Reviews for Blood, Metal and What Comes After
Savage Shade chapter 1 . 7/13/2006
Definitely not rubbish or icky. Good characterisation. One of the better 'Devil's Trap' stories that I've read, I like that you didn't make Dean beat up on himself to much. It was good, I genuinely liked it.
Designation chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
Not icky, and definitely not rubbish.

Pretty good stuff, actually. Excellent characterization.

"I didn't even have me. I just had them."
IheartPadalecki chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
I liked it. And you know, I never thought of John liking Sam more because he got to go through all that stuff with Sam, that's an interesting thing to mention. But I liked it!
fieldofyellowdandelions chapter 1 . 5/12/2006
Just wanted you to know that this is one of the better post "Devil's Trap" stories I've read. I think you really got into Dean's head.
Zenamydog chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
You dont usually write oneshots or angst huh? Well, hell, you should! Good work!
rodney215 chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
I loved it. It was all angsty and sad and just really, really good.
bjxmas chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
I love the way you write and you beautifully captured Dean's pain. I think Dean does look at things like this but it doesn't mean he is right. He just doesn't realize how important he is to the family and maybe John and Sam don't either, although I think Sam is beginning to.

I do think he does everything "for the family" and has sacrificed so much of himself in the process that he doesn't beleive he does exist without them.

Definately not rubbish. Thanks for not killing any of them. B.J.
pizzapixie chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
That was good. All angsty and Dean mulling over what the demon said. I think everyone's leaving the rst until we get the next season. I hope you update. Thanks.
daisymaygirl1 chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
No way was that rubbish. It was really, really good. A devastatingly poignant look into Dean's mind and how he sees himself in regards to John, Sammy...his family. I have to say, it left me with one enormous lump in my throat.
BigPink chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
Aw, poor broken up Dean. I also wondered how seriously Dean would take stuff that the Demon said, knowing that it would lie, but that there would be enough truth in it for it to really scramble your brain. It's going to be a long, long, long summer. Sigh.
hfan2002 chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
I don't think that was rubbish at all. Wow. At first while I was reading it I thought you were being to sappy for dean... but honestly by the end I think you had him pegged. You were doing what's in dean's head. The process work. What would come out after that would be a sarcastic comment to cover it up. But you were in his head and in that sense I think you were bloody accurate. Wow. Bravo...
tracer2032 chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
that wasnt icky or rubbish by any means. You did good and focused on Dean's processing the "lies" from the "truth". I liked it alot. Great job.
Dashboard-Kid chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
Woah. that was bloody brilliant. ah i loved it. your fics are amazing. i demand a new one right here right now!

love jen x

keep up the good work hun
JJ Phoenix chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
Oh, Dean! Oh, I just want to snuggle him! And you for writing this! This fic shows exactly why Dean is my absolute favorite character. From any television show or movie or book. Ever. He is so selfless, and all he wants is to be with his family, the poor thing. I sometimes feel that this whole crusade has been more difficult for Dean because he *remembers.* He remembers what it was like before and he knows how screwed up everything became after. This is all Sam has ever known, and while it must have been a terrifying way to grow up, at least he doesn't have any normal to compare it to. But Dean, Dean knows how his father has changed. He knows what could have been. He *knows,* yet he's still out there fighting side by side with his brother and father because he just wants so badly to be a family. Oh, I just want to squeeze him and never let go.

Thank you for this!

JJ
Palo Alto chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
AWESOME! You nailed Dean's character so well and you wrote it from his POV so powerfully. Great view inside his mind; damaged, alone, sobered, determined. You reflected everything: from why he became who he is, what forced and willed him in his place and what he thinks he needs to do. Love it.

"I’m not good with words. I don’t say enough of them, and when I say them they aren’t really what I feel most of the time." love that

"I’m no knight in shining armour. I’m no superhero." no, he's just human, but that's why he fights even harder to be

"Demons lie. I know that. They get inside your head and twist your thoughts around their claws until you don’t know real from unreal; right from wrong; up from down. Dad from Demon."

well put