Reviews for From the Bottom of the Heart
plumafleur chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
This one, though short, is very beautiful. Thank you.
policis chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
i can't believe i found your works just now. Just like kenshin stumbled on Kaoru, sigh... glad i was able to read your work.

Yes, seisouhen never happened. nada. Zilch. KnK story ended at manga 28. OWARI! :)
Scarred Sword Heart chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
I love stories about Kenshin and Kaoru when they're old and gray. Alas, there are so few. A pox on the bakatachi who wrote Seisuckhen, a pox! Anyway, I think Kaoru sees Kenshin's true smile a lot after they're married. After all, he has so much to smile about.
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
his smile? i believe it always was there... throughout their relationship; as love grew, when they confessed their feelings, their marriage, the birth of children, shared moments... like the dawn, slowly the light grows, illuminating objects, colors, people, emotions, hope... becoming clearer, more focused... the the brightness, the brilliance, chasing the shadows away.
sulou chapter 1 . 8/19/2006
Lovely.
RK Otaku chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
I loved the whole concept behind the fic- the gradual realization that Kenshin comes to, when he understands that maybe, someday, he has been redeemed of his burden and guilt.

Regardless whether Seisouhen exists or not.
White Rabbit Tale chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
Beautiful.

I love the quiet romances, much more than extravagant, smarmy romances...and you've captured the atmosphere of complete comfort in this fic.

I love the image of their gazes "pulling each other" because really that's what their relationship started out. Kenshin pulling Kaoru out of a lonely life, and she in turn pulling him into her family, into her heart. Not to mention Kenshin literally "pulled" Kaoru out of the way of Gohei's attack. ;) pretty good.

I like how connected a lot of the thoughts are here, setting the tone like that with such great rhythm really made this piece what it is.

You know, a lot of people may complain about Seisouhen, but sometimes you can get great ideas from it! I'm glad you got this one.
Murasahki-chan chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
Lovely. And even though this is something that Kaoru has previously hoped for, there is a sense in this story of discovering satisfactions one had never even conceived of. That can be such a rich reward. Another finely crafted little piece.
mirune keishiko chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
another simply beautiful (beautifully simple) piece!

your talent and ease with words shows, imvho, in how you've written this. sparing, delicate, gentle... i could drone on and on. .
moeru himura chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
Oh, I missed reading your works. After reading the A/N (I read it first), i didn't want to continue. (SeisouHen doesn't exist!) But of course, I didn't want to miss your work so I read on. (So if you're making something out of SeisouHen, don't tell your readers.. hehe)

Kenshin's joys would expectedly come from the simple things, instead of the grand things that happened to him. You pulled that off brilliantly, with the same simplicity as Kenshin's smile.
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
Loved it. That was beautifully done. The simplicity, the sense of unexpected joy, was well wrought.

But I'm still adamantly pretending that Seisouhen doesn't exist.
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
I like how you set this simple moment against the grander ones, "Not the “welcome home” from Kyoto; not the joining of their futures along the same path; not even the birth of their hopes, their son." Although I confess I hate "Seissouhen", this is the second ficlet of yours that has redeemed a portion of it. (The other which I just read is "What a Difference a Day Makes".) Your opening and closing form a nice loop, as I have come to expect from you but this time it is the imagery in between that captures me. "Just a quiet winter’s evening, late in life, adventures long finished, … hunkered … closer to the fire and so lit more brightly by the red flame, dying now, almost time for bed." That line is such a beautifully wrought parallel to their lives, as this peaceful time of their lives contrasts to their earlier trials and the sweetness is lit more brightly by nearness of the end.

I love your writing but I have to warn you, I will go kicking and screaming before I accept the life envisoned for Kenshin and Kaoru by "Seissouhen", in case I drop off for a time.
LadyRhiyana chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
Lovely. Not the grand, sweeping, epic moments, but the ordinary, simple, enduring strength of their partnership and love.

The parallel between the dying fire and their old age was beautiful.
Khrysalis chapter 1 . 5/12/2006
This: "...closer to the fire and so lit more brightly by the red flame, dying now, almost time for bed"-I think of all the lines and words of yours that I have loved (and there are a great, great many), this is my very favorite. It is late in his life, the fire (red even if, perhaps, he no longer is) is going out, and it's almost time to sleep...

And this is when she finds it, her "personal grail" at _this_ time. So fitting for Kenshin, who has to journey long to find his answers.

Whether he wanted to show it or share it (two things not always the same) I liked the intertwined strength and gentleness that has always been who he is. His gaze "pulled hers up", and he "smiled".
I Heart Edward Cullen chapter 1 . 5/12/2006
One word: Beautiful.

You have a talent and depth to your work not equaled by many of the writers here. An excellent job.