Reviews for A Magical Day
Thunder.Blade132 chapter 1 . 5/30/2014
You know, I haven't read a lot of pre-quest stories, because the ones I had found, while nice to read, just didn't seem to keep my attention. I thought I'd need the action and adventure of ones during or after the quest, but this one was just so cute, and I loved it. Something about it made me want more of these pre-quest stuff. Now, I think I can appreciate those stories a bit more. Shoot... now I have that many more stories I need to read. P
Pearl Bramble of Willowbottom chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
I remember Treebeard mentioning Entwives, I wonder if these are them. This is a wonderful story, by the way.

-Pearl Bramble of Willowbottom.
Nikikeya chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
This was an adorable story. I only wish it had been longer...
Eiladwyn chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
It makes me smile that you don't need to put AU, even though the trees are more aware than they should be. Tolkien knew what he was doing )
Green-eyed Hobbit chapter 1 . 5/9/2007
This is so cute, really... I loved it how you would write from the trees perspective at the end, and how Frodo teases Pippin

friendly, how he plays with his innocence...

Wonderful short story-thank you!
Whispering Darkness chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
Aw... that's really sweet! -

Great story.
onoff chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
Oh goodness, there are so many wonderful authors here and you are no exception! I've only been on for a few days and already I've stumbled across so much hobbit fic! :D What a cute little story; you've put the squee! back into my morning.
Deep Damnation chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
Aww the cuteness! A lovely piece it's just . *sqiuish*
bethahnee chapter 1 . 5/10/2006
Awesome! Haven't seen anything from you for a while... Thought the hobbit-snacking goblins had gotten you... :)

This was so sweet and fluffy and cute... I love prequest fics. and postquest fics. Actually I like during-quest fics too. I like all fics, but I especially love your pre and post quest fics. They're always so great!

Anargil _~
AspenJules chapter 1 . 5/10/2006
A magical story... it's amazing to me how you can take a such simple snapshot of a day and turn it into a delightful little story. Of course, I LOVE reading about young Pip, as well as about a joyous, confident, carefree, pre-ring Frodo. I love how Frodo found and shared the magic of their activities in the day, and even Merry was convinced, though he knew what was coming.

Favorite lines: "The breeze was picking up a bit, and Merry was laying flat out on the tent fabric, trying to keep it from blowing away." I *know* how hard it is to set up a tent on a breezy day!

Also "On impulse, he ran his hand along the rough bark of the nearest tree. Could it have been watching Pippin? Who knows? “Goodnight,” he whispered.

The trees remained silent, sensing no threat from such gentle and respectful visitors." Ah, he was wiser than even he knew. Loved it, Shire!
lovethosehobbits chapter 1 . 5/10/2006
Ah...I loved it. I always have felt that our surroundings are more aware of us than we know. I mean, just *listen* to those birds on my porch...they are chattering and talking and looking at Homer, Bub (Em's fat cat) and me as I drink my coffee and enjoy the morning breeze. Lovely, as usual.