Reviews for My Best Friend
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 6/29/2013
I like this story. It is really good. If I had to chose between God and a friend, I would chose God no matter how long I've known this friend or how close this friend is. God has done more for me than anybody else, and I would lose more if I lost my relationship with God than I would if I lost my relationship with anybody. (Romance is not the only kind of relationship to anybody who reads this review.) My relationship with God is special to me, and I won't let anybody take it away from me.
HamanoAyumu303 chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
Very beautiful.
Hatake Sienna chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
I liked it and it made me feel all worm and fuzzy inside -

Ja ne!

Seyann /-
Phantom's Angel of Light chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
I really love this story! Its very good and cute. I like stories when Jesus is in them b/c I can almost picture what it would be like if I saw him face to face.
Whatchuknowbouts chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
so good and i worry that the same thing is haoppeneing between me and one of my best friends so this really speaks to me
nahnahnah chapter 1 . 2/18/2007
Very cool! Very nicely written, and I absolutely love the part where she realizes that it was 'Him' who she was talking to.

However, if you were to ask me that question 'Is being a Christian worth losing your best friend?' I'd have to say no, it's not.

But I still love this one-shot.
BlindSeer220 chapter 1 . 11/20/2006
Wow...this is amazing. I love the part that she realizes that it is Him. I love it. )
young wiccan chapter 1 . 8/28/2006
Heya Beth-chan, long time, no talk.

lol, I'd normally never look at stories in this section, but the summary for this jumped out at me when I was going throuygh your profile. Although I'm not Christian myself, I find this really interesting because I wouldn't expect something like this to happen to somebody who is Christian. I mean, studying wicca, you have to be careful, so as to avoid this type of thing, but to think that it happens to Christians too, wow.

Anyways, good job, and what were those scars supposed to symbolise?

Also, just to tell you, I've lost you as a contact because MSN decided to delete my account for some reason and I had to create a new one. my new address is lol, the only thing different is that extra underscore
eustacia chapter 1 . 8/18/2006
Paprika012345, yah i got your message. my neighbour, sister and i started this site um.. last year i think for fun. now, i'm the main one working on it. i put in a blog page and most my ramblings are on christianity. i came onto fanfic, and saw so many beautiful, fablulous ect , poems stories, that i wanted to put them on my site. i didn't want to take anything from anyone without permission so i asked. check out my site please.

god bless you.

eustacia.
Some constructive criticism chapter 1 . 6/17/2006
I'm a little confused about the "becoming a Christian over the weekend" part. While some people do have a single moment of revelation that they can pinpoint as the time when they embraced the religion they've converted to in their heart, for most it's a gradual process, whatever the religion.

So if you revise this, I'd recommend indicating that the narrators conversion wasn't just a snap decision over the weekend, but rather that that weekend she took an important step (joining a church, being baptised, etc) that was the culmination of a longer spiritual journey. That will make it more believable, and also make it clear that she didn't just convert as part of some fad.

I also recommend you humanize the former best friend a bit more. As it stands, she just seems to be a vehicle for a "oh noes I am persecuted for my beliefs" sort of set-up. (This distracts from your story, since it makes some readers inclined to dismiss it as "oh, this is just another case of conservative Christians and their persecution complex"). It would help if you hinted at her emotional motivation - is her reaction backlash because she's been on the recieving end of religious persecution from Christians herself, or because she's only seen the Pat Robertsons, Jerry Fallwells, and Fred Phelpses? Or is she just as intolerant of other religions as Pat Robertson, et al, are?
Mrs. A. Hamilton chapter 1 . 5/23/2006
You have composed a piece with simplicity and without pretense, and have thus created something quite good. You have delineated a story, which, perhaps, most Christians, have experienced.

I do believe, however, that losing a friend for Christ really isn't losing much. Consider the apostles-not only did they forsake their families, their homes, they lost their reputations, their careers, their living, their security, their comfort, and some their very life. We should, I think, like Paul, count everything as rubbish in comparison to the surpassing worth of knowing Christ. And Christ gave up His all.

Of course, no Christian will atain perfection; after all, we are God's workmanship. Christianity produces nothing good-only God does.
CeceLeste chapter 1 . 5/23/2006
That's very nicely done.

"The Pat Robertson variety outnumbers the true Christian these days. This site is full of them."

Not true at all. It's just that the very in-your-face kinds of people are the ones who stand out, so it seems like there are a lot more of them than there really are.

On this site, there are hundreds of Christians who visit and post stories or comments. Only a handful act badly, and most of those are extremely young (not an excuse, but it does explain to a certain extent). So if this site demonstrates anything, it's that a small minority of Christians out of the whole actually act badly. And of course that is true of any group - unfortunately anywhere that there are human beings, there will be those who choose to act badly. But Christianity also produces many good people, including some people of truly extraordinary goodness - and not every group can claim that.

So again, thank you for your story. God bless.
Alicia chapter 1 . 5/22/2006
I really like it. It kinda applies to other trials that Christians go through. I find it very encouraging. Thanks.
Meh chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
Christians have gotten such a bad rap these days. That's probably why your friends rejected you. They see people like Pat Robertson and think that's what a Christian is. Sad thing is, a lot of the time they're right. The Pat Robertson variety outnumbers the true Christian these days. This site is full of them.

We should be recognized as Christians by our love. End of story. Not by the Scripture we can recite by heart, not by how loudly we praise His name, not by how often we go to chruch, and not by how zealously we speak out against sin. Jesus was love. A true Christian is love.

People get very uncomfortable with in-your-face Christianity. I understand how full of love you are, but it will weird people out. Try to remember how you felt before you became a Christian, and think about how uncomfortable you would have been if someone was all over you with the "God thing."

And Almostinsane, I understand your comment, but don't forget all the people who have lost friends for NOT being Christian.
whatchamacallme chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
**Sits in stunned silence** ...wow... that's amazing... There's so much truth in this story and it was told so well.

I really love the way how you think that Jesus is just some random guy until she realizes it isn't. It was a spectacular effect.

Thank you for writing and posting this. God bless your pen.

Whatchamacallme