Reviews for Furious Wielder of Storms
Animekitty47 chapter 1 . 9/4/2014
Finally, someone does something good with Grawp! And what a story it was! Shame he died, and what was that about him being one of only two giants who could read? Well, your Luna and Colin were well done, as was the realities of a job as a milkman. :P Interesting take on the Battle of Hogwarts too. Marvelous job all around!
yairm210 chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
I'm amazed. This is such an incredible story.

I had never thought of Grawp as anything other than his canonical description. I acknowledge my transgressions and my sins are ever before me.

Thank you!
SilkenRoseDreams chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
I simply love this story. It is short but it captures the heart of the magic of Hogwarts. I love the way you've taken artistic license with Colin, a minor character with little depth, and created a completly new 3D image of him. He has a personality, and it is sweet. I think that, while usually I would ask you to make this a novel-length fic, this story has a sense of completeness that I don't find in a lot of the full-length or very short fanfictions. I rather like this just the way it is.

Thank you for the enjoyable read. I look forward to seeing some of your other works.
Thoriyan chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
I really enjoyed this story. It was satisfying in it's character development and integrity, although I wish it ended with a little more finality. I'd rate this as an 8/10. Great writing.
Arekanderu chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
This was a really sweet story :)
Didodikali chapter 1 . 8/21/2007
Wow, I loved this. I loved the idea that Grah-wuh-phag was so much more than he seemed, it just feels so right. The runes, the books, it was all so wonderful. And so were Luna and Colin.

This story fills a hole I'd always felt with canon in a completely unexpected way and I love it. )
Redone chapter 1 . 7/4/2007
Oh, this is absolutely lovely, touching and meaningful. I never liked the way they treated Grawp in the book, and not only Hagrid, but also Hermione and others. And now you weave him one helluva background - a warrior and a poet! Fabulous! Thanks for sharing this gem of a story.
duj chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
Great story and now I understand who was Snape's companion in "Hall of Heroes". I hadn't recognised the name or backstory in his Welcoming Lay - naturally enough, since I hadn't read this story yet - but I love what you've done to flesh out Grawp's tale. not a brutish brainless lump, but a foreigner in a foreign land speaking a language not understood by the locals. Gha... az... hu... wah!
idontreadfanficanymore chapter 1 . 6/14/2006
Wow, this story is so wonderfully written and thought-out. You captured it so poignantly and eloquently I can't quite describe it. All that I can say is that your other reviewers are spot-on (and this story deserves many more than it has) and that I am adding this to my Favourites.
Possum132 chapter 1 . 5/17/2006
I will content myself with another "Glorious!"
cecelle chapter 1 . 5/10/2006
Luna is wonderful in this. "Carnivorous Tonsil Beetles" - LOL

"Not only were we hampered by an idea that most of the school rules were perfectly sensible and probably there for a reason..." What an utterly astounding, novel sentiment for a Potter-verse story! ;-)

"“Jack, read my lips: I did not have sex with that woman!”...define *sex*? LOL!

It's sad Hagrid and Grah-wuh-phag can't communicate, and that Hagrid really seems to know so very little about him (or try to.) I love the scene where Luna reads Hagrid the riot act. Ignorance is not an excuse for abusing another creature. Glad life got better for him after that!

I grinned at the owl incident. There's so much fun detail in this story.

And then - poor Grawp. He earned his place in the Hall of Heroes!

By the end of the story I was quite grateful for the second paragraph, and knowing that Luna did fine in her life. She is a joy throughout this story, and reading about these two misfits forging their own path in life was a pleasure. Thank you.
whitehound chapter 1 . 5/8/2006
You evidently meant to put that Grah-wuh-phag was one of the two per cent of Giants who were literate but it's come out just as a 2. Ffic doesn't allow percentage signs - you have to actualy write "per cent."

It seems reasonable that the Giants aren't stupid; Hagrid and Madam Maxime are both rather excitable and emotionally labile (Hagrid especially so - though that's probably the drink) but Hagrid is reasonably intelligent and Maxime very much so. Probably the yobbish behaviour we see from the Giants is because they are a sort of undisciplined Lord of the Flies type leftover of a broken culture, their tribal elders dead.

You mailed me and asked me to comment but you've got no email addy or website on your profile and you've got private messaging disabled, so there's no way to contact you except via reviews (of which I am only allowed to leave one per story). I can't write my email addy in here because ffic deletes links but if you got to my profile you'll find it there: if you want to talk please email me direct (that is, not through ffic messaging) so I can get your email address that way.
Glor chapter 1 . 5/7/2006
What can I say? This story is a pure masterpiece. I mean it.

Its level is so high that I would’ve liked it even should the plot unfold in a way I wouldn’t like.

The idea of intelligent Grawp communicating via runes is unique. Colin Creevey’s POV is also quite rare.

And the description of Colin and Luna’s friendship and their interaction with Grawp has really got to me.