Reviews for Elven Braids
iiiionly chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
And a lovely bit of Aragorn angst it was to be sure! These have been the prefect lenght fictlets to while away an afternoon! I've thoroughly enjoyed my time spent here paging through these stories.

A great tie-in here, to the twins, without ever naming them in the story itself. I've been wandering through your favorites list too, and found we have a number of favorite stories in common.

I most go do chores I've been avoiding, but wanted to also say thanks VERY much for adding a rec for Breath of an Elf to your profile page!

tanis
sidjack chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
What a great story. I would love to read a second chapter.

So much in so few words.

Excellent job.

sidh
ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
A great story. Very well written.
Jennifer Wilkinson chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
okkayy
LibbyL chapter 1 . 9/24/2010
SEQUEL SEQUEL SEQUEL SEQUEL

please
TheRandomScribbler chapter 1 . 1/14/2008
Oh, this is quite lovely. I like how to-the-point it is. It adds an element of...mystery, and finality, to the story. Very well done!
CodenameConundrum22 chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
i loved your story! 'twas very good!
iccle fairy chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
I can't believe you have only written one chapter for this story. this is a really great start! I would love to read more of this story. amazing what one word can conjure! like I said, I think that this would be a great story, and from this short piece, I can tell i really like you're writing style!
Raksha The Demon chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
I am almost sorry for the orcs here - they were caught so completely by surprise; thinking they were about to enjoy some sport with their captive, and instead getting not one, but two, real and doubtless very angry and lethal Elves.

And Aragorn got to keep his hair!

A good yarn about an unpleasant encounter.

PS - Thanx for recommending my story.
ReviewsGalore chapter 1 . 3/13/2007
Story: 9.25/10. Nice, original idea for a story and unlike many shorter stories, this one can actually be adequately covered in the words that you have given it.

Characters: 7/10. It was hard to tell in such a short story, but Aragorn struck me as a bit off, though I've certainly seen much worse characterizations of him. He seemed ... well, overly angsty in a slightly girly way. Your characters did seem very real, however.

Creativity: 9.5/10. I've found that challenge prompts sometimes make the most creative stories. You utilize a fairly original idea while still making the story feel plausible.

Writing: 8.75/10. A few lines near the beginning struck me as purple prosey, but your writing is quite good in general.

Believability: 8.5/10. I find the premise and the events of the story very believable, though I think Aragorn could be presented better.

Overall: 8.5/10. This was a nicely presented, smooth flowing story. Your problems (at least as I see it) with characterization strike me as the type that a person who is either too close to the character or too into the fandom would have.
Prieda Solo chapter 1 . 2/6/2007
Wow, this is really well written. Especially gicen that you were only given the word 'hair' to start with. I like your Aragorn stories, you have got his character written very well, and the orks are believable as well.
Jessi Tsuki chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
Yay. XD
Asher Elric chapter 1 . 12/28/2006
This was very good and enteraining. Thank you for writing it.
insignia chapter 1 . 10/20/2006
Enjoyed reading this -and also your very long author profile! (I shall be following up your reading tips, and you can see that I am taking your advice about providing feedback for authors, although I have done my share, and on other sites too.)

In this story I liked your description of the orc, and I wished it had continued to tell us who rescued Aragorn and how he was in fact received in Imladris, although I know you were facing a word limit!
Oshun chapter 1 . 10/10/2006
I also love the idea that he wore elven braids when he was young and going home to visit family. Very nice little story that ended right-I couldn't stand the thought it would get any worse than it did! Good creative choice there. However, I am now completely besotted with the idea of the "sound of an elven war cry"-would love to hear that. Gonna review this one for MEFA-saw it had been nominated.

Oshun