Reviews for Directors Cut
Sarah chapter 21 . 8/18/2007
I like the Alternative Ending SO much better :) then again, I'm a sucker for happy endings
obsessed668 chapter 21 . 8/4/2007
oh my god. i love this story! so good! the first ending was so sad and the second was so cute! they were both really good!
luckyloser07 chapter 21 . 7/7/2007
Now I have read alot of modern P&P's (there's too many to count) and I must admit, you are a very talented writer. And the fact that you are brave enough to kill off Darcy in the worst and most depressing way...that takes guts. Though I loved the second better cuz it ended happily and the lovers were able to be together, I thought the first ending was beautifully done...the only thing is that if Darcy were to die at all I wish he could have been murdered or died in some other tragic way that has nothing to do with him taking his own life...its too much like a coward's way out
Adele RK Wolfe chapter 20 . 5/27/2007
holy crap... this is such a great ending but so depressing. i was crying my eyes out when darcy commited 's a depressing twist. but much kudos for you on doing it. i loved it. and i hope the alternate ending is just as good.
0Life-is-a-Song0 chapter 21 . 5/26/2007
not to be all lovey dovey cliche but i like the alternate ending, just because i think it fits him more than the suicide. I think that his duty to his sister is something that would sustain him in the very least, and would have kept him alive, just so she didnt suffer like he did. i get why you did the suicide, but the alternate is much better. other than that (im sure you dont like me ripping into ur ending like that) i really loved it!especially the tango! that was just totally awesome! major kudo points for this story, its the first one that ever made me get teary eyes.
Aislinn Cailin chapter 20 . 4/15/2007
Oh my god ... I feel like crying.

This is absolutely beautiful
Ozlem chapter 1 . 3/13/2007
I have read some modern P&P and yours is one of the best I have read. I have enjoyed your writing and the story and both endings I like and think probable. About the first tragic ending, as the story progresses we see a depressed Darcy and he refuses to take medication for this illness so I believe he migth have some suicidal tendencies as the pressure grows and Lizzie's love and gratitude! can not save his life. However as I love happy endings as much as the next person the second ending is more satisfactory for my romantic side. And as I was reading your alternate ending I thought the first ending might be more convincing till the part Darcy says to Lizzie ‘You see, if you hadn’t come after me that night at the dinner and told me how you really felt, I don’t think I’d be here today.’ and I decided that both endings are very well written and beatiful in their own way.

Also I liked the alterations like Mr. Collins being a historian rather than Bennets's cousin and Darcy's aunt mean behaviour to his nephew the result of her greed for the theatre and her jealosy.

So congratulations I really really liked the story and took great pleasure in reading it.
Subservient Revolutionary chapter 20 . 2/3/2007
I hope there aren't too many typos in this review, I have to admit that my hands are shaking rather badly. I also have to admit that this is the first piece of work on this site, which has been a favourite of mine since it opened, to reduce me to such a, well, pathetic state. My roomate must think I've lost my mind, as I am streaming tears and trembling like a leaf while staring at nothing more than a white, print covered screen, but I could not help but to be so moved by your work. The way you tapped into the raw emotions of the scene and the caracters is nothing short of overwhelming. Coupled with your grasp of language, you demand complete control of the reader's, of my, senses. You have the power of oberservation and understanding paired with the knowledge of how to control those observations, to see what others never thought to see and turn it into something magnificent. You have the makings of a great writer. Brava, brava.
O.O chapter 21 . 1/28/2007
You'll have to excuse me if I don't accept the first ending. The story itself is good...but...a world without Darcy is no world at all (in my opinion anyway).
moneymakestheworldgoround chapter 21 . 1/28/2007
no offence, but i like this - the alternative ending - much more than the real ending.

call me a sap for romantic happy endings, but i personally don't really get the point of a story if it ends in misery.
moneymakestheworldgoround chapter 12 . 1/28/2007
... WHAT THE HELL!

MARRYING MR COLLINS!
moneymakestheworldgoround chapter 10 . 1/28/2007
*wince.

ouch. that was a cruel blow.
moneymakestheworldgoround chapter 1 . 1/28/2007
lotsa drama already. nice!
LoKi-iNsPiReD chapter 21 . 12/30/2006
It's been far too long since I've read an Austen fanfic as enjoyable as this. I loved the idea of it and your writing did it justice, plus some. I read it all straight through in one sitting, I just couldn't pull my eyes away. Your characters were refreshingly different from the canon, just as you noted yourself about Darcy, but it still felt totally real to me. You brought out parts of my own personal Darcy that I think were locked away somewhere.

I read your note about an unconventional ending, but I read on regardless. Tears, yes. So I continued to read the alternate. But it just didn't feel right to me. It only seemed to enhance how perfect the tragic ending was. I wouldn't have it end any other way. I just felt I needed to congratulate you. You've opened the eyes of a fluff fanatic like myself to the perfection of a tragic end. Thank you.
Rin chapter 1 . 12/25/2006
It was a good fic the only thing that I sugest you do is put it under the Tragedy catigory, but it was good any way.
321 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »