Reviews for Underneath It All
Rifuleris chapter 8 . 7/13/2006
Omg finally I got this stupid computer fixed. I have a lot of catching up to do - reading wise and most def. review wise. So here it goes XD

Chapter 5:

*Squees* morning Jean is WAY to cute for words, and so is Emma. Your description made it so easy to picture the entire wonderful scene, which you manage to make both very pleasurable (and I am not just talking about the smoochies!) and at the same time also put in some vital emotional stuff. It is these things that help making this pairing believable in your story. The way you keep them both in character while still having them opening up is just beautifully done. I love how Emma's admission of having shown Jean more of herself than other's just clearly translate for Jean - and also Jean's reply. It was just perfect.

Also, you just gotta love Ororo. I feel the comics at the current time isn't doing her justice, so it is nice to see somebody who does

Scott's return : How I wish that the earth just opened up and swallowed him for choosing to comeback THAT moment of utter cuteness, which was the "revealment of Jean Grey's deepest darkest secrets". Bad timing Mister Summers /).(\

Chapter 6:

"The talk" *insert dramatic music*. I actually quite enjoyed this chapter, which I so did not expect because I was really fearing this big triangle and that just didn't seem like it would fit with the way you build up the relationship between Emma and Jean. You drew in parallels throughout the story that showed exactly why Scott and Jean is not working, and why Emma and Jean is, so it seemed just perfect that Jean would be very up front about who her heart truly belongs to.

Chapter 7:

It was nice to see the "day after the confrontation" between Scott and Jean, despite that I was craving Jean/Emma interaction already lol, which I blame entirely on your written skills btw. I really liked the detail about Jean letting Scott kiss her to find out what it did to her, and then having it only feel good when she is thinking of Emma *grins* Oh yes, go get your girl Jean!

Speaking of that. Jesus, Mary and Joseph that was some shower O.O I loved how you interacted Jean's telekinese in the scene, which was def. very intense and somehow seemed like something they both needed. The way they uttered their need (which was more than just the physical clearly) was just brilliant, and well I seem to be using this word more and more - perfect. The scene worked for me as a sorta "re-confirmation" of their feelings for each other, which I think suited them considering Scott's return. Oi and for the record. I very very very much concur with what Emma said

Chapter 8:

This chapter comes to show that Emma Elite and Scott Noob. Or, in non geek tongue, Emma so totally verbally bitchslapped Scott around. I LOVED the dialogue between them, and it had me both grinning and at the same time feeling for Emma and *shivers* Scott.

The table interaction was great, and Emma is too cute for words, and so is Jean. Those two seem quite fond of stealing food for each other. Ororo and Emma joking was also great. I can imagine that if were they to develop any kind of friendship it would be based on/start with them "teasing" each other more or less with that dry humor both of them sometimes exhibit.

And I just noticed while typing out this feedback you submitted the last chapter.

Last Chapter:

There was so incredibly great and hilarious moments in this last installment. I was giggling madly at what Emma was saying most of the time, though Logan/Emma interaction and Logan as bloody Christ santa was just utterly brilliant. There are SO many incredible details you put into this story, which just creates layers and layers of credibility and enjoyment to the story. E.g. how Logan was observing Emma, his thoughts on E/J and how Emma unconsciously reacted to Jean. Just so perfect and believable.

Emma's reaction to the Christmas carols got me literally laughing out loud, I can just picture the "OMFG! FUCK NO!" expression coming over Emma's face when they said that. The Jean/Scott scene was def. well down and necessary IMO as it shows how things are evolving between them in the aftermath so to say.

And oh yes Drunken Emma has become one of my fav's right along with Morning Emma. Gotta say the paragraph where Emma was not letting go of Jean and saying her gift was bigger than Jean's was absolutely wonderful and hilarious. The playful manner of Emma is just great. Emma's drunken interaction with the rest of the group was also priceless, particularly her comments in regards of the secret santa thing with the PVC raincoat and Betsy. Also Jean snatching her glass and Emma being all wth...? about it was absolutely precious.

Emma's face first flop on Jean's bed and the following way that Jean "persuade" Emma is also so awesome. I like the entire way it was described and the affectionate way they interacted. It was just so well written and it sucked you right into scene, but even as you ended the scene quite wonderfully you still wantd more of it. Oh yes, brilliant though I think I said that quite a lot by now.

The end part leaves you feeling sorta content because of how you see Jean, clearly happy, Scott trying to move along and most of all, you simply *feel* how Emma is feeling content with life. Plus Emma's "bulling" of Kitty omg... the Colossus comment was utterly priceless, and so was naughty Jean btw *grins*

I am sad this story has ended, but I feel like you did it when it actually felt right. The pacing was just right and even though you/I still crave more E/J, it is not like you are left feeling uncontent. It is more because it has just been such a good ride, that you can't help wanting more. Ofc that doesn't mean that I am objection to any kind of sequel or any new story featuring them AU or post (ew) Scott/Emma affair - be it before Jean dies or later (though that require resurrection.. again.. luckily Jean seems to be perfectly capable of doing that by herself :P)

Anyways eep. That was some long FB. I hope it's cool, I just had so much to say because yeah like I mentioned there is just so many layers to the story and incredible details, so I can't help pointing them out and go all OH MY over them. But yes, and least of all thank you for this fan-fcking-tastic story XD
rei-chan chapter 9 . 7/13/2006
the way the x-men should be written. god i adore emma so much, shes just deliciously scintillating. i love jean/emma stuff, and with added scott bashing, what more could you ask for?

i love your work
Amara120 chapter 8 . 7/7/2006
I am really enjoying this story, I love the dynamics between all the charaters; very real and convincing.
anon-1 chapter 8 . 7/7/2006
I stayed up all night reading this. It has to be hands down one of the best fictional pieces of any fandom that I've ever read. Please update soon, this is seriously so amazing.
newbie chapter 8 . 7/5/2006
Love it.. Write more.. Update soon..

Would be better if there is some other plot other than the relationship between emma and jean, though i would have to say it is enough for me to keep reading. .
meremortal2k3 chapter 8 . 7/4/2006
I can't wait to read more. The story is fantastic so far.
CrimsonWhisper chapter 8 . 7/3/2006
Great chapter, i really love this story. i really liked emma's response to scott at the pool. i like that emma and storm are getting along. i cant wait for the next chapter.
Alphawolf69 chapter 8 . 7/2/2006
Updated score: Emma 3 Scott 0 (tut-tut ;D more embarrassing than the England vs. Portugal game...)

Emma really put Scott in his place didn't she? Pathetic, truely pitiful. He really reminded me of a spoilt child *cough* brat *cough* pouting and sulking because he didn't get his way. It was funny to watch Emma keeping the moral highground for once and throughly pissing him off in the process by showing him what a pig's ear he'd made of things. I didn't feel much sympathy for him though...I cracked up when I pictured him in goggles ;D...

I liked the bit at the end: 'It’ll be good for me to make some friends. Do you think I should invite her to my pool party? There’s going to be a clown and a pony! She’ll think I’m so cool.' - Emma's real vulnerability about making friends is hidden again under her dry humour.

Good stuff! Looking forward to the next chapter.
Perching Kite chapter 8 . 7/2/2006
yay, an update! i love this fic so much, out of all the xmen one's available on DEFINITELY ranks up there with not myself, 500 miles, etc. waiting... _
Ari chapter 7 . 6/30/2006
I am BEGGING you...

PLEASE update this fic soon, cause basically i've spent three days reading and re-reading what you have posted already. So, for the sake of my sanity, i am desperately pleading for an update on this.

One of my favorite things about this fic is the dialogue/interaction between Jean and Emma- from the mental conversation to the witty bantering, which, coupled with the emotion that you convey through the characters, incites an eagerness in the reader for more.

and I LOVE how Emma calls Jean 'Tiger.' It's deliciously sexy.

hope to see more soon,

ari
CrimsonWhisper chapter 4 . 6/26/2006
This is a bloody great story so far, ive gotten all misty. youve really captured the characters. there emotions are so real that i forget im reading about comic book characters. this has to be one of my favorite stories. great work.
Alphawolf69 chapter 7 . 6/25/2006
Top two favourite quotes from this chapter:

In second place it's: "You're really serious aren't you?" - Scott

Reason? My version of Jean's response made me crack up:

Jean *rolls eyes*: No Scott, you caught me, this was all an elaborate plot Emma and I constructed to pay you back for your inconsiderate and selfish macho 'I-have-to-be-strong-all-the-time-you-can't-possibly-understand-me-god-I'm-such-a-tortured-soul' behaviour and bruise your male pride. The enjoying the hot lesbian sex involved was just a fortunate (and welcome) side benefit...'

*tumble weed blows past*

I have an acquired humour...

Ahem, moving on...

But in first place: "I need you" Emma & Jean

Reason: Seeing Emma struggle to say that... I felt all maternal and 'aw' (WTF is wrong with me? I never say 'aw'...) Not very coherent, but *shrug* it's all I have.

There was a good balance of Scott's feelings of disbelief and betrayel and the soft love of Emma and Jean in this chapter. I was breathing out a sigh of relief when Jean wasn't attracted to Scott anymore, things would've got very messy if she still did...

As always, looking forward to the next chapter...

Oh, BTW, if you want check out my profile. I should have 1st chapter of my Emma/OC fic up...(it's been hanging round long enough -the characters are beginning to get pissed off with me... ;D) You and Princess Alexandria's stories encouraged me to get my arse in gear...
zee14 chapter 7 . 6/25/2006
Scott's a dick. You've got one of the dickiest Scott's around. I don't know if that's good or bad but it's meant to be a compliment. You're ability to capture the true nature of a total douchebag (Scott) is amazing. Kudos to you. This chapter is great! I look forward to more and I am so so glad you update quickly.
Perching Kite chapter 7 . 6/24/2006
blegh, scott is such a baby! talk about a guy needing a serious asskicking and a helmet for life! can't wait to see what happens next to the lovely ladies _
Jettanna chapter 6 . 6/20/2006
I am very much enjoying this story. I can't wait till you write more.
162 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 Next »