Reviews for Driven Like the Snow
rebecca-in-blue chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
Wow, this is just wonderful. I loved reading Eponine's midnight musings. You capture her tired, disjointed state of mind so well. I especially loved her thoughts on Montparnasse vs. Marius.
Soleil la bijoutiere chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
This was, in few words, so beautiful and sad I was about to cry. Since I first read Les Misérables, Éponine has fascinated me, and since I began to read fanfiction, I LOVE her relationship with Montparnasse (as long as it remains inexplicable, rough and passionate). And I also have a major crush on him, but name me one girl in this site who hasn't and I'll send you a cookie!

The detail about her mother's wedding dress was very moving and it called my attention, I don't know why.

"She didn't want to be only a tiny part of a drift, no matter that she probably was in real life"

THAT was what made me tear up.

But I have only one small question: What's the Nemorin? I've searched a jillion of websites, I've re-read the Brick for I-don't-know-how-many times to understand it... I even asked my parents! But they are as clueless as I am. I finally resorted to these, and I'm sorry if I bother you.

Thank you, and please write another story about Éponine and Montparnasse if you have time.

Sol
Tigermending chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
This was so so sweet, in its own way. I love the imagery. Also, is the title a Tori Amos reference? ;) Love it!
AmZ chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
What a great Eponine. Just the right mix of pathos, hyperactivity, keenness, and misery. I never did understand how people who were literally half-naked survived winters...
ponine-cosette chapter 1 . 2/25/2007
That was great. I loved it.
Smoltenica chapter 1 . 12/18/2006
Wow. I love this fic- I love your Eponine, and the way the story is all canon. Poor Eponine!

You really have done a marvellous job here!
Mlle. Eponine chapter 1 . 9/20/2006
I am truly lost for words.

And knowing me, that says a lot.

I'm so impressed with this piece of-art. You nailed her character, and Montparnasse too. I liked the slightly disjointed style, because that's the way she thinks (and speaks, too!) Your unique voice made me actually believe that you are Éponine. Brava, m'dear. It's a CLASSIC.

'It didn't have to happen perfectly to mean something.'
cabsandwaifs chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
Great job! It's always great to read in-character thoughts from Eponine's point of view, since the book has basically none of that. It's something that has been tried and failed so much, but you pulled it off. One thing, did Eponine expect the wedding dress to fit? Well done anyway!
Cogito Ergo Sum chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
I like it very much! I see that it's 'complete', but I would love you forever if you wrote more... :)
LesMisLoony chapter 1 . 7/7/2006
I know whatserface down there did NOT just say that no one addresses the Eponine/Montparnasse relationship.

Anyway, this story was insanely amazingly wonderful! I loved your Eponine, wow. I'm adding it to my C2, is that okay? This is beautiful. The only thing is that Eponine actually got picked up afterward, on the way home, but who cares? this is great.

Please write more! I loved this.
TwistedGoth chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
Great story, great Montparnasse, and above all *great* Eponine. Christ almighty, it's good to see her in character. Good job. :)
Javerts-Wench chapter 1 . 5/9/2006
It's nice to read an Eponine story which doesn't make you pity or sympathise for her.
yorozuyagaren chapter 1 . 5/8/2006
Wow... This is really, really good. I love how you've characterized Eponine. She's tragic without trying to be, y'ken?
grasping at pearls chapter 1 . 5/6/2006
This was very, very nicely done! You've presented a very realistic and in character Eponine- something many people seem to have trouble doing. I loved her wandering thoughts and her interaction with Montparnasse, especially. Well done! I'm looking forward to seeing more from you.
The Sugarfaerie chapter 1 . 5/6/2006
Very, very good! I'm glad someone finally addresses the whole Eponine/Montparnasse thing. This was very well written, though the ending seems a little sudden. I liked the dialogue between Eponine and Montparnasse especially. Well done.