Reviews for Helping Hand
L. Dora Willows chapter 11 . 5/20/2006
*wipes away tear* That was lovely.
Spice of Life chapter 9 . 5/18/2006
Aww, poor Ron! He was only trying to help, Harry, you idiot!
Daughter of Chaos chapter 9 . 5/16/2006
Ohh, hun, you saved me from an agonizing ordeal of studying the nastier effects of meningitis (Yeah, strange research topic, don't ask.) Hrm. Now then, review time! This was a fantastic and enthralling chapter. The angst was most delicious- and surprising actually! I had never quite expected Harry to feel so betrayed. All though I don't know why, I really should have. I knew he'd be royaly off on a tantrum, but... I can tell you enjoyed writing this, you had such force with the character emotions that it was an amazing thing to read. And to imagine Ron, on the floor like a wounded animal, both physically and emotionally. Oh dear, I just want to Hug him! And, so I air this in the open, I also hope he bleedin' broke something when Harry pushed him. Ah, multiple guilt trips, such glee!

This chapter was impressive especially in how well you stuck to Harry's book five emotional outbursts. That lil' bugger was like dynamite with a good ole' pity party for a match stick! Your really handled it well in all that Harry said and felt. And of course in Ron's responses. My hats off to you!

In fact, I have NO criticisms at all for this chapter! The writing was excellent and consistent. You blended the narrative and the dialog beautifully. And you've left me hoping for the next chapter and a broken Ron. (Okay, so the last is just me and my need to see Injured!Ron.)
Greenpluff chapter 9 . 5/16/2006
hye... I really like the fic, the idea is pretty cool and also made me remember how anoying was harry in that time... I love Ron hahah

see ya

bye
angel74 chapter 9 . 5/16/2006
This chapter was awesome. I was wondering how long it would be before Harry finally figured it out. Update soon!
claymade chapter 8 . 5/15/2006
And that, my friends, is what we call a "cliffhanger".

Very nice work you've got here-the setup is clever, and the character interactions are funny and believable. A very enjoyable read! Thanks for sharing it with us!
Red Bess Rackham chapter 8 . 5/15/2006
Ah, and here is where the * hits the fan, lol.

~Red Bess Rackham
Red Bess Rackham chapter 7 . 5/15/2006
Yay! You used dividers! Haha. Good chapter. I didn't find any mistakes. Did you still want me to look your chapters over?

~Red Bess Rackham
alix33 chapter 5 . 5/15/2006
What are quinquilly leaves, please?
alix33 chapter 6 . 5/15/2006
For the previous chapter: Something I forgot to put in my review, and as won't allow me to review one chapter twice - How did Harry know about the Augean stables being one of Hercules's tasks? Or did he do Greek Mythology at his muggle elementary or primary school? or did he learn in in his research during GOF? Or is there in your Potterverse (or JKR's) a subject in which he would have learnt this? Or did Hermione know this and teach or lecture him and Ron about this, so that he knows?
alix33 chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
How would Ron know what a foxtrot is? Because he certainly can't dance it, if the ball in GOF (book and movie) is anything to go by?
Daughter of Chaos chapter 8 . 5/15/2006
Ah, and another fun chapter. Small note while I'm thinking on it; at the beginning of this chapter, and the last, the story starts out as though your trying to tell it in present tense. You may want to go back in some point of the future and switch a few words about to past tense so everything fits together in fluid fashion. Ex: “His hand’s still bleeding, but the pain is gone, and for that Ron breathes a sigh of relief.” Could be, “His hand was still bleeding, but the pain was gone and for that Ron breathed a sigh of relief.” Just a suggestion, as I rather like everything in past tense relating to narrative. Thoughts are a different cup of tea though, they can happily be in present tense. (All though you may have been typing in a hurry when this was posted, I understand.)

Yup, this was good to read. I had a good deal of laughter when Marrieta walked into the Room and had Ron on edge. I really liked this line, “he rises, perhaps in the theory that it’s more dignified to die on your feet”. Actually, the whole section was good. Sending up a plea to any wizard, deity or muggle? That IS desperation! Very amusing how he finally got rid of the girl, though poor Harry and his personal reputation!

And the cliff hanger. Harry walks in on... himself? Wouldn't that be enough to send a shiver through your bones! Anyway, your story devices are still very good. And generally believable, if a tad funnier than JK herself would usually write. It felt a bit stilted this time around, but that was due more to the present tense than anything else. Like I said the story and plot motives are well thought out! In any case, I look forward to the next installment.

~DoC
Daughter of Chaos chapter 7 . 5/15/2006
Urg, many apologies as this may be a short review (I just got up and I should be going to class to study for my finals... but no _~ This is far more interesting.) Marietta. Oye, The more I hear from that girl, in book or otherwise, the more I think I'd rather be in Moaning Myrtle's exclusive company than hers. What a snitch! (And I'm not refering to the little flying golden orb!) At least, I assume that's where this is going...

My imagination was at work reading of Ron's last torturous moments; I was thinking "Hrm, did the Toad do something with a little black magic to make the 'lesson' more perminent?" Heh, Jeez, I have got to stop enjoying watching poor Ron in Pain! No no... that would eliminate alot of stories from the reading list.

Eh, yeah. Your right, it IS nice to see friendship angst fics that do not involve Draco. The fans picked that up recently in response to flling in the gaps for HBP, I know that. I also know I still think of the bugger as a ferret ever since book four. And I just have problems reconciling him any other way. Which is off topic from reviewing your story.

Go Ron torture! Erm, 'scuse me. *Ducks off to the next chapter*
Daughter of Chaos chapter 6 . 5/14/2006
Oh, yes, the hormanal palace that must be a school loaded with teenagers. Love all of the interludes with folks peeping in, and thier various chats with Ron (AkA, Harry). The regualar saves were fun. Part of me wishes that there had beena few more chunks of story in which Ron is in detention, if only for the angst value. Howevere, the story does flow well as is.

I rather hope your not done with it? I agree the two did well in not letting Harry know... but... ya know, what if? What if he did find out about thier goings on behind his back. How would he respond? Once it occured to him exactly what kind of sacrafice Ron had put forth for him, how woud he feel? I'm a sap for the angsty moments between friends.

As a useless side note, you may get more reviews if you happen to just post a chapter every other day or so. People have a chance to read it and be taken with the thought of another chapter. If the chapters are all there, folks are more inclined to just review at the end. You do deserve reviews and commentary on this story, hun! It is well with in cannon concerning characters and cricumstance.

I hope mayhap you will cosider continuing this.

~DoC
Daughter of Chaos chapter 2 . 5/14/2006
Ohh, dear sweet, Loyal Ron. (He is my HP weakness...) You know I first looked into this story for the label of angst and the hurt/care discription in the Summary. I sort of live and breathe a well written, angsty, friendship fiction. You take on Ron is wonderful, may I add. The young man is... ah, I just adore how he ignores the pain of the quill by reflecting that he is in turn saving Harry from it.

Also, your idea of how to remove Harry from Umbridge with out his obvious suspicion was quite clever. Myrtle with her evelasting crush will likely appreciate the company _

Again, your writing is smooth and easy to follow. This chapter did seem to flow better than the last, however, that may just be because it was all one perspective with snippets of first person thoughts. I prefer this method. Omnipotent third person, I suppose. Your use of the English language is delightful; it is nice to read a story that sounds as though it is written for somewhere above the sixth grade level. And you have some many more options for descriptive terms in multi-sylabic words _~

And... on to the next chapter.
174 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 Next »