Reviews for Old Rebel Yeller
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 9 . 6/9/2006
Thank God, I can sleep now. This was such a good story. The knowledge you wrote with made it so real and believable. The crazy Dean chapter is still my favorite. Well done and bravo!
zippdipp chapter 9 . 6/9/2006
It's the end...!

A good ending:-D

*hugs*

xx
Lemmypie chapter 9 . 6/9/2006
It's over...That's it...No more Civil War. Oh man I'm at a loss. What am I going to research now? I'm like a dog without a bone...HA! Get it! HAHA!

Once again you've summed it up, tied it up and brought it home!

Full circle just the way I love it.

So...What's up Doc?
Zelost-Mind chapter 9 . 6/9/2006
well, i enjoyed that very much.
HealerAriel chapter 8 . 6/5/2006
You had me SO worried with that chapter - but it turned out okay, and I breathed a sigh of relief. *pulls Sam and Dean into bone-crushing hug*
Northface chapter 8 . 6/5/2006
Sigh. Only the epilogue to go-too bad. Been a wild ride.

So, the usual: Liked the phrase "bone fire", which is so close to bonfire.

Liked all the references to numbers, though I don't know why.

"A nice little exorcism, some Latin sprinkled like confetti over a bride."

"...joining all the other spent lead on this contested ground."

"Sam looked at his brother, saw him, for maybe the first time in years. Inside, unprepared for what was there, in both of them. Don’t take your eyes off him, Sam counseled himself." For the two opposing thoughts which are both true.

You have a tendency to stop at a critical point in time (like Dean about to shoot himself) and then seguing into some story from the brothers' past. Which is good for suspense and tension and whatever, and drives me crazy because of it!

"“Hey,” he said, almost as though he’d just run into him at the dollar store. “Hey. So.”" For Sam's eloquence.
Windyfontaine chapter 8 . 6/5/2006
Wow. Um, my usual flowery speech seems to have escaped me, so, bye bye Buttercup, possession time is over :) Dean's gonna hurt like a sonofableep when those amazing drugs finally wear off. Angst, yeah, I see you took stock in the mega-size buckets. But, it all turned out all right in the end, huge sigh of relief. Piece of advice, Dean? Melt the sucker down and bury it in the consecrated ground. Yeah, I'm on a sugar high :) Wonderful writing, and yes, more story still to love! Will be waiting happily :)
IheartPadalecki chapter 8 . 6/5/2006
Nice chap! Seriously loved it.
GhostOfFanFicPast chapter 8 . 6/5/2006
God... That whole time I was suspicious of what Dean would do, and then all of a sudden he turns the gun on himself... Way to frigging freak me out! Oh man, that chapter was just... intense... no other word to describe it, except maybe 'wow'... Can't wait for the epilogue. _

And in response to, well, your response to my other review, hehe, I actually haven't heard of Confederates in the Attic (until you mentioned that in one of the earlier chapters). I'll look it up. In my CW class we read Gods and Generals and The Killer Angels-not much to chuckle about, that's for sure, but good books. Like I said, I'll check out Confederates in the Attic. Sounds interesting.

See you in the epilogue, hehe.
Zelost-Mind chapter 8 . 6/5/2006
well, that worked out. Oh, just the epilogue to go, eh?
irismay42 chapter 8 . 6/5/2006
Thank you thank you thank you... And that's just for not sticking in a cliffhanger just as Dean turned the gun on himself... (I had to scroll down just to make sure there was more...!)

Fantastic climactic bit of storytelling - hit all the right buttons - not just the angsty Dean as John's ever-faithful gun dog part - but the way you got the story to reflect the history of brothers facing each other on a battlefield was also really nicely done.

Hooray for Sam saving Dean for a change!

Hooray for Dean getting to be smart and good at stuff! I always knew there was more to him than just a pretty face!
historylover chapter 8 . 6/5/2006
Wow! Great story. You had me convinced that Dean was really going to kill himself! OK, I'm gullible.

Can't wait for the epilogue!

Kat
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 8 . 6/5/2006
My God that was great! I'm reading this at work, I saw it was up and had to. So intense. I'll have to read it again later when I'm not trying to be sneaky. Wow. Shit. Now I want to go home and work on my story, you've inspired me. Wait! I e-mailed the part I'm working on to work. God, I'm so clever!

God, this chapter has me so jazzed! I need a cigarette (wait I don't smoke) or to hit something...they changed my medication...jEsUs...
Lemmypie chapter 8 . 6/5/2006
Um...Yeah I HAVE two antichrists so I'll take a pass on that whole your so indebted you wanna give away a kid thing. Thanks though, really.

I told you that just when I think you can't make it any better you do. HOW DO YOU DO THAT?

Your almost done, steady as she goes! ;) PARD!

It's angsty in all the right ways, and still I get so tense reading it, which says a lot cause I've read it at least 8 times and I still get that feeling shoulders tight.

You are the rockingest, rocker out there.
jmm0001 chapter 8 . 6/5/2006
"Hey. So." Breathless. What a ride.

Can we go again?