Reviews for Old Rebel Yeller
Northface chapter 1 . 5/5/2006
The dog being named Buttercup made me laugh-I think I read a book when I was like 5 in which there was a cow named Buttercup, and it's stuck with me. Liked the vivid description of the vermin in the motel room. And: "with the grin that always made him look as though he ought to be arrested for something" (so true), and Sam's preoccupation with brushing his teeth (they always feel so fuzzy if you don't brush them). And Dean having last seen Beau on Memorial Day-I can imagine what that was like.
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 1 . 5/5/2006
Well, I'm not much into the civil war but I'm willing if you are. I loved your slutty discription of Dean.
I'mcalledZorro chapter 1 . 5/5/2006
Awesome! Totally love the civil war stuff. Please continue quickly.
geminigrl11 chapter 1 . 5/5/2006
You are freakin' hilarious! LOL! Between Sam and his felas and the White House and Dean as a Transformer and Sam's still unbrushed teeth (EW!) and jump Dean and people knowing what bagels are and "Confederate by Choice" . . . Yeah. Hilarious!

What makes it even better? I have relatives who live in Staunton. Have lived there for years and years! HEE!

Okay, monkey. Keep banging the cymbals! Can't wait to read more!
jmm0001 chapter 1 . 5/5/2006
Love everything you write, but this already overflows with grace and talent that takes my breath away. Please,I'm willing to beg like Buttercup. More, and soon.
Lemmypie chapter 1 . 5/5/2006
Woke up this morning and saw this waiting for me in my inbox. AH BigPink has done it again. Sucked me it from the get go. You my dear are no Farb...But just so you know the South probably won't rise again.

Buttercup the wonderbeast has a great voice, for a dog. And both Dean and Sam are spot on.

Oh you've heard this song and dance from me before.

LP
Zelost-Mind chapter 1 . 5/5/2006
What the hell indeed?...and that whole brushing your teeth with coke thing...really got me thinking.

I'd laugh for weeks if i saw my brother brushing his teeth with coke.
ellenoz chapter 1 . 5/5/2006
I get to be first reviewer. First time I've been first, too. Yay, I did a little squeel of joy when I saw this posted so soon, and I thought I was past such outbursts. I'm loving the start of this story; the heat, the health hazzard White House, the fleas, the swearing corpse seeking (soon to be very evil?) Buttercup. Sam wanting to swim in the ocean, and Dean, how lovably annoying can that man can be sometimes? Happy to see he's keeping himself occupied between gigs. Thanks, BigPink, Cue applause and cries of more!
Begger chapter 1 . 5/5/2006
Your first review! *hands you cookie* This story is not only well written, funny, and dynamic, but it's got a bit of a mystery to it already! Keep on writin'! I'm loving this so far!
144 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10