Reviews for Directors Cut
m chapter 6 . 6/5/2012
Nice love it
kchapmanprovo chapter 21 . 3/3/2012
Very enjoyable story. Since I am a hopeless romantic, I definitely prefer the second ending! Fine job!
ppl chapter 20 . 10/9/2011
I'm a sucker for happy endings, just as Darcy said he was. But Lizzy was right, they don't always have to be happy endings.

And 'Director's Cut' ended just the way it was supposed to end.

I loved your story. And though I think you should have made it even longer, it was still perfect the way it was.

I'm off to read the alternative ending now. Cheers!

Loved it chapter 21 . 9/21/2011
It was brilliant! though I agree that at times the terminology was a bit confusing in context with the time frame, but it was amazing, especially the original ending! I don't think you could have chosen a better way to end it- especially going against the cliched happily ever after that normally followsthis pairing. It was beautiful, and though Pride & Prejudice is one of my favorite books, I could not imagine a more perfect ending to your story. )
serendipitiness chapter 21 . 3/17/2011
I think I share similar sentiments about your "sad" ending as other readers, but that's no reason to be so angry about it! As a writer, I think you made a really daring choice and while I was a little mortified to see Darcy die (and am still a bit shell shocked), your writing was beautiful.

Won't lie, definitely liked the alternate ending better(:
AndromedaAiken chapter 21 . 3/17/2011
That was entirely lovely! Please write an epilogue! Where they arrived late to the premiere and the success of their movie! ;)
KL93 chapter 21 . 1/1/2011
sappy endings are my favorite. :)
frogedog chapter 20 . 11/26/2010
That was a very unexpected way to end it. I am kind of ambivalent towards it, but certainly not indifferent. I feel like it would have been better if you had developed his depression a bit more, so that it wasn't so... random.
wtf not rash sorry chapter 8 . 11/23/2010
why do you write like that? isnt a modern take of the story? I mean dont get me wrong but did you really write "private chamber"? are you serious! Please lighten and bring us back to the present because people came here for a modern take!

I'm sorry for being so rash but every now and then someone will remind you that you gotta get your head out of the door to the past and move forward to the present. I'm sorry for sounding angry but it is true.
tracylynne chapter 21 . 8/5/2010
This is a great ending; unfortunately the story was ruined for me by the previous... I cannot be happy after reading something so horrifically and utterly depressing as that. Neither, can I forgive it. Wonderful story until then... unfortunately, I wish I had never read this for it has completely devasted and saddened me. I, likewise, would not recommend it to anyone.

It would be much more enjoyable if chaper 21 preceded chapter 20...
PP-Fan chapter 20 . 8/5/2010
I am utterly disappointed with this chapter... :(
Lady Blooddrop chapter 21 . 8/3/2010
I loved it. I'm glad you did the alternative ending but the first, while sad, had truth to it, and showed something most writers wouldn't think of. Good Job.

~Lady Blooddrop.
senghennydd chapter 21 . 6/1/2010
I don't think I'll ever forgive the first ending. I was enjoying the story so much till then, in a bubble of happiness, and then you popped it and made everything seem so bleak and depressing. Beautifully written, I just wish I'd never read the death scene.
alicia chapter 20 . 3/19/2010
it is not the typical end of a pride and prejudice story, really, but it is interesting and very sad, i have cried. but i think that is a great story, great job. sorry for my english, i'm spanish
alicia chapter 12 . 3/19/2010
wow, what a change in the story! but very interesting. and the scene between wickham and lizzy, one of the best. great story, i cant stop reading it. thanks.
331 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »