Reviews for Kind Of Like Stockholm Syndrome
Kat Morning chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
I love Leon & Ashley friendship fics, and that's really what this seems to be to me. Though I wanted to smack him and say "Go get yourself out of the friend-zone with Claire," I still loved his interaction with Ashley. Thank you for the cute read!
Darkwood chapter 1 . 11/18/2009
Ok, that last line is GOLD. For serious. I enjoyed this.
whee chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
Well, that's pretty funny - I'm a pretty diehard Leon/Ashley shipper, but some of your stuff makes me wish I could like Leon/Claire, you know? I like them well enough in the games somehow, but can rarely stand them in fanfiction and I don't know why. Except yours, maybe.

I think you got both Leon and Ashley perfectly in this. And Leon calling himself an "old man" gets me every time. (Somebody pointed out somewhere that Ashley would be jailbait until she was forty, considering who her dad is.)

Nice!
Shizuru Came chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
GOGGLES MAKE ME LAWL, BRAVA.
Paze chapter 1 . 3/28/2007
I really enjoyed this one too! You are wonderful at their personalities! I'm a sucker for Leon, and you do an absolute astounding job at him. Really nice work.
Sakura123 chapter 1 . 3/22/2007
Excellent Story. You really hit the nail with hammer with Leon and Ashley's characters, especially when touching on the obvious 'crush' Ashley [might've] had on her well-toned hero of the day (seriously, you don't ask your rescuer go back to your place for 'overtime' whatever that might've meant). Their personalties from the game truly resonated through their multi-subject Conversation and Leon's thoughts, which ranged from rational, self-chiding, and uneasy because he noticed Ashley was actually attractive for a girl her age.

When playing the game, I also found myself thinking that Ash and Leon made a cute couple, but I kinda garnered toward the Brotherly like attitude he had toward her (especially after Luis' death and she escaped from lower-level she was once-trapped on). The hug and the "Good Job" from Leon that followed it - that was even cuter. After that, she got kidnapped too much!

["Special Agent Leon Scott Kennedy, heartthrob to barely legal girls everywhere. Just another thing for him to lose sleep over, he figured."]

- I loved that.

All in all I enjoyed this very much.

Keep up the good work!

Sakura123
Kazie-chan chapter 1 . 11/15/2006
Wow, that's really well written. Yeah, that's most likely what would go on between the two of them, too.
love indubitably chapter 1 . 7/20/2006
I haven't played RE4 yet, so some of the details were over my head... But I really enjoyed reading this. One of things that's great about your writing is that it usually centers around a single scene/event, but still includes lots of back story and characterization. So even if only one or two things actually happen in the story, there's still so much going on.

I really love the way you've written Ashley here. Even though she's got this huge crush on him, she's not delusional or obsessed. I wish more girls her age would deal with their infatuations this way...

Haha, and of course I enjoyed the Leon/Claire shoutout. ;)

Leon/Lickers makes baby Jesus cry.
DarkAngelus1 chapter 1 . 5/12/2006
I'm a L/C fan, too. I liked the way you did it. I would've made Ashley a dimwit. I hated dragging her around worse than I did playing as Sherry. I loved the line about Sherry not getting a crush on him. Classic! I really liked it. You did a very good job.
notanotherfanficauthor chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
Hey, this is utterly gorgeous. It's very stylishly written, and both Leon and Ashley are perfectly in character. It made me smile. I adore both Leon and Ashley, although not together, and you perfectly captured the one-sidedness of Ashley's feelings, without making her seem desperate or overly immature.

I really, really liked it.
YellowDancer chapter 1 . 5/10/2006
So, I read this story too... still don't know any more about Resident Evil, but I enjoyed this one as well. Now I'm really wanting to check out this series of games (course I have like a billion games to finish before I can do that, starting with Kingdom Hearts II). I have to say that there's something fun about reading a fanfiction about something you know very little about...especially if it's well written. I like the awkward dynamic going on in this fic. It reminds me a little of the Robin-Amon age difference attraction awkwardness, which I'm used to reading from you, but this is interesting because the attraction is not returned in this circumstance. Another good read... though I think I liked the first one (rain in spain) better. Why? Yes, angsty beat up boy. I'm so transparent... And I forgot to mention in my other review that thanks to you I now have the "Rain in Spain" from My Fair Lady stuck in my head. I know you had another song specifically in mind when you wrote it, but I can't help getting the original stuck in my head when I read those words.