Reviews for Birth of a Monster
sinemoras09 chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
This was a fantastic read! Brilliantly executed, it brings to life the entire disjointed narrative of Jonah's early life. The section told from Jonah's point of view was especially chilling.

I'm adding this to my favorites. Really fantastic work!
Panzergal chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
This is beautiful. The prose, the carefully crafted words- I am in total awe of your great talent. I have read this yesterday, and I have come back again to read again, and I must admit, this is one of the best written fanfictions I have read.

A well deserved win indeed.
darkmatter chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
This is magnificent, but even then, that seems like an understatement. It's well-written, and you've captured the characters, emotions, thoughts and motivations of everyone involved superbly. You've also managed to underline the horror of it all, without being too dramatic, how the children are manipulated, and how much much more terrifying it is than the original eugenics experiment in WW2, because it's far more subtle. i really like the last bit because you've really managed to bring out the biting intensity and cruelty of it all. Your prose is excellent as well, none of it feels tedious, and the tiny reflection on naming is extremely meaningful.

Hats off, this is seriously good stuff right here.
Pencileyes chapter 1 . 12/19/2007
i really recongnise each character through what you have written, it's almazing and perfectly matching the manga's spirit till the end. thank you for this!
Allan Schnee chapter 1 . 10/12/2007
Okay, you're my new idol.

This is totally amazing.

I really loved the way you wrote it.

Mainly the end, when the mother needs to choose one of them.

You're such a really talented person.
Hailey chapter 1 . 3/7/2007
Very very interesting! ] I love the way you were able to portray the characters so nicely! I enjoyed the story very much... thanks && all hail... great entertainment! ]
R Junkie chapter 1 . 7/25/2006
Although I find myself disagreeing with your portrayal of Johan, otherwise it was a great effort to connect all the stories into one, while still portraying the humanity of the characters.

Great job.
Behold the Crazed Fiend chapter 1 . 6/8/2006
wow. just, wow. i'm SO glad to finally see a monster piece up, and thank god, it's an EXCELLENT one.

look forward to more of your work ]
yinan chapter 1 . 6/3/2006
Wow. Now this sure clears up some confusion I had, though this is only a fanfiction. Somehow, the thoughts and intentions that you weaved for the characters really fit nicely into the story, as if it had really been part of Monster. It's nicely written, though a bit too long, which puts me off a little.
pusa.is.me chapter 1 . 5/18/2006
Wow, finally, a Monster section in *does a happy dance* Interesting piece. I applaude you. You delved deep into the characters' minds and wove a neat story about the monster's birth. How Johan becoming a monster was mostly because of external factors, ones that he had no control of. I especially like his little part about the killings. Very interesting indeed. :D
Roxane1 chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
It's like a dream come true... No, wait it IS a dream come true ! There is a Monster section on ! there is a Monster fic in it !

Yeah, well, moving oon... This was real great. The way you pictured the events is so precise, your characters sound so authentic that I can't convince myself that all this didn't *actually* happen. I especially liked Johan's and his mother's bits.

Wouldn't you be writing another one, by any chance ?
Not-writing-fanfic-Anymore88 chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
OMG OMG OH MY GOD !

The fist "Monster" fic !

It's a miracle !

Congratulations ! And it's a gorgeous fic ! REALLY ! I LOVE IT !

An other ? Please ? รดรด
umeko chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
Wow, this is very beautifully written. A deserving winner. I especially liked the insight into that scene where the mother was forced to choose between her two children. Nice analytical streak there even when she's been forced to the wall literally. Poppe's inner turmoil is also very well fleshed out.
WintersWillow chapter 1 . 5/9/2006
i didn't read the whole thing, but for what I did read, its pretty good.