Reviews for ThankYou Notes
Iblamepie chapter 1 . 7/28/2014
That. Was a MASTERPIECE. I really don't get why he's failing writing!

Blame pie
MsFrizzle chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
This was a lovely letter. I wouldn't be surprised if Sam and Tucker keep it under their pillows. (or maybe in a safe deposit box). There is a lot about that episode that bothered me but this insightful short certainly improves it. The series makes a lot of parallels between Danny and Vlad and what sets them apart is the special relationship Danny has with Sam and Tucker.

I this letter Danny expresses how grateful he is, that this type of friendship should not be taken for granted and how truly rare it is. I suppose part of the tragedy is that Maddie and Jack were not able to fill that role for Vlad.
CynthiaW chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
This was sweet. Danny does tend to forget that his friends are only human and can't do what he can. But he loves them dearly. Knowing he has them helps to remind him why he's a hero. I think all heros have that. They need their friends and family around to keep them sane in the midst of the chaos of fighting bad guys. Losing them brings the heros to the brink of crossing that fine line between vigilantism and outlawry. It takes a strong mind to keep from going over the edge.

Vlad deliberately abandoned his only friends after his accident. Without Jack and Maddie to remind him what it was to be human, he lost perspective and got caught up in his obsession about Jack being responsible for him becoming this unique creature that no one could relate to. Danny knew it was all an accident and simply dealt with issues as they arose. His friends may not understand everythign about him anymore, but they can help him incorporate the changes into his life as close to being human as possible.

You did a good job showing just how scared Danny is by what Vlad made of his life as a half-ghost. Well done.

Cynthia
WolfDaughter chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
Wow...powerful and very moving. It gave me goosebumps and brought tears to my eyes.
anemix chapter 1 . 10/3/2009
So heartfelt, but it all boils down to that last line.

"Thank you for keeping me human."

(\/)

( . .)

c(")(")

BUNNY
goldacharmed chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
omg. once again you get right into dannys head so well. i lvoe this little story. its so cute. i can ttly see danny writing this. its so thoughtful and sweet and wonderful that that i cant even find words for it. i just love it so much and its so good that words cant express it enough. i wish i coul wirte like you can. hopefuly in time. love ya, later supercool writer dude
MyAibou chapter 1 . 9/9/2007
That was just brilliant. Short and to the point and YES.

Vlad is my favorite DP villain for that very reason, because he represents everything Danny could become if he stops caring and lets bitterness take hold of him. Having him recognize this, and thank his friends for the part they play in making sure that doesn't happen. Well done.
Firefury Amahira chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
Wow, a very nice introspective piece that spans several very good points about Danny's character that often are only glanced over if they're addressed at all.

A pleasant read, and a nice expansion on Danny's frantic "THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!" from the episode )
The Midnight Phantomess chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
Oh, I love this one too. :)
Anomaly25 chapter 1 . 6/9/2006
Wow- very well done. It makes sense for Danny to say something, considering all they do for him. Who knows what would have happened to him if his friends didn't show up. Also, I like how you say how Danny's friends help keep him human. That is one difference between him and Vlad- Vlad has none.
nofuanonyoucantfindme chapter 1 . 6/8/2006
Aww! That was excellent. I love getting an insight into how Danny reacts emotionally to his fights. (Goes off to read more of your stuff)
Hikari of the Moon chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
Wow! This is a really strong piece, and it's so true to the show that you could think it's straight from an episode! I loved it
Firestar9mm chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
Always nice to see something new from you, and this is no exception. While the last line is the hook that grabs and pulls, I especially like the part where Danny says Vlad had no incentive to keep fighting the good fight, while he, Danny, does and knows it. Lines like "reminding me not everyone is like Dash and Lancer" are gold; and the fact that he mentioned the friendship continued before and through the advent of his powers is perfect. I think it's really sweet to see how Danny knows the value of his friends (something I liked about the otherwise-very odd "Kindred Spirits") and you've really captured that here. Nice work.
SummersSixEcho chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
Beautiful. Your introspective stories are always amazing. I especially loved the last line in this one.
1Wahed chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
This is very good. Loved it.

Deep and true, awesome one-shot.