Reviews for The Departure of Boromir
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
A great story. Very well written.
stephen chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
Good poetic style, but kind of canonically inaccurate. You wrote about Elves and Dwarves and Men all in the same place, but in Tolkien's writings, when Elves die they don't actually die, they go to Mandos' halls (in valinor) to "do their time" for their sins and then they are free to go back either to valinor or "died" in the silmarillion fighting the balrog in gondolin, but then returned to middle earth during the third age. When Dwarves die they apparently go back underground and sleep and are then reincarnated as another dwarf. Mortals are the only ones who die and leave the world to be with Eru. Tolkien states that Luthien (and later arwen) are the only Elves who "died indeed and left the world".

But I like your style!

(You're probably thinking I need to get a life if I have enough time to sit here talking about theology in a world that doesn't even exist:D)
Lizbit chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
You asked for creative criticism, so I shall oblige.

Firstly, you have a good poetic style, that reflects Tolkien well. It's obvious how much effort went into mimicing his style, and you did a good job. I like your characterizations - they are easy for me to picture and relate to my own images of the characters.

As to advice, I would recommend you to work on your choice of words. For example, you use "pain" several times in the first three paragraphs. Try and mix it up with similar words. Also, try to use a thesaurus more, and not use slang (ie: awful).

I think you've got a great talent, and should invest more time in your craft. Overall, well done!
Larner chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
The grief of his death, followed by the anticipation of the peace and joy to come.

Well done.
alasse greyhame chapter 1 . 4/25/2007
great story I liked all of it don't change anything!
AriaJack chapter 1 . 1/17/2007
That was beautiful and sweet. Wah!Wah!And Sad. "Sniff Sniff."
StarofElendil chapter 1 . 10/27/2006
that was rather nice. a side to Boromir other than bluff and hearty. well done
dancingkatz chapter 1 . 10/12/2006
Absolutely lovely. I wish I could be more eloquent but I am still caught up in the emotions this piece has engendered. It is definitely going on my favorites list and I am most certainly going to recommend this fic to others.
Redone chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
I'm always sad to see Boromir's death - he could have accomplished so much, after being released from the Ring's lure; but your story is so comfortingly calm and spiritual that I can't help but think Boromir deserved it. :)
Pipkin Sweetgrass chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
Most exellent! This was handled with great care and love of the craft and the source material. You are very, very good! I loved this and am adding it to my C2. If you would like a graphic for a website or blog just email me at the address in my profile, and I'll send you a Remember Me award graphic.
Aaron chapter 1 . 6/5/2006
Mathos? Is he one of the middle earth gods, or other? anyways, great story. LOL.

er- I'm not gay, just so you know.
God is God and I am not chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
Oh my gosh! This is so good, so deep. I love it.
God is God and I am not chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
Oh my gosh! This is so good, so deep. I love it.
MysticStoryteller chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
very nice! I also are taking on a third fan fiction. It's a science fiction/action/romance. A bit werid for me, but it should be fun! hugs!
Bon Bear chapter 1 . 5/10/2006
Hey! Great fic, very deep. Keep writing!