Reviews for What A Difference a Day Makes
policis chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
it has been years since i last read something so lyrical. I love KnK and to have a story like this made to honor their love is really a treat and beautiful Christmas gift (even if it was written 3 years earlier)

:D

Please write more Knk! :)
SRAS9 chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
Good work! These are very plausible thoughts for Kenshin! Great work!
abi2006 chapter 1 . 10/27/2006
You really, really never fail to fascinate me! Rurouni Kenshin is one of my favorite animes of all time. When you write out moments such as these - words fail to express how amazed and genuinely happy I am that you can make seemingly dull scenes like these into "moments to remember and cherish".

Again, thank you for sharing this to all of us.
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 8/28/2006
you've said so much with so few words... so powerful.

ginny
RK Otaku chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
The atmosphere and the setting for the fic has been done excellently- conveying the intimacy that comes with doing mundane household chores together, intertwined with Kenshin's practiced trait of 'keeping his distance'...even though poor Kaoru's revealing a lot about her life ! XD

Loved the way you put forth your take on their relationship- the seemingly inconspicuous undercurrents of understanding that flit through their daily 'polite' conversations. As for the conclusion, its utter beauty lies in the fact you've managed to convey volumes with just a few words.
Murasahki-chan chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
It must have been like this for them, both slowly and quickly finding so much of a fit with the other's personality. Another fine little gem.
mirune keishiko chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
lovely. a wonderful character sketch, of both her and him. i admire your skill at gaining insight into them!

"He’d felt her watching him for several turns and so he paused and returned her gaze: it seemed only polite. It also seemed only polite to say something pleasant, so he had."

love your attention to detail here-in this case, the details of mundane reality. how often has precisely this sort of thing happened to all of us? an expert touch to polish this piece off! bravo!
moeru himura chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
Wahh... another beautiful work!

Yes, Kenshin and Kaoru, they are both the same that even when the world hadn't been nice to them, they still showed great hope for people and the future.

I love the last line: "How nice it would be to stay". Knowing some parts of Koaru's inner self, he knew that maybe he would learn something from her and maybe discover himself again through her "strength".

I know this fic centers on Kaoru, but I can't help myself. It's always Kenshin that I see. hehe. Really great work!:P
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
How like Kenshin, to want to be polite. That is the defining element of his relationship with Kaoru. I'm glad you forced him beyond it to a deeper understanding of her and her past.

That last part: "Only one day before, he’d been outside everything, exiled from everywhere, intimate to no one. Just yesterday, he'd been wandering. Now, a morning and a noon and an afternoon and an evening and a morning later…

How nice it would be to stay."

was such a sweet, subtle shift in his perception. You always write with such delicacy and with such a keen eye for those turning point moments.

Well done!
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
Oh, this is special and once again you capture so much so succinctly. I love that opening line, “hearing something denied to most” as Kenshin realizes there is more depth and strength to Kaoru than the innocence that first captivates him. What a pairing, she “without reserve or façade” and he almost all reserve and façade, casually being polite and drawn into the heart of Kaoru’s personal history and personality. I like that emphasis on being on the outside vs. the inside as Kenshin seems to count out the moments that drew him over the line from one to another,” a morning and a noon and an afternoon and an evening and a morning later….” As you say, “How nice it would be to stay.” And so the story goes…
LadyRhiyana chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
Kenshin is finally on the 'inside' here, trusted, accepted, befriended - just a day after they met. This piece speaks volumes of Kaoru's trust and warmth, and of the pleasure he finds in it.

"Her strength runs deep, far below the brightness of her heart."

What a great line.
SiriusFan13 chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
omG! that was AMAZING! you hit such a perfect PERFECT mood with this... i can picture the scene this is based on... in can see kenshin at first puzzling over the sudden overflow of information and then relaxing as he realizes that he isn't done "saving" her yet... that maybe he can help her more... almost as an excuse to say that won't require himself to be "selfish" which he isn't allowed to be.

she, forgetting about his being there with half her heart, so she can speak as she hasn't in years, yet acutely aware of him with the other half, hoping that he'll respond appropriately... with concern and compassion that she's seen far too little of in her short life...

that's what this fic says to me:)

beautiful

sirius
I Heart Edward Cullen chapter 1 . 5/12/2006
Wowie kazowie! You are a nearly unparalled author in your shorter works. You really grasp the intimacy and meaning of small moments, the depth of the charecters of Ruroken. Now... to peruse your file and see if it holds in anything longer...
Khrysalis chapter 1 . 5/12/2006
What a difference indeed.

"...he and she against the world"... It seems the stand Kaoru was born to take. Enough to see in the company she keeps-former assassins, gangsters, drug-makers, and thieves.

I liked the phrase "a morning and a noon and an afternoon and an evening and a morning later..." It has a bounce-and-roll to it that made the time agone marked but pleasant in its passing.

So she found a way into Kenshin's heart by opening her own... (-grin-)

And of course, the last line that tied it all together. Beautiful.
Warg chapter 1 . 5/12/2006
Hey..

Great work here..

Karou in her simpllicity, opening up to a complete stranger, opening to a simple question...

Kenshin's thoughts, and the image of his staring wide-eyed at her, with that sheepish grin, thinking them...

The ending sets up a beautiful tone... "How nice it would be to stay."...

Cya