Reviews for A Stolen Life
Guest chapter 1 . 12/21/2016
I felt so conflicted about Faith, I so wanted Dean to live, but the cost...? ANGST OVERLOAD. Feeling kind of guilty I'd side with Sammy on this one. Thanks Sasha £££
SpnKsl5 chapter 1 . 6/26/2016
I couldn't agree more. Sam went in the lake.. brr.
Nice story!
darkphoenix2345 chapter 1 . 11/29/2015
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards Review:

Throughout the story words were underlined. This was a bit distracting. Some grammatical and spelling errors. You did warn at the beginning that the story hadn't been read by a BETA.

I liked the brothers' interaction like it appears on the show. You did a great job illustrating Dean's anguish about being saved over Layla.
SPN Mum chapter 1 . 11/20/2015
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards Review: November 2015

I know you were trying to show just how upset Dean was with the situation, and also Sam trying to deal with what Dean was feeling, but I felt like the emotions were a little over the top for them. They were more worn out and disillusioned at this point, and I can't see Sam walking around the room pulling at his hair.

You did a good job building up to Sam's impassioned speech to Dean, and then had a nice wind down to their going to bed. I also liked that Sam didn't answer Dean's final question about whether Sam would still have taken Dean there, knowing what was going on. We all know what Sam's answer would be.
BlackIceWitch chapter 1 . 11/3/2015
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards Review:

Having no beta is one thing; not even reading through once posted, correcting simple problems like line breaks, that is another. It was disappointing to see the lack of care evident. I would also hazard a guess that this was the first draft, as some repetition is evident in the character’s thoughts.

I applaud the decision to tackle Dean’s guilt at this time. It was sorely needed and one hoped a scene much like this was imagined by the show’s writers “off screen” between episodes (in the fake, real-world of Supernatural, that is). Sam raised a lot of valid points, in character, without seeming to realise or understand that Dean wouldn’t give them validity – also in character. Logic mostly is not enough, having no emotional resonance for Dean. That was delivered clearly. Sam’s frustration and intolerance of Dean’s self-torture was an interesting foreshadowing for accusations Sam levels at Dean in the future.

Potentially a very good read, let down by lack of care in the final result.
BittersweetRemix chapter 1 . 11/21/2013
I like how you left Sam's pause up for interpretation by the reader. I personally think that he would have, simply because Sam's just as stubborn a sonuvabitch that John ever was, and Dean means as much or more to him than anyone else in his life.

As always, though, your writing is fantastic. I'm pretty much aleays left in awe, whether your stories are beta'd or not. ] Keep on keeping on!
Convulse chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
OMG AKA WTF, this fic FTW!
D&G J/K LOL!
Ooooh, this fic is A-mazing! There were two or three letters to beta, but nothing that would keep me from understanding. Uuh, can't wait to see the next chapter!
And, hum... It's against the community rules to post chapters of the same story as separate entries. You should go to Story Management and add chapters, not stories.
But the fanfic itself, sooo good! Damn!
Linz1224 chapter 1 . 8/31/2009
I realize that this story has been posted forever, but I've read it a few times and never reviewed. Excellent story. and I absolutely love the ending!
Marlowe97 chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
Oh, I liked that one! I love this episode, could watch it over and over (will do so tonight). And what you wrote was actually exactly what has been missing in the show. So thank you. Now I don't need to fill in the blanks myself ;)
DangerousDiamondDarling chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
“You are a liar and a thief and a killer if it makes you happy to think of yourself that way. You’re also irritating and obnoxious, you drink too much, you whore too much, you’re rude. you’re a total wack job, you are the scariest son of a bitch I ever met and sometimes you can be so stupid it makes me want to scream—“

“But you are also the best man I’ve ever known, I trust you with my life, hell, I owe you my life, there is no one I would rather have at my back, in front of me or at my side. You’ve spent your whole life looking out for me and Dad, helping other people who needed it because they couldn’t help themselves. I know for a fact that you would crawl blind, through hell, if that’s what it was gonna take to get the job you needed to do done. And you wouldn’t once stop and ask yourself if the person you were trying to save deserved to live. You know that’s not your decision to make. Not even when it’s your own life you’re talking about!”

Awesome! I loved Sam's rant! Great job!
chb76 chapter 1 . 5/4/2007
Really enjoyed this. Great dialogue - very in character- * "...I guess I’ll send him to that faith healer, so that Reverend Lagrange can save Dean by killing that son of a bitch Marshall Hall, who’s been pissing me off lately! “ * such dark humour- this made me laugh and cringe at the same time, loved the Sam rant too - all in all fantastic- really sweet and touching without the chickflickicity. I think that word should be made official. Great story. I plan on reading your award winner sometime soon but it may take a while...
Lizzie chapter 1 . 3/9/2007
Very nice! Great ending. God, these boys...
L'insomnie des etoiles chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
Again, great fic! Very interesting, a very good analyse of dean and sam's character...
04238 chapter 1 . 1/2/2007
I was watching Faith earlier on and remembered reading this before. Faith is my favourite episode so I would have only been happy if a writer did it justice. I thought that this would have been exactly what would have happened after, and it made me cry. Great job.

J
KatieLB chapter 1 . 12/28/2006
I do think those two boys would do anything to save one another but I don't know about killing an innocent...hm... good question there at the end...good job