Reviews for The Truth of the Phantom of the Opera
Phantasma'sRose chapter 3 . 1/19/2014
Luv it but have to stop on ch 3 for now. Practically asleep as i'm reading it at 3:00 am
Skyeward MusicLover chapter 5 . 7/22/2012
LOVE THIS STORY AND CHAPTER SO FAR! HOPING TO READ MORE OF THIS STORY LATER! HOPE SO AND CAN'T WAIT! :) 3 :) :D
dark-hearted rose chapter 5 . 3/3/2007
yay! *dances around* you updated! I thought you had died or something!

i loved this chapter, it was really lovely...oh, and poor Raoul... *ducks ensuing stones thrown at head from rabid phangirls* don't get me wrong, he's a pansy, but pansies have feelings, too.

anyway, that was my little sermon...now, onto the review!

I LOVED Christine's outfit! Gah! it was awesome...I loved the irony. oh, yes, and Christine has to be more careful, lest she hurt herself and her baby... tsk, tsk...

I also really liked how you set up the end of the chapter for the scene in the graveyard...well done!

PLEASE update soon! I want to see how you manipulate this next scene to your-erm, rather, *Erik's* liking. *smrik*

love and huggles,

dark-hearted rose
The Girl With the Quill Pen chapter 5 . 3/2/2007
I like this- it's fairly well-written, albeit a little unbelievable. But... unbelievability's only bad in large doses x3

Oh, and the answer to your question... oxygen is poisonous, unstable when it hasn't bonded with anything, and flammable. If more than 25% of the air was oxygen (as opposed to the combination of substances like nitrogen, carbon dioxide and water vapour that it is), we'd all die from oxygen poisoning, and fires would be really really dangerous 3
performer001 chapter 5 . 3/1/2007
Your story is very good. Except that Christine doesn't strike me as the kind of girl who would cause so much chaos for the limelight.
GhostOfMusic chapter 2 . 2/28/2007
Here's my review for chapter two. Please note I'm not being mean or negative on purpose. I'm giving you a proper critique rather than just praise so that you can improve your writing skills.

Again, refrain from modern terms. "Piss off" was used in the 1870s, but not by a proper young lady who lived in France. It is a rough term used by rough people. At the moment, it does nothing but make me annoyed, and I am not sympathizing or connecting with Christine.

And again, don't post song lyrics. A line or two is okay, but posting the entire "Music of the Night" piece does nothing but bring the story to a dead halt. Besides, it has taken up half the chapter.

You have to explain Christine's past with Erik/The Phantom. Right now, I'm shocked that she's pregnant with his child. I thought that they had only known each other for a few weeks. Give the readers a brief description of Christine's relationship with Erik.
GhostOfMusic chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
All right, first of all, I think you need to go back and re-write this first chapter, because it's basically copying-and-pasting the movie script. There is almost no change from the movie's dialogue, so I am not very interested by the story so far, because I've already seen the movie. Try going back and changing it so it is more creative. Don't take the movie's dialogue word-for-word.

Secondly, I would refrain from putting in song lyrics. They slow the story down dramatically.

And thirdly, make sure your dialogue is appropriate for the time period. For example:

"We played together a lot and the egotistical [u]jerk[/u] thought that we were sweethearts, [u]or something."[/u]

The girl was a [u]total slut,[/u] and Christine bloody well knew it.

[u]‘Suck up,’[/u] Christine thought, as she watched the pansy being introduced to Carlotta and Piangi.

The underlined words are not words one would say in 1870. Avoid modern terms such as "okay", "or something", "whatever", "total" or "totally", "jerk", and so on. It is distracting from the story itself.

Best wishes,

IC
Christine1987 chapter 5 . 2/28/2007
Answer: Nothing! and there would be less of the other gasses there. I love ur story. Keep it up! Ciao!
I am the Angel of Music chapter 4 . 1/19/2007
...me before supper?

Jolly good show.

-O. G.
phanatical chapter 2 . 1/18/2007
The truth of the Phantom of the Opera is: authors who have to turn Raoul into a brainless fop to get Erik and Christine together lack creativity, skill, character development, and understanding of the material which they proclaim to love.
AHealingRenaissance chapter 4 . 1/18/2007
I love this :D
dark-hearted rose chapter 4 . 1/14/2007
aww, my poor PhantomElphaba...

yeah, that was really rude of...Madame Leroux, or whatever. psh.

anyway, just dropping you a line, saying that SOME people are still sticking with this...not that i needed any of that extra empathy, what with those nasty reviews... _ (and to whoever-you-are-Madame: go ahead! flame me! I DON'T CARE! Leroux Erik is awesome, but you have to give Gerry some credit...and, i mean, come on...he's fricken HOT.)

anyway...

love,

dark-hearted rose
ladyAlyafaelyn chapter 3 . 12/21/2006
Very interesting and funny take on the musical. I love it! Please, update soon. I'll even send you my muse!
frodoschick chapter 3 . 11/22/2006
OH! I LOVE!
Kai Fong chapter 3 . 11/18/2006
yay! I finally found a story where erik and christine are together!

great story!