Reviews for Scalloped Sleeves
nightowl880 chapter 1 . 10/3/2014
So. Incredible. This was awesome. I love love love Howl and Sophie, but this expressed all sorts of anxieties so well, and the language was great, and I just loved it. If I had one complaint, I'd say don't make it a one-shot! But at the same time, that's what makes it so awesome. Ugh, I don't know.
aliceacademy8 chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
Great story! I know this was written a long time ago, but if you ever get the chance, please write more HMC fics! I really like your writing style, and you keep them in character so well :).
LivforLove chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
There's really great characterization in this story. Very well put together, wonderful job. Thank you!
xPhoenix0Returnx chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
Oh, this story makes me so want to hug Sophie. And then tell her and Howl to stop being so stubborn and just... Get together already. XD; I love the little snippet from Sophie's childhood with Martha and Lettie. What she said was really perceptive and a nice way of looking at what Howl's done. Even if she didn't know him back then!

Everyone is really in character. I love Howl's lines and Sophie's as well. It's just-it fits so well, I could see this happening in the book! And, I absolutely find the routine motif great. It is very comforting to have a routine. Sort of like a purpose? Anyways, I'm ranting. I love it. It's romantic in a very realistic and different way. :D
hollybridgetpeppermint chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
Yayzez! Very sweet and good characterization! Nice job!

~hollybridgetpeppermint
xoVanilla-Bean chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
Wow. This is probably the best 'Old Sophie' story besides the book! It's so great, and you wrote her perfectly! Really, really nice job.

I loved how it flowed, and I loved how you put all of her thoughts together. Nothing was awkward, and it was smooth. :D

And the ending line was brilliant!

I hope you keep writing!
StarlessEyesForHeaven'sSake chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
it was really good.
jj-chan chapter 1 . 6/2/2007
very nice! i love your sophie voice.
anonymous chapter 1 . 4/26/2007
aww love it!
lalalalala chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
this story does not really seem to be finished, but it is a good story
anna chapter 1 . 12/22/2006
Yay! So lovely and squishy!
Fyliwion chapter 1 . 11/13/2006
Waii! XD So sophieish _ Very very awesome... lovely fic
J Luc Pitard chapter 1 . 10/24/2006
Very true to the character of Sophie. The book impressed me with its ability to convey both her point of view and how slanted and biased her interpretations were. Your story gets that across quite well.
KrisEleven chapter 1 . 10/17/2006
I like this story a lot. I really like the book, and this little slice of their lives was really true to their characters. Your writing was smooth, no awkward phrasings jumped out at me. Very nicely done. I enjoyed it alot.
Tani Barton chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
I really liked the way that you captured Sophie's feelings in this story. It really felt true to her. I also thought the other characters worked very well. Wonderful job!