Reviews for Watch For Me By Moonlight
moira hawthorne chapter 1 . 4/16
ooooooooooooooooooooooo thats sad... beautiful and soul wrenchingly sad...

and of course the poem I memorized it as a child of 7ish all on my own... I still have that book of Poems of Adventure that was my father school book decades before my birth
btw its blue aswell
nekochan1994 chapter 1 . 9/11/2014
Love Love Love Love LOVE!
nhrc chapter 1 . 6/30/2014
Wai To me & Wai my heart.
TashaRose chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
So hopeful, and then so sad yet touched with something else. Well written.
FrancesOsgood chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
And again, you have left me grasping for words. Beautifully done! You have a knack for making the reader feel everything along with the characters. You create an atmosphere of romance without silly fluff and senseless dialogue or innuendo. That's a rare find among fic writers, so Bravo!

*By the way, I've always loved "The Highwayman." I remember reciting it Anne Shirley style when I was younger.
Robin G. Fellow chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
I really enjoyed this. There's such a dreamy, romantic quality to this, but Sarah leaving was so true. She needed to. Jareth being patient and waiting was also true to his nature.
MayGirl85 chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
You write such sad and beautiful stories. One day maybe youll take pity on us poor readers and give us a happy ending.
Bella Trakiul chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
*sobs* WHY ARE YOU TORTURING ME SO? I read JS fanfiction to help me cope with the fact that they never actually were together! WHY?! but I would like to say that it was beautifully written
Bella Cuore chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
I immediately recognized the reference to "The Highwayman", one of my favorites as well. I am glad this one did not end the same.
FeyFaerie chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
I loved it, but it was pretty sad :(
animegus farmus chapter 1 . 11/22/2011
If this is what you consider unpolished and rushed, what on earth do you consider as not? I love the dreamlike quality, and the fact that Sarah remains so very human in her need to change and grow (forever 18? *shudder* far to young to make that a permanent decision). I like to chose to think that someday, however...

She is, after all, waiting.
The.Lost.Thoughts chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
There's the angst I know and love! I don't know, endings like this ring more true for me. Like Jareth and Sarah were always meant to be together, but then never really CAN be. There'll always be something in the way.

But then again I like to torture my characters so...yeah. Maybe I just get some sick pleasure out of a not so happy ending.
MaXdana chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
I felt so clever knowing that the title was a line in 'The Highwayman'. You stole my thunder. LOL.

For a oneshot, this was fantastic. Lot's of emotion was put into it. I almost cried when Sarah left Jareth, but I've thought the same thing as well - the whole change bit. I actually loved how the end left you hanging.

Also, the song 'Underground' was playing though my head as I read this because a few lyrics tie in nicely. 'No one can blame you for walking away...'

I still need to finish 'End of Days,' but you have another fic that has caught my attention, so I think I'll check it out.

Chuu~

-MaXdana
TheDayDreamingWriter chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
This is an incredibly sweet story. (I'd go so far as to say beautiful, but I'd feel silly!)

It is just amazing. I am seriously having problems finding words to describe it.

You called it 'hasty and unpolished' but I really think it couldnt have gotten much better. Great job.

:D
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
Wow, I can't even begin to tell you how amazing this story is. From beginning to end you have this enchanting, otherwordly feel about it. A story like this is what I think of when I think of a good fantasy/romance.

Your progression of Sarah and Jareth's relationship is wonderful. She doesn't automatically fall in love with him, they start out as friends. Their love slowly progresses. I like how you write that she impatiently waits for him every night.

The details of the gifts he leaves her are lovely. I especially like the stones that sing her the exotic melody. It's very enchanting. The book he leaves her is a sweet idea.

I think what I like best about this story is that they don't get together at the end. Yet it is not a sad ending. There still is that hint of hope. So many stories end with them getting married, or at least becoming a couple, so it's nice to read something different. I like that you show the complications with Sarah living an immortal life in the Labyrinth, that there are things she still wants to do beforehand. However she still loves him. And what's better is that he loves her enough to let her go.

Excellent work with this story.