Reviews for Out of this World
black rose-raven angel chapter 10 . 7/11/2011
Wow. This was a great story. I love how you incorporated the religious aspects to it. It was sweet, funny, musical, and I felt like I actually got something out of it. Bishop grew on me and God was quite humorous. This story made me feel as if I grew spiritually as well. I am looking forward to reading more of your works. And when I can, listening to Iron Maiden. It seems like you really like the group. Actually all of your musical selections seemed awesome. Loved how the band randomly popped up when needed_ This review is twice as long as I had planned to write. Cool. Peace out!
Mark chapter 3 . 9/28/2009
that wazup part was from scary movie 1 when the killer was talking to shorty. it was freaking hilarious!
darkwolf227 chapter 9 . 7/29/2009
dude! kryptonight is my most fav song! how lucky!
lar lindor chapter 10 . 11/8/2008
Dear friend:

First of all, nice taste in music. Second, "Out of the Silent Planet?" I love C. ' Sci-Fi Trilogy.

The character of Bishop? First- I don't tend to like All-Powerful, All-wise, and All-Cool persons even if they're angels. It draws away from the Titans, who are not All-Anything. Bishop can be annoying such as when he's showing off. He possesses little to no humility.

Before you can say "Lar is a big jerk. He's panning my story." No, I'm not panning the story. I may be a jerk, though. Bishop finally proves to have faults (some as big as San Andreas). This changes everything and redeems the character.

The romances? Good job. You could've given us Cy/Bee's histories. Oh well.

Did some people object to the Christian message? I've been a Christian since 19_. Oops, my can't type those numbers. They make me like old. Anyway, I appreciate the message, and it is well written.

Lar
Harry Potter Fan 1994 chapter 3 . 11/7/2007
I totally remember playing Yu-Gi-Oh duels with my brother...but he grew out of it and I forgot them...BUt that one was awesome! Haha I was cracking up!
Tjix chapter 10 . 7/11/2007
Thank you. That's all I can say. Just, thank you.
Blueyedgirl chapter 10 . 7/8/2007
NO NOT THE END! gr... well I LOVED IT! sucks that its over :D GREAT STORY!

mucho amor,

JaX
Gwen Gamgee chapter 10 . 7/4/2007
Lovely story all the way through. Like the ending with Raven haveing her child, but did Bishop need to say good-bye again? He'd already said good-bye. Ah, well, its over and done I'll leave you in peace. Amazing story, good ending. Is there anything much else to say?
Lilly69 chapter 10 . 7/4/2007
AW

I hate goodbyes...

But I luv this story!

*hugs my fav. author*
Physics Goddess chapter 10 . 7/3/2007
Hey I made a cameo! Very cool! I got to help deliver Raven's baby! Very cool! Beautifully written as always! Rock on dude! Cheers!
Jesus.Lives chapter 9 . 6/21/2007
Woo! Newsboys! I haven't caught up with the fic for a while. Good song selections. Funny. :D
The Lord Of The Words chapter 9 . 6/15/2007
Hmm, a classic way to end off a well thought out story. As a fellow music lover, I certainly can value your tuneful selections. Overall, I’m satisfied. To be slightly nitpicky (as I have a tendency to be) I had a wee bit of trouble following the dialogue, as to who was saying what, but not so much to the point where I couldn’t make heads nor tales of the transpiring events. Truthfully, I’m not religious by nature, and even saying that is an understatement, but the concept was good indeed. I am one who has appreciation for elements of the fantastic. You certainly deliver on that much.

That being said, you wonder how to end it? Should it stop right there, or should it continue on with a little epilogue, a tiny little blurb that sums up things. You asked for our opinions, so very well, you shall have mine. In terms of the details, and overall depth of what you do, that I cannot help with. As a writer, that’s your job, to create your own story. I can only offer suggestions. I personally would add an epilogue, I feel that a little sum up is good, putting the finishing touches on you creation. In terms of where you may go, I have two options for you:

1. A very short time passes, after the weddings and the departure of Bishop, when something happens? Probably bad. It may or may not require Bishop to return…perhaps hinting of some new character (Good/Bad?). It it’s not meant for you to continue with this story, but leaving open the option of writing another one, should you want to. You don’t give it a solid conclusion either. Leave it with some suspense and a bit unsatisfying. Some might see that as bad, but actually, it has a certain allure to it. If it is engaging enough, it has power over someone, making the reader wondering what went on, which only fuels their need for more. If you ever have plans for a sequel, this would be best.

2. This one could take place in the later years, perhaps after the Titan’s split up, to form their own teams, or merely to work solo (With their significant other, of course). A conclusion or rather, a revelation is revealed to them regarding their previous epic struggle, or a certain fact is discovered about Bishop. Origins or something.

Now, contrary to what I said a little ways up, I actually will leave you with a few certain somethings that I happened to come up with, that might aid you, Use them only if you feel that it is the correct direction the story should go. Nothing can screw up a narrative like a plot device that has no real rhyme or reason for being there. Albeit from me to trash out your story with my wacky antics.

In terms of the 1st idea above, perhaps some dark and sinister force comes along, with perhaps designs to break the Titan’s bonds, marital and team loyalty. No matter how deep their love, it is a law of all creation that anything that has been build can be destroyed. Easily? I doubt it, but it can be done.

Secondly, to the 2nd idea above, perhaps they might discover something about the person that Bishop felt love for, the woman you mentioned, leaving that open for a certain mysterious eye-opener, or to perhaps other ties that Bishop had on Earth. Or other worlds for that matter.

There, I hope that helps somewhat. As I said, in the end, you ultimately decide. It really depends on what you would like to do. Leave it off with a future plans, or close the cover, and give it some closure. I leave it in your capable hands.
Tjix chapter 9 . 6/14/2007
Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you. I'd been waiting eagerly for this chapter-and somehow the wait makes it all the more satisfying now that it's arrived. It was beautiful.

As for ideas, I'm thinking an epilogue where the Titans' children are listed, and where it sort of shows Bishop's contentedness with the way things turned out. I'm sorry, that's the best I can do.
Physics Goddess chapter 9 . 6/13/2007
This is probably obvious, but perhaps he could come back when the Titans have kids or something.
Physics Goddess chapter 8 . 6/13/2007
Very intense and emotional. Heartwrenching and the like. Bravo!