Reviews for Just Like the Richard Gere Movie
Amycat8733 chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
I love this one. I can imagine this as Antarctica was not a vacation spot.
Andriabow chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
Great story. I'd like a longer version where the marines don't really know what a hero Sheppard really is and are truely surprised at the end or he has to save their live.

Super job. Thanks for sharing.
hajimebassaidai chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
I love how this story only really comes around to the central point at the end and that John is barely in it at all. It totally revolves around the other service personnel and a lot of what they discuss isn't directly related to Sheppard, more just a lot of macho blowing off steam. All the stuff that can't be on tv and still have the show watched by kids!

The casualness of Sheppard strolling through and just blowing all their assumptions away is classic and very him! He'd know darn well what they'd been saying.
Lora Perry chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
and they would come to love Sheppard so much on Atlantis. He was their protector and leader and the guy that saved their asses on Tuesdays, but also kept them sane with practical jokes and movie nights.

3 this!
Potterworm chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
Lovedlovedloved this story. Especially the last few lines.
FallenQ chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
I absolutely love this story, it's so believable, John always seems to play down everything good he does, and doesn't care, or even likes to people to think he's just laid back and a bit useless.
Asugar chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
Great job. Perfectly captured the contradictions of Sheppard.
La Madrugada chapter 1 . 3/28/2007
Yay, another great Pre-Atlantis John story! Loved lines like 'Sheppard both failed to live up to his reputation and surpassed it spectacularly'. Classic!
Wolf Maid chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
Oh wow, absolutely love this fic. I think you pretty much nailed the ideas of the other soldiers, and I loved the couple of lines Sheppard has-v. in character. Wonderful fic!
emma chapter 1 . 2/11/2007
Love it hope for more!
hidhere chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
Amusing title for a fantastic fic. Enjoyed it immensely. Great humor and insight into the military mind...loved the reference to Sheppard's lax attitude not even being acceptable for the Air Force...as ex-Air Force I chuckled out loud over that one. Well done...very well done. I hope that you will continue writing more stories soon. Thank you.
deleted and inactive chapter 1 . 1/15/2007
Nice. I never considered the effect Sheppard's rather sudden inclusion might have on the people who had fought their way in.

You're freaky insightful, you know that? :D

kay x
emergencyfan chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
OMG, ROLLING!

Stackhouse, who also had the gene, would tell anyone who'd listen how he'd been turning women on by touching them for years and that had never gotten him anywhere good before this. Markham would always reply that that was because Stackhouse's women were all inflatable.
GG Superhero of the future chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
I so loved this. Great to see their opinions of Sheppard and really they are well founded, even though we all love the guy, you can see what they are getting at. Loved Stackhouse's comment and Markham's theory of the women being inflatable, it made me laugh out loud. I loved it the way all it took was one look at him decked up and it threw all their theories out the window. Brill :)
blingy chapter 1 . 5/16/2006
Your story made me finally register so I could say: Wow! Very fun read. Spot on with the voices of men, and it's always nice to see another point of view regarding the hero.