Reviews for Ethanol
lapaxlove chapter 1 . 9/25/2013
I like how you made the feelings between the two quite similar interesting, and what's not to like a Vincent and Tifa interaction fic.
vincey chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
Beautiful and insightful :D Can I take a sec to spazz over some lines? That "Yours" exchange between Tifa and the bartender was so expertly executed The "Cheers" at the end too.

But O: You do know that Vincen't claw is just a glove right? And that his eyes are naturally red?

*kowtows*
Pied Flycatcher chapter 1 . 11/30/2006
That was really good. Your characterisation of Tifa and Vincent was excellent, and I particularly liked the way they found they had more in common than they thought. The background story you added also fits in very well and fleshes out the story.

I only have two criticisms to make. Firstly, you overuse parenthesis. Generally, parenthesis is frowned upon in fiction and it's best to limit it. I felt that a lot of the asides were simply unnecessary or could be worked into the main body of the story more smoothly.

Secondly, don't start dialogue tags with a capital letter. “Cheers,” She stated - I think this would work better as: "Cheers," she said.
Sienna03 chapter 1 . 7/25/2006
Lovely. Truly. Great job!
Indigo Angel chapter 1 . 6/2/2006
that was good u didn't go too far into the fact that he was drinking wine.
Yumithebutterfly chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
Wow, this is good. I love it when people get into the psyche of the characters. Delve deep in their minds and express what they think goes on in there. Well written!
LilTigre chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
Wow, this is a rare find, and a gem in the rough. Almost looked over it 'till I noticed the 'platonic' tag- it fits well, really, and manages to stay believably in-character to boot. Nice job!
Nagia chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
Yet another reason to keep you on the alerts list. This kind of quality is absolutely amazing. Unlike some other too-young-to-be-so-good Yuffentine authors, you don't add facades to your work. It's pretty but clear: everything comes through cleanly. I think that's one of my favourite things about your work.

And then, of course, there's the characterization. It's absolutely perfect. Your Tifa is amazing. I don't really work all that well with the character. People who do just sort of tend to take me by surprise.

Your Vincent is excellent too. I've always thought of him as aware of how things truly are, but unable to change the way he feels about it. After all, emotions don't tend to follow logic. No matter how logical he is, he'll feel the way he feels.

As for Yuffie and Cid worming their ways in... Well, it's not like -I'm- going to disapprove!