Reviews for A good elf
coolcat12345 chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
So creepy and tragic but cool.I must say I am impressed Winky can do such complicated magic and about Dobby's job talk with MacGonagall.
Iva1201 chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
Very original plot, very realistic possibility, great written. Shall I add some more praise? (-:
Reader-Writer chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
Very original, very realistic. You made everyone act in character, and bringing her master back, is something I can easily imagine Winky to do. But, whoa, did she become insane in this...

Scary (but good) story.

kiniyakkii chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
So... realistic. I can imagine this happening. I love it... even if it is... scary...
Chemistress chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
This is a very, very original, surprising story - a "one of a kind". It is quite a work of genius to take something, we all know very well, and re-use it in a way that leaves the reader shocked in amazement...but your Hermione is much cleverer than any of us *g* - just excellent!
fairydustandcansofspam chapter 1 . 10/16/2007
wow, if that's not creepy, I don't know what is... eek. My heart rate accelerated there... woah that was... intense holy crap. Winky IS creepy, too, that's like... well, let's just say it's something she'd do... eek that's weird. I love how Hermione reacted, it's just like she does in the books, not telling anyone while she tries to fix it lol. this was GOOD!
Minerva Medica chapter 1 . 8/24/2007
selmak chapter 1 . 8/2/2007
Wow! This is powerful and unexpected! Great job!
DailyProphetEditor chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
This is... scary. And a really, really well-written story. Kudos!
saltandpepper15 chapter 1 . 4/12/2007
WOW! That was creepy. I realized what Winky was going to do about a paragraph or so before Hermione did. Could you have a sequal that has what happens to Winky and BC jr? Please?
immovinout chapter 1 . 1/13/2007
Holy shit! Thats horrible! Not the story, about Winky! Thats, thats, that make sent! Oh, dear!

That was a wonderfuly written story.
getdeleated chapter 1 . 6/28/2006
lol, This is fantastic. Just, wow.

Lady Sporkess chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
wow..this is just FREAKY i love it...
Deb-lil chapter 1 . 6/11/2006
Wow. Wow, you are incredible. That was...that was very suspensful and chilling.

Your writing skills are fine-tuning themselves more and more. You built up incredible pressure in this one. Right from the start, there was something up, and leave it to Hermione to put it together.

The ending of this story was unbelievable. "Winky is a GOOD elf". I can practically hear the utter insanity reverberating in my head. It's very unnatural, yet somewhat believable. Moody, the blood of the enemy, was actually hoodwinked. Wow.

Great work, Bagge. I wish I could add you to my favorites list twice, but alas...that's impossible.

Jobey in Error chapter 1 . 6/10/2006
Yay! I love it when a ficcer takes on the work of deliberately adopting a genre - in this case the classic horror one. (Usually we're so *lazy*.) And you've done so better than any other example I've seen... the way it starts off all light and cuddly, and then the running around, the build-up of confusion and suspense, utilizing the "bone, flesh, blood" ritual, and the horrible eerie images at the end... good stuff. Well done.

Your characterizations were pretty deft, though I have to take a slight bit of umbrage with psychoanalyst!Lupin (I roll my eyes every time he adopts that tone. Only once in canon, but endlessly in fanon) and Mad-Eye. My gosh, what does everyone have against the guy? How's everyone else reading all this hostility and nastiness into him? Still, the image of Winky attacking him was excellent. It struck just the right tone for your purposes - on the surface pretty fun in its apparent harmlessness, but sinister for the very craziness once you look a bit deeper, and ve-e-e-ry scary once you find out why.