I have a feeling I will much prefer this extension you provide. That it seems you are not making the journey an easy one is much appreciated because it honours the difficulty of the choice and the fight to alter 'destiny'.
KaibaGirl007 chapter 19 . 5/26
Well, another reading session has come to an end, here's a few things I particularly liked:
Mokuba feeling sorry for the defence cards his brother has but never uses. (you've seriously got me thinking about my own neglected cards now)
Kaiba sorting though the female monster cards to figure out which one he'll have to 'deal with'. (I can just imagine the head butting going on between him and Mahaado once he discovers XD)
The appearance of the Flame Swordsman due to Yugi's need being great enough to summon him. *wonders it that summoning revelation will become important later in the story*
More of Kaiba's past re-surfacing, in all chapters. (I always love reading what others visualise on what came before in his life, and your take on past events never fails to fascinate me)
That fight/sparring sequence. (so dramatic, pulses racing, and nice to see Kaiba beat Yami at something as well as the control he held to not let himself get too carried away and injure him)
Hearing Mokuba's thoughts about how he can't stay mad at his brother after the things they've been through and his take on Pegasus. (things like this get overlooked a lot, and it's nice to see some focus on to what he'd actually feel regarding these instances)
The Duel made out of leaves. (very resourceful and fun was definitely had there)
Mokuba and Mana's kiss as witnessed by Yugi was cute. (and you have made this ship float enough with me that it has now officially joined my armada :P)
Until next time,
KaibaGirl007 chapter 15 . 5/22
Aha, so the voice inside Kaiba's head was Seto!
Finally the pair of them have stopped holding back and taken the plunge to grasp their desires; tastefully done too ;)
Lol, I love it when Mokuba tells his stories and Kaiba's thoughts on them.
And the reminiscence of Kaiba's early years are a wonderful insight into his character building. I especially love the fascination he had with numbers.
Until next time,
Melantha Roshni chapter 1 . 5/17
Yugioh definitely needed a fuller ending, at least in the anime, and you've tied up a lot of loose ends. The character development was amazing, the emotions felt real, and the writing was gripping. In particular, you highlight and continue a part of Kaiba's personal development sadly lacking in the actual series. I really enjoyed it!
Hergan chapter 33 . 5/4
Excellent story, I love the message and the way the story was told. Thank you for sharing.

Also, though I don't think you used it in this chapter (I think last chapter? there were a couple of times I noticed it) you've meant ensure and not insure several times-insure is something you do with money in case something happens, for like a house or car or something. To ensure something you make sure that it happens. Not that this has any bearing on the actual telling of the story... but thought you might want to know.
Hergan chapter 28 . 5/3
I love the game you had him come up with. It was so fitting! This was a really good chapter.
Hergan chapter 25 . 5/3
I was going to wait until the end to write another comment, but I feel l just have to right now. The way Yami and Kaiba are struggling with making their lives their own has really reminded me of a coming of age story, and I really like what you are doing with it. I love the philosophies and outlooks on life that you bring into the story, the morals and lessons that you are able to draw, while simultaneously fitting everything neatly into the universe.

Thank you very much for sharing.
Hergan chapter 14 . 5/3
I absolutely love the way you are blending fairy tales into this piece. I'm hearing ones I haven't even heard before, and they make the story much richer. And I love the way that you provide almost an analysis of what they mean simultaneously, and it makes sense in terms of the story. Maybe that's because I've taken classes where I've needed to analyze the meaning of fairy tales from another country.
Hergan chapter 3 . 5/3
I laughed really hard at the Dark Magician scene. That was really funny. Your stories are pretty interesting so far, I'll let you know more as I keep reading.
KaibaGirl007 chapter 11 . 5/1
Well, another reading session has come to an end ...
Again, I'm really loving the interaction between all the characters. Kaiba and Mahaado and the whole math/magic thing was especially interesting. Who would have known zeros were so important?
The two way admiration between Kaiba and Pegasus too was a joy to see. And the history for Kaiba's relatives was great too. Really adds a little more depth into what is vaguely known already and why he had so many trust issues even before Gozaburo.
Kaiba's bond with his deck was nice and touching to see. How he saw Battle Ox as his strength at the start of his duelling days and the loyalty to that card by adding additional cards to his deck that helped to strengthen him, and how he acknowledges Saggi as an important part of his deck also. (in a way I see Saggi is a little bit more like a security blanket and safety net to Kaiba,- he was also one of his first Duel Monster cards and when equipped with crush card virus can practically cripple's his opponent's deck; a strategy he's fond of using so there's definitely some love there for Saggi. Idk, my head's to sleepy to put it into better words :P)
Oh, and in relation to more Mokuba/Mana cuteness,- I'm totally blaming you if this becomes one of my new ships, lol.
I'm so sorry, this review's not the greatest -_-
I can't wait till I get the chance to read more,
KaibaGirl007 chapter 6 . 4/28
I'm loving the way you have things mesh together in the fic. Like using both the manga and anime to your own choosing, as well as the way you've featured the Egyptian arc world but at the same time put your own spin, rules and mark on it to make it your own.
I also like the way you've chosen to portray Kisara by keeping her as the Blue Eyes White Dragon. And Mokuba's and Mana's interaction together was great too and I'd never considered their similarities before.
That's all for now. I look forward to my next reading session of this fic :)
KaibaGirl007 chapter 2 . 4/28
Okay, so I'm only two chapters in to this story and just had to leave a review right now (I'm still going to be reading for at least another hour though so another review(s) will be on the way too ;) ) ...
Anyways, Wow! I've mentioned to you how I feel about first person fics and I am totally in awe with what I've read so far! I love your writing and the grasp you have of the characters. All their narratives are so believable and fantastically written.
I especially liked the interaction between Seto and Mokuba in this chapter. Seto's thoughts had me laughing out loud and drawing attention to myself from one very confused looking hubby. Not many things mange to make me crack a smile and do that so kudos to you :) I also like the fact that you've shown the events of Death-T haven't been forgotten either.
Right ... onwards to more chapters!
Cster chapter 15 . 4/6
The magnet analogy was perfect. I think that sums up Kaiba and Yami's relationship in your story and just the dynamics of the two of them period.
Cster chapter 14 . 4/5
The title really suited the rest of the story. I enjoyed this chapter and I like the way you flesh out Kaiba's biological father. It's interesting.
Cster chapter 13 . 4/5
I thought the scene was very eloquent and beautiful. And even sexy .