Reviews for Directors Cut
IcelandGirl812 chapter 12 . 7/29/2008
WHAT? WHAT? Lizzy and Mr. Collins?
IcelandGirl812 chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
I love this whole idea! It's great! Did you make up the book the movie's based on? I've never heard of it, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist though. There's plenty of books I've never heard of...The only thing I don't like is the quotes you use. (") are much easier to see compared to ('). But this is so great, I'm definitely going to try and get over that!
Elelith chapter 1 . 7/24/2008
nice...
archiveidiotjello chapter 20 . 6/24/2008
I have just finished reading all 21 chpaters of this story-including the alternitave ending. I hade to confess, I think I prefer the original ending better. You have portrayed the characters so realisticly and harshly...there is no way this story could've have any other ending...Darcy couldn't have gotten over his depression that easily. But while I respect your story and your writing, and I was intrigued by it every step of the way, I was dissatisfied at the ending. It justs seems natural anything remotely related to Jane Austen sould have a happy ending. Though I do think your story is still beautiful and orginal...

Oh, God. I should just go to bed and stop contradicting myself. Hopefully you'll catch a general gist of what I'm saying.
thesleepyheads chapter 20 . 6/9/2008
Holy fuck...

I won't say I'm disappointed, but it was amazingly sad. You have a spectacular writing style, and I won't be able to get this story out of my head for a long time. Which, in a perverse way, is both a good thing and a bad thing.

I shocked myself by not crying. Seeing Lizzy and Darcy portrayed so coldly and realistically made me think. Jane Austen's novel may well have been critiqued by many as being frivolous and light, but I never minded because I thought that the two main characters deserved a happy ending.

Not everything in the world turns out badly. And while I feel the 'realism' of this story reaches an almost melodramatic peak, my only regret about reading this story is that I will now be up much later than I had intended reading a fanfic that won't give me nightmares, or dreams of my friends dying. Lord knows I've had enough of those to last a lifetime.

You have real talent, and I truly enjoyed this story.
sandstar08 chapter 21 . 4/19/2008
this is the first Austen fanfic I've ever read, and it was a blast!

I love how you managed to modernize the characters but at the same time maintained the tricky balance with keeping them essentially the same.

while I - like Darcy - vastly prefer the happy endings, I thought the original ending was much more powerful and moving.

Bravo! Well done!
Pinery chapter 21 . 4/15/2008
awesome story! l love it, though the first ending is really sad...
awesomefairyfire chapter 6 . 12/22/2007
i must ask you, why is it that the voices of the characters always fade away when finished speaking, instead of ending in a period? it aggravates me, to say the least, though your writing skills hold me captivated, and, if "Pride and Prejudice" was not an exsisting book, i'm quite sure your story would be published within days of the publisher's reading of it! yay for you!
Hazel Maraa chapter 21 . 12/10/2007
Mate, I like a sad ending just as much as the next person, but damn do I prefer the alternative ending! P

Yay for happy endings. -scowl/eyetwitch- I do have to admit to being a little bit...disappointed, I think, to Darcy killing himself. Wow that sentence sounded surreal. O_o. Anyways! Great story;; I loved it. ]]

Cheers!

~Hazel*
klutz.for.life chapter 21 . 12/9/2007
WOW, I liked the alternative ending better...I'm a sucker for a happy ending. Congrats! Loved it!

Kisses,

Carolina
Sarah chapter 21 . 8/18/2007
I like the Alternative Ending SO much better :) then again, I'm a sucker for happy endings
obsessed668 chapter 21 . 8/4/2007
oh my god. i love this story! so good! the first ending was so sad and the second was so cute! they were both really good!
luckyloser07 chapter 21 . 7/7/2007
Now I have read alot of modern P&P's (there's too many to count) and I must admit, you are a very talented writer. And the fact that you are brave enough to kill off Darcy in the worst and most depressing way...that takes guts. Though I loved the second better cuz it ended happily and the lovers were able to be together, I thought the first ending was beautifully done...the only thing is that if Darcy were to die at all I wish he could have been murdered or died in some other tragic way that has nothing to do with him taking his own life...its too much like a coward's way out
Adele RK Wolfe chapter 20 . 5/27/2007
holy crap... this is such a great ending but so depressing. i was crying my eyes out when darcy commited 's a depressing twist. but much kudos for you on doing it. i loved it. and i hope the alternate ending is just as good.
0Life-is-a-Song0 chapter 21 . 5/26/2007
not to be all lovey dovey cliche but i like the alternate ending, just because i think it fits him more than the suicide. I think that his duty to his sister is something that would sustain him in the very least, and would have kept him alive, just so she didnt suffer like he did. i get why you did the suicide, but the alternate is much better. other than that (im sure you dont like me ripping into ur ending like that) i really loved it!especially the tango! that was just totally awesome! major kudo points for this story, its the first one that ever made me get teary eyes.
331 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »