Reviews for Patient Potions Master
curlybean chapter 15 . 5/25/2006
I started reading this story on Potions and Snitches, so I was really excited to see that you had more chapters up on Fanfiction. This is a great story. Sad to know that there are only 1-2 chapters left.

Snape might have been OOC a bit, but I think you explained that all in this chapter. Snape definitely has a dark past that I hope JK Rowling explains in the last book. He is probably the most mysterious and interesting character she has.

I loved the Remus/Harry moments. They both need each other so much right now. I was kind of disappointed that JKR didn't allow them to get closer in HBP. Maybe in the next book...

So, when this story is done are you going to write anything else? Maybe a Snape mentors Harry story? Or Remus raises Harry? Just a few thoughts.
Shiruba Fokkusu chapter 15 . 5/25/2006
oh, now we all have to feel sorry for Harry. It's so hard not to.
AdmiralJackal chapter 15 . 5/25/2006
Remus is so awesome. He should have talked to Harry through the mirror though.

Update soon.
Dragonero chapter 15 . 5/25/2006
Now, that was certainly a revelation! The last chapters were great! What will happen now, that harry knows where the problem lays? Im looking forward to the next chapter to find out!
whitehound chapter 15 . 5/25/2006
Snape seems emotionally in character - deliberately lacerating himself - but it doesn't seem at all likely he would have known Wormtail was the traitor. That would mean that all the time he was confronting Sirius, trying to have him Kissed etc. he actually knew he was innocent! More likely, he would feel he might have been able to do more to find out who the traitor was.
wynnleaf chapter 15 . 5/25/2006
Okay...what to say... I can mostly understand Remus showing up as he's been hearing Harry talk about this in the mirror, although coming to the door exactly when he did was circumstancial I guess. Overall, I can understand Snape feeling a lot of guilt over Lily's death, since he was the one that passed the prophecy on to Voldemort. And I could understand how he would also hate Harry because Lily died to save him, and that makes him resent Harry.

But I think the other explanation of his guilt - knowing about Wormtail - makes a "good" Snape (on the side of Light, that is), incompatible with canon. If Snape knew that Pettigrew was the informant, then his actions and words in the Shrieking Shack, his furious efforts to deliver Sirius to the dementors, are utterly without excuse. He becomes an person so utterly eaten with hate and bitterness that he'd willingly and knowingly send an innocent man to the dementor's kiss - furiously telling him how guilty he was all the time. And if the Order knew that Snape knew Pettigrew was the informant, they should absolutely never trust Snape again. That's not a "second chances" kind of thing, as he would have been deceiving Dumbledore even during POA.

Within the context of your story, however, (if one pretends Snape never tried to get Sirius recaptured and sent to the dementors) the stories works. It's overall well written and a good read.

I liked the part where Remus had the other mirror and watched Harry calling to Sirius. That was a nice twist.
alix33 chapter 8 . 5/25/2006
Oh, I forgot to add this to my review of the previous chapter - I absolutely love it when characters in HP FFs actually accept muggle sweets when prof. Dumbledore offers it to them!
Estel Ashlee Snape chapter 15 . 5/25/2006
Nice chapter. Dont worry Snape even in cannon is a very hard character to understand he will always be a mystery.

EAS
sunsethill chapter 15 . 5/25/2006
As with the other chapters, that was very well-written and Remus being the one that Harry finally opens up to was believably presented.

I guess I'm having problems because the "mystery" revealed-that Snape felt guilty about Lily's death-did not seem that great of a mystery to have built your suspense on. Maybe the last chapter will reveal what has happened to finally make Snape develop a need to apologize and confess to Harry after all these years. Maybe it was in the first parts of the story and I've missed it.

And I still don't know why the dungeon felt like a dementor was there when Snape was only going to show Harry his confessional memory. Was this just atmosphere for the story? Was Snape in such emotional turmoil that he magically created the conditions? I'm still confused.
cardigrl chapter 14 . 5/25/2006
I hate to say this, but instead of making anything more clear, this chapter just muddies the water even more. I really don't get this at all. WHY did Remus suddenly burst in? Why does Snape show Harry that memory, and why does he start rambling? And why do they say Snape should have done more? He defected to Dumbledore and warned him BEFORE Lily and James were killed. What exactly should he have done?

Frankly, my biggest problem with this story all along is that everybody (except Harry) seems so OOC. I just can't see Snape OR Remus going this psycho and doing any of what you have them doing. Obviously, many stories are AU, but they don't work if the characters start going out of form as well. FWIW.
Estel Ashlee Snape chapter 14 . 5/25/2006
Oh boy, that was truly deep. very good chapter which by the way seem to come out of the wazu bc of how you update so quickly. cant wait to read the next chapter!

EAS
alix33 chapter 7 . 5/25/2006
What a very moving chapter, especially the latter bits!

I would have wanted a longer explanation though maybe, from prof. Dumbledore, of how he found out what Snape did and maybe of what he thinks might have motivated Snape to do that.

"Harry...dropping the sweet paper back nito the bowl" - why does Harry do that? aren't there any wastepaper baskets in prof. Dumbledore's otherwise very well-organised, -appointed and -stocked office, then?

"swirling water" - but it isn't really 'water' in the pensieve, though, is it? but what on earth to call it: "fluid thoughts", "thought fluid", "memory liquid", "liquefied memories", maybe?
sunsethill chapter 14 . 5/25/2006
We definitely got more information here, but I think I need to wait until all is clear to really say more. Still thoroughly confused as to what Snape was trying to accomplish through all of this, or why it came to a head just now. I live in hope that this will be cleared up. ;-)
Shiruba Fokkusu chapter 14 . 5/25/2006
Wow. That was powerful. Seriously, like the chapter just blew me away.
Lauren Dezario chapter 14 . 5/25/2006
Oh! It's FINALLY coming together!

*Applauds*