Reviews for Servare Vitas
coterie2 chapter 41 . 5/12/2010
Wow! An intense and exciting story, one of the best I've ever read.
4k101 chapter 41 . 5/4/2010
haha loved the end!
TravelingSue chapter 41 . 2/23/2010
This was an excellent, the attack, b&b's role in saving lives was heart stopping good fun, at times it felt a little like a jason bourne movie. Excellent write, you write action very, very well.

Thank you for sharing this with all of us, I enjoyed the ride.
Alicat76 chapter 41 . 2/23/2010
I stumbled upon this story a few days ago... and wow! It was an absolutely fantastic read from beginning to end! I cried when I thought Booth was dead... then again when I thought Bones was going to reject him :( But the epilogue brought a huge smile to my face! ;)

Thank you so much for such a wonderful story x
TravelingSue chapter 17 . 2/22/2010
Great read, another author has written a new Fan Fic called Sniper and it got me wanting to read more on this angle.

Lot of deep knowledge of guns and sniper duties in this fan-fic which I'm enjoying... hoping he gets to use those new skills soon.
xoxokiss210 chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
cmf227 chapter 41 . 2/18/2010
I stumbled across this story and devoured it in one evening. Just wanted to let you know that even over 3 years post completion, it is still incredible, and interesting, and had me SO tense in the middle that I thought I may explode. The characterization remains spot-on for the characters.. with the exception being the Hodgins we've seen as of late - not so crazy conspiracy nut anymore, but you portrayed him as he was in Soldier in the Grave, and did a great job of it.

Really loved it. Thanks for writing it.
anon.362 chapter 8 . 2/3/2010
good
LarsG chapter 35 . 1/21/2010
Darn... I'm freaking tired and low on sugar but that chapter made my eyes watery :)
abunnymom chapter 41 . 12/18/2009
I found your story late last night, and was so engrossed that I read it straight through along with all your other Bones stories and am now posting a review at 4AM. Sleep is highly overrated when there are great stories to be read. This in particular is definitely one of the best stories I have ever read in the 6 fandoms I read. I completely agree with your thoughts about the balance between Booth and Bones, and it appears that since your story was originally posted, TPTB have included characters acknowledging Booth frequently and deliberately plays down his intelligence.

It is clear that you really understand the nature of each of the characters (and early on in the series) - each one is given time in the story, and each feels true to what has been presented in canon. And the details that you include in everything from the hardware Booth carries and teaches Bones how the pieces work, to the way Booth views and analyzes the terrorist situation in the Jeffersonian - all engage me as a reader to participate in their experiences and feelings. I could not stop reading, and laughed, was anxious/sad/irritated and felt a variety of emotions along with each character as they experienced them. To me, that is the hallmark of great writing, and I am grateful that you share your writing.

That being said, I am sorry to see that you have not posted any writing more recently. If you are posting elsewhere, I would love to know. If you aren't, I hope that someday you consider sharing your talent again. Thanks for the great reading!
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 41 . 11/15/2009
Nice job, really.

Wouldn’t have minded seeing a BIT more of Williams before he got the boot, but you definitely worked in some VERY interesting character bonding moments regardless.

The part with Booth and Brennan discussing Booth’s issues with Hodgin’s claims was a particularly effective look at what motivates Booth in those situations, while his later discussion with Brennan about his weapons reflected an intriguing moment of Brennan rejecting the ‘anthropologist’ side of her in favour of simply appreciating the moment.

The assault on the museum was really exceptionally well-written and planned out; everything that could be done to stop the terrorists was done, with the layout of the museum clearly developed (Unfortunately I’ve never been there myself so I can’t say how accurate it is) and the combat scenes- ranging from long-range shooting to physical confrontations- well-planned-out.

And as for their later thoughts during their confrontation in the hospital…

BRILLIANTLY written, to say the least; Brennan initially trying to pull back out of fear of being hurt, leaving Booth emotionally and physically shattered once more, only for her to turn around at the last minute as she realises that she’d rather have the pain of losing him than the pain of never having had him in the first place.

(Plus, of course, there was that amusing scene with Hodgins at the end)

All in all, a SUPERB bit of writing; keep up the good work!
SimOph52 chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
Hey, I read this story a while back, then found the comic drawings of it online and decided to read it again because I remember it being really good the first time around. Unsurprisingly, it was better the second time around because I was anticipating things that I knew were going to happen AND remembered things from the first time that I had forgotten happened at all. It's probably one of the best stories I've read in a long time. Keep writing please. I would love to see something just as thrilling sometime soon. Thanks for the story.
anonymous.individual chapter 41 . 10/13/2009
wow absolutely brilliant story. :)
anonymous.individual chapter 39 . 10/13/2009
oh my god. fantastic chapter... utterly brilliant :D:D
JWildfire chapter 41 . 10/1/2009
I discovered this novel of yours around 10 this evening. It's now approaching 3am and I've just finished. What a ride, from laughter through grief and back again. I'm also impressed that three years later, the characters which evolved in this story are so similar to those we see on Thursday nights. Aside from the obvious plot and character development, I'm most impressed with your apparent knowledge (or in-depth research) into each character's specializations, and ability to pull it into description and POV, not just dialogue or internal monologue. The reference to Brownian motion within the surging crowed from Brennan's POV was the first to strike me as particularly apt, getting us indirectly into her thought process for a very realistic feel to the scene. I can only hope the descriptions are as effective for those in the know about the various weaponry and tactics used as they are for those of us with a science background. My thanks for an entertaining evening of reading, as well as food for thought on writing techniques!

JW