Reviews for A Weyr Is Where a Dragon Is
slytherinsal chapter 3 . 3/15/2011
Are you going to write more of this? it seems a shame it's petered out.

Poor S'rene has a problem... worrying about being second queenrider as though that were not an important position! so, i surmise that clumsy or no there's a strength to her twin that makes S'rene lack confidence without her which doesn't help...

I understood that Ramoth would only ever permit 2 junior queens at Benden but if in your universe F'lar has prevailed on her to place common sense over her usual hissy fits [or is that Lessa's hissy fits?] that's good!

I'd like to know how this goes...
kathrinebkyz chapter 1 . 11/28/2006
very good
Kestrez chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
Well, I very very much agree with the separating of the scenes idea, but the grammar errors were not too noticeable to cause much disappointment.

I like the general idea you have going on plot-wise, but it may be a little choppy in places, so watch that. Try to explain things a little more, for those poor people that don't know Pern as well as some of us! Anyways, I'll be watching this one!
astrokath chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
I agree with everything your first reviewer said, so won't repeat that.

What I will point out is that Talina's queen was Arwith (interesting trivia factoid: Arwith is one of the few characters who was actually named after a real person), so you didn't really need to make up a name there.

Also, you consistently mis-spell "weyr" as "wyer". Please fix it!

On the plus side, the dialogue isn't too clunky, and the story itself is relatively engaging, except when you jump from scene to scene with no warning. Keep working on it; I look forward to reading more.
P.J. Bedingfield chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
Two things I find:

1.) A few grammatical errors.(No big deal and easily corrected if you go back over the story carefully.)

2.) Make a break between scenes. As the way it is now, you just jump from scene to scene and do not give the reader a break and chance to realize we are changing times and scenery.

Otherwise, good story!