Reviews for Searching for Sanctuary
N'Weaver chapter 89 . 7/23/2013
I...I'm reviewing this fabulous piece of work right after reading about 89 chapters of awesome-epicness and I'm clearly stunned off my rocker, figuratively speaking of course. In fact, I don't even understand why this story didn't accumulate more reviews! It doesn't make sense! If I was completely free of time and not worried that I might look like a psycho-obsessive freak to you, wonderful writer, for reviewing every chapter thus far, accounting to new 89 reviews to bump up this story to where it should be on the high, top ten list, then I would gladly do the honors. And plus, I would have redone it all as a guest reviewer too! :) See where that lands ya, huh? I'm just saddened that its over, completely, without a doubt, over. And I must say, you managed to weave an ending so peculiar, fulfilling and satisfying to my hunger for a fitting ending to this magnificent, highly original piece of work, that I feel whole. As Kaiyou would say, I feel whole. Thank you very much for writing this story! Its safe to say that you are not aware of how you've kept the darkness away from all our hearts with your story, and gave way to a new profound love for your OC character. Makes me wish sometimes she was real, and that your alternate universe was canon and alive, breathing, keeping us on our toes... Makes me wish...
Katara chapter 89 . 1/6/2011
I just finished reading through this whole fanfic and I have to say...you are very talented. The plot and characters were worked out wonderfully, you did a great job fitting everything together so that it all worked out. I loved your little plot twist where Gary takes Kaiyou back to earth. I totally didn't see that one coming. For two years of work you did one heck of a job. Too bad this isn't publishable 'cause it would make one heck of a good book ;)

Keep writing. Stay strong.

Katara.
Ryuus2 chapter 89 . 4/19/2010
You are awesome! I loved this story and look orward to raiding your profile for great pics an more incredible literary achievements.

Keep up the good work!
Ic3Yuki chapter 40 . 12/19/2009
The most confusing story I've ever read...and it's really angsty. I hope Kaiyou is happy in the end. She went through so much that she didn't deserve. No one deserves to be blamed all the time for something they didn't do...cause they didn't do it. Gary pisses me off. The kitten thing was horrible and I can't believe how easily he can kill someone for example that little girl. She shouldn't have died...she was just an innocent passerby...and it was just to make Sora hurt...he's a damn bastard.
NeverGoodbyeRoxas chapter 2 . 11/23/2009
I know it's too late to review your story since it's already completed, but I still wanted to since I was surprised. The angst warning had me a little hesitant about reading the fic, but I'm glad I did. It seems interesting. I am so confused about the girl's identity, but it's something enticing and I'm looking forward to finding out about this character.

So yeah...just wanted to say that you wrote a nice introduction to this story.
Claamchowder chapter 89 . 5/25/2009
AH! IT TOOK ME THREE DAYS, BUT I FINALLY FINISHED THIS! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ahem...

Lovely story! 8D
Keura chapter 89 . 12/31/2008
wow this is wonderful! though i blame you for my lack of sleep cuz this story was too interresting that i wanted to finish reading it! you better have made a sequel or else!
Keura chapter 38 . 12/29/2008
OK...this became more confusing than ever, but it also became more interesting! even though its still confusing.
Keura chapter 5 . 12/29/2008
hm...this is getting interresting and less confusing, or more confusing? i'm confused now lol
Hinalilly chapter 89 . 12/4/2008
End of Credits Bonus material, LOL. (Did you think I'd skip the author's note? Please. You know me better than that! X3) Sounds like a movie's alternate ending XD Nice one, there :D

Hm, there's not much I can say. Other than I loved the (open) ending and I really want a sequel (and, even though I don't know how much your plans have or have not changed, I'm catching up on Xenosaga _)

So maybe I'll just make a review of the story in general.

The Plot is inmensely interesting, mysterious from start to finish, and amazingly, you managed to keep questions unanswered... even in the final chapter! Unbelivable XD Your writing style is amazing, you can write such deep things and yet it's so easy to read. You can project your character's feelings so easily, almost as if you adapt to them depending on who you write, everything is just so in-character that I could swear some expressions or quotes are canon! (are you sure it's not a self insert? You are the amplifier! XD) And your descriptions... your battle scenes! You know I'm a big fan of those. I can picture every motion clearly in my head, reading SfS was like watching a humongously long cutscene. I wounldn't say a movie, because your characters move swiftly and gently, like KH characters do (even when there's bloodshed involved X3) I never thought I'd ever find anything where Disney and bloodshed went hand in hand so naturally. It's infinitely amusing.

Just to make it simple, SfS is ADDCTIVE. Forget I love KH. It's such a good story it stands on it's own.

Has this story really been around for two years? Wow. Time flies! I can't even begin to tell you how much it has influenced MY life. For one, it deprived me of sleep many times XDD I couldn't help but stay up in bed thinking about the last chapter I'd read and what was going to happen next and... Wait, I forget who I'm talking to. I can't even begin to think how much of a mess your head must have been while you were writing this! Hope that Kaiyou will not stay still in your head and bug you for a long time (at least until you've answered the new questions please XD)

Oh, and to close. No matter what you do in your life, please, never stop writing. I don't know if you're dedicated, a freaking genius, or just naturally talented, but there's something about your writing that goes beyond the words themselves, it just communicates so many feelings that I can't find the right word for it. It just... jumps out of the screen. It's only been once or twice that I've read something that's grabbed me as much as SfS did. Believe me when I say this, your words have power. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that you'll succeed in whatever it is you try to accomplish. It's only a matter of meeting someone who's open enough to let themselves get caught.

All sugar-coated words aside (never mind that you deserve the praise), congratulations on a job well done.

You did it! You finished it! *FLAILS* Congratulations!

But don't forget: you still owe me for making me fall on that "Gary in a Cheerleader Outfit" bit. ...You kinda made up for it with the whole "the whole school thinks Aros is gay and Riku is gay" bit, (I'm still laughing! XD) but the debt's not paid in full yet. Good luck with that! _
Hinalilly chapter 88 . 12/4/2008
OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD.

Amazing, simply amazing chapter. I'm slightly biased, I love your battle scenes, but THIS CHAPTER is just PERFECT on so many levels it HURTS. It's bringing tears to my eyes this very moment.

OH. MY. GOD.

I'm crying and it's not even the last chapter!

Such a fast paced, intense, emotional chapter. Such feeling! It's simply overwhelming. You should be proud.

...I guess I'd better brace myself for the grand finale.
Hinalilly chapter 87 . 12/4/2008
FANTASTIC.

This is it! The beginning of the end! *dances* I know, it's actually a, let's say, "simple" chapter compared to others, but it has so much energy and... wow. It just blew me away. I just remembered why I love this story so much. KUDOS!

Must read must read must read.
Hinalilly chapter 86 . 12/4/2008
...The new layout is nice to look at, but... not practical. At ALL.

Whoa. I've been stuck with finals and you've already finished SfS! O_O Aw, I wanted to FEEL those cliffhangers! ;_;

Hahaha, I knew it! Roxas gets his own heart! XD Happy Ending No. 1 Clear. Good _

Oh, so it was Xemnas who caused the train crash? I didn't see that coming. Kaiyou moves from one world to another when there's an Eclipse... but how did Xemnas get to her world? Maybe Nobodies can travel more easily because they're sort of in-between as well? (And you just had to get yourself a heart NOW Roxas, good work... -_-;;) And so, so, SO very nice that it's Riku who gets to open the door *grin* Cute.

The idea of the scrapbook is nice :D Just something Kairi and Olette would come up with. Too bad that a lot of the people related to Kaiyou are dead... Aw, poor girl. She'd better get her happy ending...

On to the next chapter! Yay! XD
Misaryn chapter 89 . 12/3/2008
Oh, Sora. Shaking your unconscious sister won't wake up.

Everything is shaping up to a happy, hopeful for the future end.

I like the idea of a universal organization, it helps find a lot of the characters places that they can belong in, instead of them just hanging around for no discernible reason.

I really like Kaiyou's diary entry giving us all a good summary of what eveyone's doing, and how things have gotten settled down into a normal routine for all.

And wow, it really has been two years, hasn't it? You did it!

And lol, at special end bonus material. Exactly like the did in the games, promising something new on the horizon.

Congratulations on completing Searching for Sanctuary!
Misaryn chapter 88 . 12/3/2008
A wonderfully written epic final battle. It read like I'd hope a final boss battle would go. The different forms that they had to beat down added to the suspense, and the sense of "what do they have to do to get rid of this guy, drop a nuke on him?"

But it was good that Kaiyou was the one to finish Gary off. She needed to slay her Demon, and Gary definitely has been at the center of all the bad things that have happened to her. Hopefully now there isn't enough left of him to fill a thimble.

And I'm also really happy that Kaiyou was finally able to sort out her own thoughts and her feelings and become Whole again.

And Yay for Lisha coming back, who I thought was just a one time random character.