Reviews for A Broken Heart
Cutter12 chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
Interesting concept and execution. I liked how you had different POVs. Though, not nice of Larry telling everyone Charlie had a heart attack. Geesh, did he want Alan & Don to suffer one too?
epalladino chapter 1 . 3/4/2009
Nice story. I can see this happening. Broken Heart Syndrome would be especially likely for someone who hasn't resolved the grief of a loss. It's not exactly the same as an anxiety attack either. Thanks, Beth
Charlie's Angel 3890 chapter 1 . 9/3/2006
Poor Charlie. I went to visit my great-grandmother the other day. (She's 94 and dying) and I just broke down.
lizzie chapter 1 . 5/17/2006
Very nice story.
Baseball 101 chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
it was sad but really good. write more
FraidyCat chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
interesting concept. Broken Heart Syndrome? Sometimes we call those Aniexty Attacks, which are often confused with heart attacks, and I can easily see this happening to Charlie. Anyway, great improvement in your writing - keep it up!
atrum infractus chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
Okay- first of all, a little pointer. Author Notes really shouldn't be in the middle of your story, as it kind of messes up your flow. If you feel you need to make a warning, try to make it the beginning or at the end.

I'm really not sure how I feel about that whole twist, of it not being a heart attack. In a way, it was cute, and in a way, I almost wished you'd taken it a whole other way. It definitely qualifies as fluff, though, even though the story started quite dark.

In any case, glossing over some minor grammatical errors, it wasn't to bad.
Joanne chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
I don't know what happened when I tried to send my review, and I'm sorry if this is a duplicate.

I just had to look it up to make sure "Broken Heart Syndrome" was a real thing, and now that I know it is, I had to come back and say that this is a lovely story. I loved the way you used the 3 points of view. And, as a widow with grown kids, I can attest to the fact that the anniversary of a spouse's death can be an emotional experience, and does affect people differently. Good job.
Rosiehoneydew chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
That was really nice ,I enjoyed it very much. The only thing that spoiled it was the ( BOLD WORDS LIKE THIS ). You do not need to explain to the reader what you think.
Patty chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
Aww, there's something satisfying about a nice, mushy Eppes

family story. Nicely done, thanks!
DramaDreamer08 chapter 1 . 5/13/2006