Reviews for Roots to Soil
Cissyaliza chapter 3 . 4/28/2011
I like the way you describe Eppes relationships. It's just what missing in the show.
Cutter12 chapter 3 . 1/3/2011
Poor Don. You have to feel so sorry for him for having to depend so much on others. Thanks for writing.
CD57 chapter 3 . 3/13/2009
loved this!

very well done

Corine
WriterJC chapter 1 . 6/3/2006
This story was just fabulous. I loved the tennis shoes and Alan's tough love. Larry's relating Don to a puppy on a drive was great and the Larry / Megan thing was a scream. Excellent.
NidrianRuuthane chapter 2 . 5/16/2006
“I was on the floor for fifteen minutes, not ten”

OK that line cracked me up...good work
Alice I chapter 3 . 5/15/2006
I was going to finish this later but I'm like a junkie.

BTW that's QUANTUM Entangelment not Cosmic.

I went and marked the story for updates but now I see there won't be any more. :( Oh well I'll just wait for the next one.

Chow!
Alice I chapter 2 . 5/15/2006
This is a very good story. I have never dealt with vertigo but your description of it is very convincing. Have you experienced Vertigo? You write as if you have had personal experience with it.

There were two parts in this chapter that I really liked:

1. He’d found his brother leaning against the wall in the dining room. He wasn’t moving and as Charlie rounded him he could see Don’s eyes squeezed tightly closed, he carefully laid his hand on his brothers arm.

“Hey Charlie”

“You ok bro?“

“Yeah.“

“What you doing?“

“Falling”

2.“So, let me get this straight, just so I know where I stand. Instead of calling me to help you outside, you decided to try to walk, stood up too quickly, promptly found yourself face first in the carpet, laid there for at least ten minutes probably, then called for help only because you couldn’t get back up to the couch. All that instead of asking me to help you outside. Right now you could be sitting in the sun enjoying the fresh air. But no, because you’re a stubborn ass you will be here on the couch for the next hour or so while your balance rights itself. Have I missed anything?”

“Yes”

“What?”

“I was on the floor for fifteen minutes, not ten”

I will finish this later and mark it for updates. Nicely done.
Timespirt chapter 3 . 5/15/2006
Great story, I loved it. All the guys were definitely in character and funny too. Can't wait for more from you.

Timespirt
Synbou chapter 3 . 5/14/2006
THANKS! I love your Don H/C story. I can't get enough ;-)
Beth Green chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
Please accept this virtual warm fuzzy for this well-written story. Not only was this an interesting story idea, but you got the characters' voices dead spot on. Every word and deed rings true to the characters as I understand them to be. Thanks for sharing, and keep on writing!
sashapet02 chapter 3 . 5/14/2006
Yay pure!

Another hurt Don story - my fav! I have some very amusing images of Don staggering around the house!
Sarai chapter 3 . 5/13/2006
That was excelent! You need a MeganLary story.
A Thing For Brothers chapter 3 . 5/13/2006
Aw, this was such a good story. I love the Eppes brothers. And especially the brotherly love stories. Great job!
BeckyS chapter 3 . 5/13/2006
Very nice! Very satisfying - I like how you put so much family stuff into it. The locked sudoku puzzle book had me giggling, too. Very warm, fuzzy ending - and I like as well that you let the bruises show, physical and emotional, through the end. It takes a while to get over something like this, and real people don't just shrug it all off. Good story - I hope to see more from you! Becky
BeckyS chapter 2 . 5/13/2006
Oh, you made me laugh with Don's last comment. I can just hear him saying it, "fifteen minutes, not ten." You're doing a great job on this - good storyline, and excellent "show, not tell." I get a touch of vertigo when I'm up high, so I'm finding myself having tremendous sympathy for Don and being so very, very glad I don't have it any worse! Looking forward to Chapter 3! Becky