Reviews for Sixth
Guest chapter 1 . 9/5/2013
nice
ihonestlydontknow chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
Very well-written future fic. Shikamaru is a very interesting person, isn't he? What you've written is very realistic. Even more so than the actual series. Tragedy, but not overwhelming, and Shikamaru was very in-character. Well done.
Unbidden-Angel chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
I really loved it! Poor Shika-kun. I feel sorry that they all died.
Linnorria chapter 1 . 4/20/2008
That was entirely poetic. Beautiful. Thank you.
darklace15 chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
This sounds awful, but I loved the paragraph explaining the deaths of each character-who was still left and who had moved on. They were all perfect.
gracemis chapter 1 . 7/14/2007
Somehow, this captures how Shikamaru would approach being the sixth very well. That is, it is very "in character", i would guess.

You put together a few very striking lines too. "That’s the only nice thing about having half the population wiped out at a go. Less old people... Less people from his generation, too, of course, but not as many less. If that makes any sense"

That is a very nice turn of phrase. thought-image provoking, cynical, and very slightly optimistic all at the same time.
Krizzie chapter 1 . 3/30/2007
ooh...that's just like shikamaru... i like the descriptions while shikamaru went through them.
fraught chapter 1 . 3/9/2007
I don't understand why this concept isn't more popular- no, not the 'everyone is dead' part but the 'Shikamaru as Hokage' bit. The only other place I've seen it is in the "Naruto Primer," which is a very (VERY) different kind of fic.

Which isn't a bad thing- I loved the tragedy that never really went into angst because this is Shikamaru and he doesn't brood like that. There were times that it almost went to humor- Hinata and Anko, for example. Your last paragraph is pure Shikamaru: he hopes it works but if it doesn't he's done what he can. And also, cloudgazing.
Planet Mads chapter 1 . 3/8/2007
Oh God. Almost cried. You made it so realistic. Poor, poor Shikamaru. Poor everyone. It's such a perfect one-shot. It's sad but a nice-sad. As you have everyone together on the Memorial Stone. The ending was brilliant of course. And totally Shikamaru-like. So brilliant.
Destiny1029 chapter 1 . 2/7/2007
I love Shikamaru one shots. They always get to me. Wonderful perspective!

Great job once again
dreamlifter chapter 1 . 1/30/2007
Good companion piece. liked seeing Shikarmaru's POV
L0v3L3ss chapter 1 . 1/24/2007
God youi killed everyone... Good story thought...
the waffle chapter 1 . 11/4/2006
Wow, this is really, really good. I liked the other one as well.

]

I could see this happening.
Nilladriel chapter 1 . 10/29/2006
Intriguing idea, but it fits, somehow. I like the tone, and the way you made everyone's deaths so REAL. Amazing job, all n' all.
youdontneedtoknow chapter 1 . 10/19/2006