Reviews for Old Rebel Yeller
Crystal Music chapter 5 . 8/9/2006
Laundry list of my favorite details of this chapter: 1. Sam pissed off about getting Tang instead of oj. 2. The sausage casing in Dean's teeth being *wayward.* Hilarity ensues. 3. Dean being too macho to put on sunscreen. 4. You picking that battle, because it was fought on my birthday.

Aw, poor Deany-poo, don't worry, the car will be okay.
Crystal Music chapter 2 . 8/9/2006
AAHH you read Confederates in teh Attic... and then wrote a fanfic about it. I think I might love you. I kept expecting Rob to show up. Sweet beyond all belief.
Crystal Music chapter 1 . 8/9/2006
Sweet! you're going to talk about farbs! the word that's a noun and verb and adjective rolled into one!

okay, that was nerdy. So anyway... There's a million things I like about this chapter, mostly (like their friend) the devil in the details. Dean chasing poppy seeds and drinking scalding coffee like it isn't and the White House motel and Buttercup. So...on to the rest.
buffgirl73 chapter 1 . 8/3/2006
Loved the Motorhead comment!
otter chapter 9 . 7/3/2006
Absolutely incredible. Not only well-written but astonishingly well-researched, and the voices are just spot-on. Rarely do I come across fan fiction so tremendously well-done; I hardly have words for my admiration. Bravo.
EagleGirl6 chapter 9 . 7/2/2006
Excellent tale. Thank you very much.
EagleGirl6 chapter 7 . 7/2/2006
Wow, such desription, very good chapter. Each is better than the last.

My favorite parts:

“So, Dean,” Sam said, recognizing the late arrival of his Reasonable Voice, the one that he’d developed for dealing with his brother and father when they were suggesting all sorts of folly,

Jesus, but Sam was slow. Just slow in every way, walked slow, thought slow. Ate his damn sandwich slow. Couldn’t follow what Dean was saying, even. Had he always been this slow? How could Dean not have noticed that?

OMG, what was Sam thinking letting Dean take Buttercup home? They could have at least wrapped it up or washed it!

And Jubal and the bullet, am I sensing a "My Precious" kind of vibe goin on here? Just awesome work. I really gotta get some new adjectives...

Thanks,

EagleGirl6 chapter 6 . 7/2/2006
Well, I had copied my favorite lines from this chapter into a review screen and damn-well closed it out. Dadgummit. Is that a period curse? If only there would be an episode half as good as this story...

I loved how Dean was so good at making the bullets, and how you described Sam's respect and awe of that. Beau is a great OC, both the clown and an expert hunter. Poor buttercup, such a sweet girl, too bad. At least she finally caught a squirrel :)

And why didn't Dean want to "wear those colors"? He didn't want to wear gray while Sam was in blue? The brother-vs-brother thing? Or he didn't want to wear Confederate gray at all? Am I reading too much into that?

On to the next chapter, loving this story!

EagleGirl6 chapter 5 . 7/2/2006
OMG, you freakin crack me up!

This line was so cute! Sam was "rapt!" Hahaha:

"Dean took one look at the park guide about to start the walking tour and turned in the other direction. Sam blocked his way, and could see clear over Dean’s head, and his face was rapt. Dear god, now he was going to have to drag Sammy away from yet another educational experience. Near broke his heart every time."

And I love how you describe the boys' "strengths", like Dean's knowledge of the Civil War battle and this for Sam:

“Give me your keys, Dean,” Sam said quietly, proving beyond a doubt that not only was he mad, but he was smart.

And the "Captain Obvious" award goes to Beau:

'“Dog like that could make a terrible mess of a car’s upholstery,” Beau observed, leaning down to peer through the window.

“Shut up,” both Winchesters said at the same time.'

And then while I'm still wiping the tears of humor from my eyes, you hit me with this and the tears turn cool:

“I had a life, Dean,” he said quietly. “It involved an apartment, a bike lock, Jess’s car, her parents’ cabin up north, the padlock to the boathouse – “

Sorry I haven't reviewed each chapter, but I will from now on, even though this isn't a new story. I was going to start the new one... but then you mentioned this so I thought I'd stay in order :)

This is awesome, thanks for writing it!

brighette chapter 9 . 6/17/2006
As always, this was quite fun! Love your stories, they are decidedly different from what anyone else writes! And you have the brothers pegged perfectly. Looking forward to your next one!
IheartPadalecki chapter 9 . 6/11/2006
Nice ending! I like the wrap up!
Ciya chapter 9 . 6/11/2006
You can swear as much as you like but it definately was a damn good story.

When you think about what Sam and Dean do you would think that they would stay as far away from places like the Civil War Battlefields, Battle of Little Big Horn or Wounded Knee Massacre sites. But I do think that the guys are gluttons for punishment because they seem to grativate to places like that.
irismay42 chapter 9 . 6/10/2006
A perfect ending to a perfect story. It's nice to have the boys back to their version of normal - Sam's baiting of Dean with doggy jokes was just hilarious! - although I've got to say Dean-possessed-by-Buttercup was inspired!

If only all history books were written like this. And included the Winchesters. Obviously.
Northface chapter 9 . 6/9/2006
Sort of a comfortable ending to the story. Started off as we began-Sam gaping, Beau re-enacting, Dean... being Dean.

I liked the little details, as usual, like the black t-shirt.

"“I don’t know. Maybe it’s better this way. Don’t the living deserve it? Isn’t it what these guys all died for?”

Sam’s brows crooked together in amazement. “They died to protect urban sprawl, environmental destruction and the conspicuous over-consumption of the American lifestyle?” he asked incredulously." Because, as they discuss, the sentiment is true and always will be (the fighting for the future, not the strip malls). And it's funny.

And the ticking clocks... I went and looked up the lyrics, because I like the song but, admittedly, there is moaning that is unintelligible-and they're strange, I've discovered. Anyways.

Soldiering on, they are, because that's what they do.
GhostOfFanFicPast chapter 9 . 6/9/2006
Perfect ending to an awesome story. I enjoyed the ride-it was really well done, and you definitely have a talent for writing. The whole last part in the car, especially the last paragraph and line were just perfect.

Now I'm gonna go find somewhere to get Confederates in the Attic. _