Reviews for House of Flying Artichokes
force42 chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
I absolutely love the artichokes! The whole of the dinner party was marvelous!
Cinnamon Selkie chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
A truly inspired story. Had me in stitches at times, but also extremely insightful. Cinnamon.
SilkenRoseDreams chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
Once again, you have written this so splendidly that I cannot help but to review saying how happy it has made me! I really loved all the exotic foods and the way they all behaved, so in character, yet so different from the books. I am proud to have read these, and with the way these are written, you could easily write short stories that would be best-sellers. Your writing style is so interesting, and I love the thought and creativity that goes into your writing. Way to go.
CordeliaHunter chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
Very well written. The description of various dishes was particularly *tasteful*. :-)
Doro.neko chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
"...and the artichoke paddling around happily in a saucer of olive oil on the dresser..."

LOVE that image. ;)
MarbleGlove chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
I love the title. And the story certainly lives up to it. I'm deeply dubious of Geraint Rodway's inner worth, but I love Hermione's aplomb in the face of social adversity. I sort of want her to go off and be a successful cursebreaker spinster with a garden of decorative flying artichokes which she refuses to eat.
Gueneviere chapter 1 . 1/28/2007
This was BRILLIANT! I'm begging you, PLEASE continue this one-shot!
Voulez Vous chapter 1 . 8/2/2006
great chapter. I'm really looking forward to what happens next, and meeting Geraint. I noticed that this story showed up in the DMHG section...so I'm guessing that the main coupling is Draco/Hermione. I've never read a fic where Draco was married, but hopefully Pansy won't be too miserable when he leaves her. Well, wishing you luck, please continue this!
duj chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
Great story. Pity it's apparently a one shot. Hermione is about to make the greatest mistake of her life; almost on a par with Snape's choice to join the Death Eaters, and probably as hard to escape from once you're in. And she still doesn't have serious second thoughts, not even when it's rubbed in her face that these are her boyfriend's idea of friends and family (and why on earth wasn't he there, BTW?), until she hears Snape grumbling to himself. Looks like she still respects him more than she likes to admit, despite everything - and he thought she was "brave, gifted and pretty"? Who'd have thought?
cecelle chapter 1 . 5/10/2006
Great story.

I once was awarded points by a reviewer for correct use of the word antimacassar - I am now proud to pass those points on! ;-)

It would be hateful to have to try to prove that you belong to people who are making every effort to show you that you don't belong.

And I liked the artichoke - I have a problem in the books with the way things that seems so *sentient* are treated like they are carrots. I remember it making me a bit queasy to think about the mandrakes - they look like people, they cry, they can act 'moody and secretive', and then they get chopped and juiced! Glad Hermione has similar reservations.

I really did enjoy that (and was there a hint of SS/HG at the end?) But then I am wondering if his notice in the "Alumni News" is the direct result of this evening, LOL.
antijuicy chapter 1 . 5/5/2006
oh, wow. That was just amazing. The detail and the little side-comments about what they were eating - a helluva lot better than the average Just In fic. A question though: is there going to be a romantic pairing of any kind?
maaike-fluffy chapter 1 . 5/5/2006
Very, very good. And I mean that. Not at all the average "just-in". Your story is very detailed. Lots of imformation about the food (JKR would have done that) and it give a nice little peek into the Pureblood way of living.

I like it how you also give some time to show us what's going on in Hermione's brain. Usually authors either overdo it, or don't do it at all. My compliments.

Are you intending on keeping this a one-shot or are you going to add a 2nd chapter?

Well, I usually intend to let my reviews be more than just 'good job' so here's my piece of advise: try to use a little bit more humor next time. I like the scene where Snape knocked over his goblet and the artichockes escaped. Do thinks like that more often. You're good at it. Or maybe some witty replies to Zabini?

Anyway.. I just wanted to congratulate you on a great ficlet. May you have lots of reviewers!

Maaike
Digital Tempest chapter 1 . 5/5/2006
Wow. That's all I can really say. I'm blown over by this story. This was very well-written with so many intricate, lovely details, especially with the various foods that Hermione experienced at the dinner party. Beautifully done.