Reviews for King's Champion
IAmAMythologist chapter 2 . 4/11
Good gosh, I am beginning to think that you are very best NARNIA fan fiction writer. You have completely captured the spirit of stories, as well as the characters, and I am amazed every time I read (and reread) your work. Thank you! I honestly think that C. would be proud.
Please keep writing!
Qoheleth chapter 1 . 5/6/2019
Dear Andi:

This is mostly all right, I think, but Lucy's dialogue seems off to me. I know it's hard to have a character maintain a elevated, faux-medieval mode of speech while she's being driven to distraction by her romantic troubles, but, if Chaucer can manage it, surely you can. (Not that it was *faux*-medieval in his case - but you know what I mean.)

Sincerely,
Qoheleth
shini-amaryllis chapter 2 . 5/30/2017
The characterization was wonderful! And I liked how you ended it!
purpledandelions chapter 2 . 4/28/2017
Aw I liked this so much! I especially like Golden sage fic because Lewis never gives us much time with them as adults and legends and yet that's a part of their appeal. To me, anyways.
WillowDryad chapter 2 . 12/28/2011
Oh, lovely stuff again.

"And please, Aslan, if you don't mind- for Peter, too. Because . . . he believes in me."

Nicely done.
Crazy Dyslexic Nerd chapter 2 . 7/11/2011
That was a very nice story, and I rather like how you ended it.

-Dyslexic Nerd
cluless chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
good story

what book or movie did Caspian say the words
rosebudmelissa chapter 2 . 2/5/2011
*sigh* That was perfect. Everything I could wish for in a fanfiction. That line about the Duchess was like something straight out of the books. So much of it was. I like the banners for the four of them as well. Did you come up with that? If so, well done, it set me wondering what colors they each would have.
rosebudmelissa chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Wow! This fic is wonderful! The courtly language is seamlessly integrated and Peter's speech to Edmund was absolutely perfect! All of them seem perfectly in character.
Desertfyre chapter 2 . 1/8/2011
Loved the story! I'm kinda glad you left it when Edmund was starting his fight and not going through the entire tournament cause it really isn't about that. (Though I would have liked it.)

And thanks so much, you just gave me a new singer to check out. I love the song Bow the Crown, I was playing it while reading this.
Belle of Books chapter 2 . 2/10/2010
Loved it! I love how you wrote him as having been scared and nervous but then looking to Aslan and Aslan's banner for strength, etc. Love it. Ed's my favorite and I love what you did with him.
Shizuku Tsukishima749 chapter 2 . 1/7/2010
Man, that was BRILLIANT! *U*

How DID you get such a grasp on the Old Tongue? Goodness, it seems impossible to me, but you are SHOCKINGLY FLAWLESS at it! *U* I WISH I could do that!

I was curious, so i looked up Heather. She is AMAZING! I am now writing a story based on, 'True and Destined Prince!' U Thanks for introducing her to me (and the others who read this)!

Wow... Does it ever say how old they were in this tournament? Do you have any ages in your head? *U* Seems SO SWEET!

I loved the sibling bonding! Goodness, especially the light, yet nerve-wracking Su/Peter parts, the protective, yet hilarious plight of the Lu/Peter part, and the loving, yet firm Ed/Peter parts! So true!

lol. Poor Lu, with her suitors! Such sweet dears, but so ridiculous, too! U I'm glad they finally backed off! It was so adorable when Lu asked Peter to make them go away, he reached for his nonexistent sword (LOVE the protectiveness), and she goes to Su for help (both big siblings were quite the laughers at helpless Lu, were they not? XD)!

lol. The Peter/Su parts at the beginning were so cute, especially the parts where she made him nervous (I wish he could have seen her smiles, though; that would have calmed his nerves). XD

Edmund and Peter...the BEST of brothers! Such a sweet account of what went on between them, and I'm glad the speech about Aslan was all he needed. U

Su's stitching was GORGEOUS! Gosh, I could see it, and...BEAUTIFUL! I LOVED it, especially how he got choked up, and she was modest! U

Honestly, I ADORED the exchange between Peter and the girls just before the tournament. The waist-swinging and kisses were hilariously sweet! XD

The first part with the Duke was SPECTACULAR! Goodness, the way Peter challenged the man politely was SO COOL! *U*

Ah...you NEVER CEASE to ENGROSS me, my friend! *U* I shall read every one of your Narnia fics, even if it should take me days, weeks, or months (what with school...)! *U* I LOVE THEM! *U* *U*

Ever-so sincerely signed,

Shizuku Tsukishima749 :D ;D :) ;)
Guest chapter 2 . 10/20/2009
I love this story.
LadyoftheShield chapter 2 . 9/22/2009
It's perfect the way it is
snowstargirl chapter 2 . 8/10/2009
This is magnificent! I don’t think I’ve ever read a story wherein Peter and Edmund are portrayed so nobly. This is definitely one of my favorites!

Edmund’s love for his brother was profound, without either of them seeming weak, effeminate, or out of character. In fact they seemed very much in character, though I’ve never read anything quite like this. Edmund’s desire to honor Peter, and Peter’s faith in him regardless of the outcome of the tournament, were illustrated marvelously. You’ve really exemplified honor, fealty, loyalty, and brotherly love.

Peter’s response to Edmund at the end of the first chapter was full of truth, and it was somehow both a reminder of his faith in Edmund and an admonishment all at once. Edmund’s plea to Aslan and capitulation to the will of Aslan and Peter was amazing. It was easy to tell that the boys especially felt the honor and weight of their position.

I was really impressed by your Susan as well. She seemed quite the gentle and caring queen (again, in way I’ve not seen her written before), the way I’ve always thought she would have been (though I couldn’t have laced her gentleness into her actions the way you have) at the end of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. And Susan and Lucy’s sisterly love was both sweet and amusing.

The entire family’s love for and delight in each other was beautiful. I wish all siblings could be this close and wish each other so much goodwill.

My favorite thing about the whole story was the way you wove Aslan into it. His importance, the children’s love and honor of him, and the fact that fighting under him is so much more important than winning or losing were displayed brilliantly. This was a truly amazing piece.