Reviews for Death's Heartache
Oldach's Dream chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
Hey!

I read this fic this morning, but didn't have time to review it.

Honestly, I have some major issues with mother-related fics like this. Mother related anything, actually, so when I read the summary I wasn't planning on reading it at all. Then I saw who the author was, and I knew I had to give it a try.

I have to tell you, you did an exellent job at handeling their emotions in this situation. Its not something we ever see - Dean being that open about something that hurt him so much - but if it were to happen, I think it would go down something like this.

Also, I know you've heard it from many other reviewers, but the lines,

Sam took a deep breath. "We're going."

Their eyes met across the distance of the hotel beds and Dean nodded. "I know."

Really just summed it up. It was perfect.

I don't know, the whole thing just sort of reiterated how important Sam is in Dean's life. Because with out his little brother, Dean would just keep all this stuff bottled up inside, and that's not healthy.

Anyway, Awesome fic - do keep up the good work!
snfan chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
Cute story! I loved it!
LostandAlone22 chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
This is just really sad. I love it. I never thought about how the boys would react to Mother's Day, and this was nice.
Jellicle chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
So beautiful!

It's Mother's Day next Sunday here in my country so it was just perfect!
Windyfontaine chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
Aw, yeah, that was good. Too emotional to leave more :) Glad now I have my present already bought for my mom. The brothers' voices were spot on. Have a good week :)
radioactive.raccoon chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
Beautiful
kokomocalifornia chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
that was so sweet! ahh. god bless hallmark and its effective marketing and sales strategies.
Liz Bach chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
Aw, that was really nice.
Kaewi chapter 1 . 5/10/2006
"Dean wasn't speeding; there was no hurry. Mom would wait for them."

"Thanks" .. "For what?" .. "Letting me see her."

Incredibly touching. You and your beta never cease to amaze me.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 5/10/2006
Emily,

Received the alert and waited to read your story last for the evening. Was afraid of the story's title, but I trust you, anyone else I wouldn't of even looked. (Besides they wouldn't be on my alert list, LOL)

The story was awesome! Sitting here in tears, but good tears.

Loved the picture of Dean and Sam in the motel room, with Dean cleaning his weapons and Sam saying we are going and Dean's response. The description about their mom from Dean, so Sam could picture her. The ending where John is at the grave site too.

Perfect.

Thanks for sharing another wonderful story.

Lori
Jayme chapter 1 . 5/10/2006
This was so touchingly beautiful
Northface chapter 1 . 5/10/2006
Aw. I feel so sorry for Sam and Dean-Dean for what he's missing and Sam for what he doesn't know how to miss (but Dean's helping him learn). Liked this exchange especially:

Sam took a deep breath. "We're going."

Their eyes met across the distance of the hotel beds and Dean nodded. "I know."
calcium77 chapter 1 . 5/10/2006
Excuse me...I have to go call my mom. Sniff...sniff
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 5/10/2006
Well done.
pizzapixie chapter 1 . 5/10/2006
Very nicely done. Celebrating her life, for once, not resenting her death. Sometimes we all need to do that. Sam is a wise (not to mention extremely hot)boy.
33 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »