Reviews for The Rain In Spain
Guest chapter 1 . 4/6/2014
Fanfuckingtastic
Kunst chapter 1 . 1/20/2014
The detail that you put in this fic&your other fics is spotted on. I hope continue to write, esp. LeonxClaire. I love them to death!
Madgormley chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
great story
Venus Darling chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
Loved this. Claire needs to be aware of Leon's affections for her.
Cleeyur chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
PLEASE FINISH THIS STORY! D:

I really love it so far!
ShanaO chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
HELL YES.

You said perfectly what I was trying to say to my bf.

ADA ONLY USES LEON. They have some weird on-again, off-again friendship twist going on. SHE NEVER LEAVES. While there might have been some sort of twisted feelings for each other, I think overall, you're right, Leon wouldn't trust her.

Love Leon Claire pairing.
Tani2 chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
I love the comparison in this story between Ada and Claire. It lets the reader see a realistic portrayal of what a man like the character of Leon would feel about Ada considering all the things she'd done, and still taking into consideration her physical appeal. It just...gives Leon the benefit of the doubt, you know. I know I'm gonna piss off a certain amount of Ada/Leon shippers with this statement, but they must either really think Leon is stupid, or they are deluding themselves about what Ada is like in the games. I mean, I certainly have read some stories that portray her a sthis sweet misunderstood angel who truly loved him (despite all the betrayals) or others that portayed him as a lovesick puppy for Ada often with him showing anomosity towards Claire. Which is silly. If one considers RE: Degeneration as canon, he clearly holds no anomosity towards Claire. However, anomosity towards Ada is understandable. She was sweet and nice only in RE2, but after she betrayed Leon, she has continued to be a betrayer. Sure, she helps him from time to time, but it always ends with her gun at his back and a smirk on her face. Your description is spot on. Yes...Ada is very pretty. And yes she's strong. But she's also conniving. Leon Kennedy may be a shameless flirt, but he's not stupid. But he is REALLY shameless (seriously...he hit on Ada, Hunnigan, Angela...but you know, I like to think that the fact that he doesn't shamelessly flirt with Claire actually means something. Maybe he holds her in too much esteem to do that. In fact he hinted to that in RE: Degeneration when Claire asked when he and Angela went diving and he said it wasn't important and asked whether she needed a ride. Yeah, shameless flirt with the unimportant girls, but not Claire. Plus she might kick his ass. Oh! And thank God he has standards though when he blew off Ashley "Jailbait" Graham. What did she want him to do, take her to prom?). Also, he has shown in RE4 that he may not be willing to let Ada die, but he certainly aint picking out china patterns either. Stories where they get married and have a happily ever after just crack me up. I cant read them because I just cant dispel THAT much disbelief. Ada the housewife. Come on. Really? Oh well, this soapbox is cramping my style now. I'm gonna get off and go eat Cocopuffs. Peace out and great fic!
Jackalman22 chapter 1 . 2/15/2009
I found your story through a friend's favorites. I value her opinion and trust her tastes, so when I saw this Leon/Claire piece, I had to check it out.

I want to start by saying that reading this was very rewarding. Both Leon and Claire are my two favorite Resident Evil protagonists, and your take on their relationship was both touching and realistic. The piece took place from Leon's perspective, and your writing really put me inside his head. I have written quite a bit of Resident Evil (namely Leon, although not on this site), and while I have my own preferences regarding Leon's personality, I found your approach to be very appropriate and enjoyable to read.

The scene you depicted showed Leon as a normal person-a wounded, ill, jaded, dependent person-recovering from the events in Spain, trying to hang on to some semblance of normalcy and latching on to the one shred of stability he can count on. Everything from his thought processes to how he speaks and relates with Claire were absolutely splendid, and I commend you on a job well done.

Your style was very inviting, and it was your description of even the most mundane things-cold Chinese food, dryer sheets, Claire's roommate-that sucked me in the most. The particular bit with Leon and Claire sitting on the couch in her living room had to be my favorite. When I read 'The Leon and Claire Show,' I couldn't help but laugh.

From start to finish, this piece was charming, mesmerizing, and above all, believable. It depicted a particularly strong bond of friendship most people simply don't experience, and for me, it struck a chord. A lot of readers have a tendency to skim through the parts of prose they deem to be "filler," but I must say I found nothing unimportant in the entirety of this piece. I read and hung on every single word you wrote, and the more I read, the more I was moved.

It is rare for me to offer no criticism to an author. You wrote this over two years ago, so I'm sure this piece is far removed from your mind, but I wanted to take the time to tell you that it was simply wonderful. Your technique employs brevity, eloquence, vividness, as well as dialogue that is both realistic and smooth.

I didn't think it was possible for me to be inspired by reading such a brief piece of fan fiction, but alas, I now think otherwise.

Thank you for writing this, and keep up the fantastic work.
El Duckie chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
Aw, this was a really lovely story. It has a very nice feel to it...if that made any sense. I've read a lot of your other stories at the LiveJournal community and I just want to say that I love your writing. Hope to read more in the future. .
Sihayya22 chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
Wonderfully written.

I like the flow of conversation between the two, the unspoken 'tension' (or maybe I'm just seeing it). They feel so natural and very 'real.'

I played RE2 and I saw part of RE4 (Bro played it in front of me), so in honesty, it was at first difficult to imagine these two as lovers especially with the other characters like Steve and Ada around.

But you and some other Leo/Claire authors are excellent in exercising your craft to the point that I can completely see how these two would've been a better match than what the Capcom wanted. Now I'm completely into Leon/Claire rather than Leon/Ada or Steve/Claire.

Eh. I talk way too much, all in all, thanks for writing such excellent fic, and I can't wait for Resident Evil: Degeneration where these two characters will be fighting the zombies..side by side it seems from the trailer! (Squeal!)
TTiTT chapter 1 . 5/1/2008
Oneshot, LeonClaire... man it never ends with you and this crap

pia Z... someone who writes about women who get raped and they start to like it... shut the f/u/c/k up and go to hell you b/i/t/c/h!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
A LeonClaire story... where? There was none
TheDonutMistress chapter 1 . 1/31/2008
Love it! My favorite stories, within any fandom, really, tend to be those that convincingly portray my favorite characters living normal lives, or in this case, returning to their normal lives. Okay... not necessarily normal, especially in Resident Evil world, but real.

Kudos for showing that Leon didn't come away from Spain completely inscathed.

The drama, the emotion, the characters, and those bits of humor in there-just great.

I've read your stuff at the livejournal comm all and love it all!
claire chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
i didnt like how she cursed so much :/ really isnt like claire
wulfgarfang chapter 1 . 10/25/2007
okay, this fic was pretty close to being as perfect as perfect can be. did that make sense? oh well, back on track again, i'd just like to comment 'bout a review you left me saying you'd like to see more l/c from me? *snorts* i wanna see more l/c from YOU! allow a master, like yourself, to show me how it's done. again, i tip my hat to you - wfang