Reviews for Of Captains and Teacups
xandria chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
Wow. This is yet another excellent oneshot from you. It's refreshing to see a story that's focused on Shera. You've given her a background that fits in squarely with her character as Square envisioned her. Well done! Thanks! :-)
hoheehum chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
I liked it :) Sometimes a time-crunch turns out, if not your best stuff, at least something really worthwhile.

I'm adding this to my C2 for one-shots, called "1." If you'd rather I didn't just PM me and I'll take it down.
apostrophus chapter 1 . 6/28/2008
CID/SHERA FTW. That fic is win. A little short and abrupt, like you said, maybe, but win nonetheless. Tea is very important.

~Amunet 8D
Trinity chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
I'm not so picky, or something, because I thought that was absolutely brilliant and so adorable! Tea is awesome, indeed. I wish there are more fics exploring the Cid and Shera relationship, intriguing as it is. Glad to see something like this! Thanks!
lunatic fringe chapter 1 . 9/19/2007
You kidding? :P This is anything but sucky. I'm not thinking coherently enough right now to leave a good review, but know that I'm totally faving this.
Vixen2004 chapter 1 . 4/8/2007
Cid's dialogue is love, didjya know that? It really is. His description of tea is simply side splitting (and insanely accurate, I might add.) Anyway, that was totally the highlight of the story right there. You should try writing something from Cid's POV. Though the sheer awesomeness that's bound to exude from the composition if someone like you penned it would make my computer liable to explode. Oh, what I'd give to see you write first person...

I noticed you described the sky as a 'cobalt dome' again. That's probably an analogy I'll carry with me to my grave (ahem, that IS an analogy, right? Lord knows I never paid enough attention in grammar.)

Ah! The sea ship venacular! Squeelums! You seem to like doing that. Always helps establish the mood for a scene. Tee hee. It's love.

Um, you won the competition, right? Like, how could you not? Is it humanely possible that someone beat you at pwning the writing scene? Oh why oh why are you not published? It irks me so.

Oh, Vixen has a question: where did you get the idea to make Shera the daughter of a captain? That's like so incredibly random yet so incredibly awesome it almost doesn't compute in my mind. But you still managed to pull it off (so kudos to you.) Which leads me to another question: where did you learn so much about tea? Or did you just make all those leaf names up? Well, if that's the case, it was convincing. You make a very good liar. You should look into becoming a lawyer. Hee. :)

Anyway, Vixen is totally dying for you to write a love story of some kind, or anything in first person, for that matter. I think it would probably kick all my stories to hell and I would most likely lose every reader I have as soon as they discovered you on my favorite authors list, but it's a price I'm willing to pay if only I could convince you to write more. Because Lord knows I'd love to read it.

(I drool at the prospect of you writing something for Kindgom Hearts. XD)

Anyway. Amazing. As usual. I really need to find some better adjectives, for I am running low on complementary terms.

And strangely enough, I am thrilled to death I have this problem.

You are proof people can be coherent and literate.

And that's a very, very good thing.
Muse chapter 1 . 3/7/2007
If you say this sucks, then I say it's golden. It's pure gold. My god, this is absolutely amazing - the best fanfic I've read in years... and I am NOT kidding. Are you sure you don't want to be a novelist? I think you would have a great future ahead of you if you tried.
Game On chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
Sucks horrendously...

Well, I wouldn't say that, I would say that this is one of few diamonds in the rough. Man, you just get happy when you find something like this once in a while.
Daniel Lord Bahamut chapter 1 . 6/10/2006
Are you sure this only took you three hours? It's much better than that. Got a very British tone to it, too. I like that. Good stuff. If you'd had more time, maybe expounding more on her time in the orphanage?
Guardian1 chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
"There was a blonde-haired tiger pacing before the young engineer, and she didn’t know if she was attracted to or severely frightened of him."

This line is just so compelling and I can -see- it and the entire first segment is one of the most amazing ones I've read in fandom. I loathe you. That is so incredibly well-illustrated, sketched deftly without being overwrought, also SHERA HAS A DADDY COMPLEX

Gorgeous stuff. LOVE YOUR SHERA. Love her SO.