Reviews for Directors Cut
Lady Blooddrop chapter 21 . 8/3/2010
I loved it. I'm glad you did the alternative ending but the first, while sad, had truth to it, and showed something most writers wouldn't think of. Good Job.

Lady Blooddrop.
senghennydd chapter 21 . 6/1/2010
I don't think I'll ever forgive the first ending. I was enjoying the story so much till then, in a bubble of happiness, and then you popped it and made everything seem so bleak and depressing. Beautifully written, I just wish I'd never read the death scene.
alicia chapter 20 . 3/19/2010
it is not the typical end of a pride and prejudice story, really, but it is interesting and very sad, i have cried. but i think that is a great story, great job. sorry for my english, i'm spanish
alicia chapter 12 . 3/19/2010
wow, what a change in the story! but very interesting. and the scene between wickham and lizzy, one of the best. great story, i cant stop reading it. thanks.
The-Rainbow-of-Imagination chapter 21 . 3/1/2010
this is an awsome story. i like the alternate endning better but probably cuz im a sucker for happy endings P Good job )
alice-in-vunderland chapter 21 . 10/21/2009
Wow. Really wow. To be honest, I didn't think anything particular of the story intially. But as I read the ending, I became truly impressed. I really like what you did with the plot line. Although highly unconventional, I think that it was yes, INTERESTING, but also thought-provoking. You have created a different Darcy, perhaps a little more fragile, yet it makes him seem all the more compelling. Truly, a lovely story, although it DOES make me sad when there's not a happy ending. Ah well...
HawkAngel XD chapter 21 . 7/26/2009
lovely, absolutely lovely!

HawkAngel
Elizabeth chapter 20 . 2/6/2009
I don't think I'll ever forgive you for letting Darcy die. You got this truly magnificent story and you let the hero die? And it's Darcy. I read this a year back and I still remember it, so I just had to make a coment.
Saphfire chapter 21 . 12/7/2008
Loved your story. Even the first ending- very interesting, I don't think I'd ever have come up with something like that. Bravissimo!

Thanks for the alternative ending though- I'm a die-hard Darcy and Elizabeth fan, it was nice to see them get their happy ending.

I really enjoyed your writting style. It was really engaging. Thank you.
Alicia chapter 21 . 11/20/2008
I enjoyed reading both the endings, but the first ending suited the story better. The ending was truly not what I had anticipated. I doubt anybody would write Darcy dying, let alone commit suicide! I loved your story, but it is sad that Darcy dies but I don't think a story can have two endings. Also, I think the first ending is your original one... Anyway, I don't think I made myself clear, but never mind! Good luck in your future stories!
funkygirl148 chapter 21 . 11/11/2008
Tears. All I can say is tears. My heart shattered when Darcy died. Amazing story! I have read plenty of Jane Austen and this one has affected me the most! Please keep writing!

Shannon Stay funky!
Dancing on the Edge chapter 21 . 11/9/2008
My goodness, this was certainly an excellent story, I love the passion of the characters, and how realistic you made them. It is difficult to give classic well loved characters flaws, especially characters like Mr Darcy and Elizabeth. I was sincerely overjoyed when Lizzy broke off her engagement with Mr Collins. I loved how the acting peices served as forshadowing for the rest of the story.

As a result of said forshadowing I was not at all surprised when Darcy died in your original ending. It was truly tragic, but also fitting with your characterization of Darcy, I could not quite believe how he didn't respond to Elizabeth's entreaty's, but he was angry and unhappy, he had given up hope of her ever loving him back and made extensive plans about the theater and ending his own life both. I most certainly am a happy endings person, so I naturally like the second ending better. It was far more upbeat and had a very sweet outcome.

Frankly I think that the perfect ending for this story would have been the combination of the two endings, with the first ending being prominent until the aftermath of the kiss, at which point Elizabeth's pleas would have been heard and the second ending would have commenced, including the butt kicking of Lady Catherine de Bourgue... and yes she is truly deserving of the full pompous title whenever her name is mentioned.

By the way I'm big into confrontations so the Lady Catherine de Bourgue thing really made this last chapter for me, and Darcy and Elizabeth's arguments in the beginning were truly the hooks that really got me started on this story, which I read in one sitting. I also enjoy romantic fluff, so I think that after the intensity of the entire story the adorable-ness of the last couple of paragraphs of the second ending made the story a lasting and unbeatable triumph. Congradulations.

I look forward to reading more of your work... on a different day. It's past my bedtime, it is a school night after all. Wow. Did I really just use up over 20 characters? This is definately the longest review I've ever written, hopefully you will take the time to actually read all of it. Again, congradulations on a story well written.
Dancing on the Edge chapter 12 . 11/9/2008
I'm sorry WHAT! What was that last thing she said... I'm quite sure I couldn't have heard (read, whatever) right. What! What! What! Underlined ten trillion times WHAT! good (excellent, amazing, epic, I'm running out of adjectives...) story so far... I was going to wait until the end to review, but this was such a shocking development that I had to review and let you know my thoughts on it. I'm going to go and finish the story now.
serpentine-f chapter 21 . 9/2/2008
I'll just imagine that Chapter 20 didn't exist. If it didn't, then this would be my favourite fanfic. As it is, it's now my second favourite, the first being 'Lily Evans James Potter FanFiction: A HowTo Guide' in which didn't seem like the author even HAD any thought of giving a sad ending! But, whatever! Love it.
Agent of the Apothecary chapter 21 . 8/8/2008
I just . . . wow. (You might want to sit down, this is going to be pretty long)

I have to admit that, at first, I wasn't going to read this. Mostly because I can be a bit of an unreasonable bitch when it comes to grammar, and there were a few unnecessary commas and ellipses and sentences that I had to reread in the first chapter, and they threw me off. But I told myself that I had to stop being so anal about things like that - especially with a plot like this stretching out before me.

So I read. And read. And read. And now, a liter of Diet Coke, half a solid chocolate bunny rabbit, and bowl of pasta later, I am so happy that I did.

Well, I don't know if 'happy' is precisely the right word.

Truthfully, I'm like Darcy. I like happy endings. Reading the author's note at the beginning of chapter 20, I almost didn't continue. But I told myself that I owed it to you, and to the plot, to read the original ending. So I read it.

And was completely blown away; bawled my eyes out, in reality. Then I suffered a reversal of emotion: now I didn't want to read the alternate ending. I was so certain that nothing different could properly finish the story. But, once again, I continued.

Now I find myself torn: between the utter perfection and horrible sadness of the first ending, or the happiness and completeness that comes from the second. I think you managed what I've always considered the impossible: created two finishes, both equally fitting, to a story. Personally - in a reversal of fortune, my friends would tell you - I prefer the first. But the second is viable.

So I have to congratulate you on that. On creating Elizabeth Bennett and Fitzwilliam Darcy, just as infallible and lovable as they were in the novel, but simply in a different way.

Thank you.