Reviews for Directors Cut
frogedog chapter 20 . 11/26/2010
That was a very unexpected way to end it. I am kind of ambivalent towards it, but certainly not indifferent. I feel like it would have been better if you had developed his depression a bit more, so that it wasn't so... random.
wtf not rash sorry chapter 8 . 11/23/2010
why do you write like that? isnt a modern take of the story? I mean dont get me wrong but did you really write "private chamber"? are you serious! Please lighten and bring us back to the present because people came here for a modern take!

I'm sorry for being so rash but every now and then someone will remind you that you gotta get your head out of the door to the past and move forward to the present. I'm sorry for sounding angry but it is true.
tracylynne chapter 21 . 8/5/2010
This is a great ending; unfortunately the story was ruined for me by the previous... I cannot be happy after reading something so horrifically and utterly depressing as that. Neither, can I forgive it. Wonderful story until then... unfortunately, I wish I had never read this for it has completely devasted and saddened me. I, likewise, would not recommend it to anyone.

It would be much more enjoyable if chaper 21 preceded chapter 20...
PP-Fan chapter 20 . 8/5/2010
I am utterly disappointed with this chapter... :(
Lady Blooddrop chapter 21 . 8/3/2010
I loved it. I'm glad you did the alternative ending but the first, while sad, had truth to it, and showed something most writers wouldn't think of. Good Job.

~Lady Blooddrop.
senghennydd chapter 21 . 6/1/2010
I don't think I'll ever forgive the first ending. I was enjoying the story so much till then, in a bubble of happiness, and then you popped it and made everything seem so bleak and depressing. Beautifully written, I just wish I'd never read the death scene.
alicia chapter 20 . 3/19/2010
it is not the typical end of a pride and prejudice story, really, but it is interesting and very sad, i have cried. but i think that is a great story, great job. sorry for my english, i'm spanish
alicia chapter 12 . 3/19/2010
wow, what a change in the story! but very interesting. and the scene between wickham and lizzy, one of the best. great story, i cant stop reading it. thanks.
The-Rainbow-of-Imagination chapter 21 . 3/1/2010
this is an awsome story. i like the alternate endning better but probably cuz im a sucker for happy endings P Good job )
alice-in-vunderland chapter 21 . 10/21/2009
Wow. Really wow. To be honest, I didn't think anything particular of the story intially. But as I read the ending, I became truly impressed. I really like what you did with the plot line. Although highly unconventional, I think that it was yes, INTERESTING, but also thought-provoking. You have created a different Darcy, perhaps a little more fragile, yet it makes him seem all the more compelling. Truly, a lovely story, although it DOES make me sad when there's not a happy ending. Ah well...
HawkAngel XD chapter 21 . 7/26/2009
lovely, absolutely lovely!

HawkAngel
Elizabeth chapter 20 . 2/6/2009
I don't think I'll ever forgive you for letting Darcy die. You got this truly magnificent story and you let the hero die? And it's Darcy. I read this a year back and I still remember it, so I just had to make a coment.
Saphfire chapter 21 . 12/7/2008
Loved your story. Even the first ending- very interesting, I don't think I'd ever have come up with something like that. Bravissimo!

Thanks for the alternative ending though- I'm a die-hard Darcy and Elizabeth fan, it was nice to see them get their happy ending.

I really enjoyed your writting style. It was really engaging. Thank you.
Alicia chapter 21 . 11/20/2008
I enjoyed reading both the endings, but the first ending suited the story better. The ending was truly not what I had anticipated. I doubt anybody would write Darcy dying, let alone commit suicide! I loved your story, but it is sad that Darcy dies but I don't think a story can have two endings. Also, I think the first ending is your original one... Anyway, I don't think I made myself clear, but never mind! Good luck in your future stories!
funkygirl148 chapter 21 . 11/11/2008
Tears. All I can say is tears. My heart shattered when Darcy died. Amazing story! I have read plenty of Jane Austen and this one has affected me the most! Please keep writing!

Shannon~ Stay funky!