Reviews for Heart of the Phoenix
Dipper pines 101 chapter 2 . 6/15/2016
OMG RACHEL IS SO CUTE!
natallyper chapter 12 . 7/16/2014
Oh my God.
That was the most perfect fic I've ever read. Just perfect. You made me cry lots of time. Oh God... just perfect. Just thank you for doing that, because is already my favorite
hdshfdjlshfk chapter 12 . 12/5/2011
This story was so cool!
arandomreviewer chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
I dont think that Jean has spent any time in a rubber room(or at least not in evo) so this is AU isnt it?
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 12 . 12/30/2008
DAMN...

Now THAT was cool!

If nothing else, your “Evolution”-ised take on some of the classic elements of Marvel- such as the M’Krann Crystal being a mystical relic gathered over the centuries rather than an alien artefact- came together very effectively; an excellent way of bringing the necessary components all together, in my opinion.

On that topic, I liked your little subtle reference to other Marvel characters when Xavier was talking to Shaw; would I be correct in assuming that he was referring to Sunfire and Forge when he mentioned those other two mutants he has working for him?

It might be a minor factor, but the devil is in the details, after all; always good to see people remembering that in these kind of stories.

On the topic of additional details, Rachel was unquestionably a cute original character; the part where she tried to move stuff with her ‘invisible hand’ during the party at the mansion was really rather amusing, although the part where she tapped into her powers despite her youth solely to protect her family was a particularly surprising-yet-dramatic twist.

(Hey, mutation traditionally activates at PUBERTY; the fact that the situation they were facing was so desperate that Rachel tapped into her powers when she isn’t even close to hitting double digits in terms of age yet says everything I need to know about how bad the situation is, in my opinion).

And as for the final ‘confrontation’ between Scott, Rachel, and Jean/Phoenix...

Not too shabby, to say the least; even when they’re facing an entity powerful enough to manipulate matter at the subatomic level, the thing still can’t quite seem to COPE with something as simple as emotion.

Admittedly, I did feel a BIT cheated that you prevented Dark Phoenix from committing her greatest crime in the comics- the part where she drained that star of its energy and destroyed an entire inhabited planet-, but given that you provided a reason why Jean was able to ‘resist’ Phoenix enough to stop herself- her far-stronger bond with Earth due to Rachel’s existence in this timeline- it makes sense that you’d avoid that issue.

(Besides, it’s kind of hard to make up for destroying a PLANET, even if the hero in question didn’t do it on ‘purpose’; that’s the whole reason Marvel came up with the ‘duplicate Jean’ storyline in the first place when they brought her back to life, from what I’ve read)

Keep up the good work!
Stormkpr chapter 9 . 6/6/2008
Still an awesome fic. I love the pace and the action/excitement combined with the heart.
Stormkpr chapter 7 . 5/24/2008
Great confrontation between Scott and Xavier! I like your take on the Phoenix saga...even if it takes me forever to read and review. :)
Stormkpr chapter 6 . 5/9/2008
I love how descriptive your writing is. I also enjoyed Rachel's role in this. Another good chapter.
Stormkpr chapter 5 . 5/3/2008
Wow! Love the action and excitement of this. The ceremony is creepy. Great revision of the Phoenix. We need Logan to the rescue now! Fascinating story.
Stormkpr chapter 3 . 4/17/2008
Excellent third chapter. I like how both the plot as well as the relationships are building.
Stormkpr chapter 2 . 4/16/2008
This is off to a great start. I love the way you write Jean/Scott. You have relationships down well. I enjoy fics that combine a plot with a look at relationships, so I am eager to see where this goes.
christy chapter 12 . 10/28/2007
yeah,this story really proved justice to the whole-phoenix thing when it comes to the x-men:evolution show. All in all,or in other words... GREAT JOB! ;D
Yesyesyes chapter 1 . 2/27/2007
Yes! Yes! Yes! Finally, after all these yeyars!
tanithlipsky chapter 12 . 11/22/2006
very good
Ad1616 chapter 12 . 11/11/2006
OMG THAT WAS THE BEST STORY I HAVE EVER READ IN MY LIFE. YOU ARE AMAZING. I LOVE YOU. YOUR MY IDOL. I LOVE YOU STORY. ITS MY FAVORITE EVER.