Reviews for Underneath It All
Perching Kite chapter 6 . 6/19/2006
Oh yeah, scott deserved that one! waitin...

_
Alphawolf69 chapter 5 . 6/15/2006
I really liked the comfortable ease of this chapter and the way the characters continued to bond (my relief over the lack of angst was intense ;D). The way you write their relationship doesn't seem old or static (like quite a lot of fics where the interest dies after the sex is had) which is *very* refreshing. Seeing Emma's vulnerabilities always makes me soften (ok, melt), but showing her struggle to do so and her maintaining the cold exterior with the others as well, makes it much more believable.

Thanks for changing the way telepathy is read now, it makes it *so* much easier...

I really, really, really can't wait for the next chapter. (I keep hearing the Darth Vader theme from Star Wars...)

Frost vs. Summers - Cat Fight of the Century! Place your bets now, people!
zee14 chapter 5 . 6/15/2006
Great chapter! But damn you and your cliff hangers!... again, great chapter.
Rifuleris chapter 1 . 6/14/2006
I am fumbling for words to describe how much I love this fic. The characterization is to die for. I love it how Emma and Jean slowly but surely formed a friendship and how it developed into something more. Your description on how they both feel fits so perfectly into the characters that it's painfully easy to picture every scene.

Your attention to detail in the manner of how both feel in regards of each other and their surroundings is also so good that it helps making their relationship realistic. The pace of the story also works very well for the storyline, and I can not wait for Emma and Jean's relationship to truly "beging" e.g. them being a couple all the way - though you may argue they have been for a while. I am just a sucker for the "new couple stage" where there is some giddiness and the image of Emma as giddy makes me grin.

Anyways, can't wait to see their relationship develope, I love it .
Jettanna chapter 4 . 6/11/2006
very very nice. I love the pacing of this.
Alphawolf69 chapter 4 . 6/11/2006
Scott 0 - Emma 1

About time too... I'm glad Emma is finally feeling love, *sniff* it's so beautiful...

Although the dreaded 'morning-after' is yet to come, yes, the time when budding relationships are /most/ vulnerable...

I can imagine the increased amount of hatred Emma's going to get now, for seducing the X-men's 'golden girl' (married to their captain to boot) and it ain't gonna be pretty. Especially when Scott gets back O: (please let Emma -or maybe Jean- bitch slap him *hopeful smile*)

I'm really enjoying this, hope you update soon ;D
zee14 chapter 2 . 6/10/2006
This story is great! Can't wait for the next post! Keep up the good work!
Perching Kite chapter 3 . 6/6/2006
really like it, especailly the slow build up between Jean and Emma. makes it more real, considering how polar they are! hope you keep writing, and this fic truly does deserve more reviews!

_
Alphawolf69 chapter 3 . 6/3/2006
I've thought of a new title for this fic, ahem: 'A Series of Unfortunate Interruptions' No, you're imagining the familiarity of the name...It certainly wasn't a book... ;D

Got to feel pissed off on Emma's behalf, can the X-Men just give a chance! (although she's sometimes as friendly as an angry porcupine).

Another good chapter (so quickly updated too-have a smiley face sticker :D), one thing that might be more helpful is if you use ** on thought-speak or something like or {}. It makes it easier to tell what's private thoughts and what's telepathy.

Other than that, just looking forward to the next chapter!
Alphawolf69 chapter 2 . 6/2/2006
Scott...bloody prick manages to ruin things even when he's *not* breathing down Jean's neck...*growl*...

(Wonder who'd win in a fight between Emma and Scott...?Definitely Emma ;D)

Think I probably said this before, but I love your insight into the characters. The subtle courting that Emma employs with Jean is totally heartwarming and Jean's sometimes obliviousness to it is amusing.

I'm glad you write it in a believable way too, in that they just don't leap into bed, but have to build up to it and gain trust first.

PLEASE (pleaseplease) update this soon!
yimmy-kins chapter 2 . 5/27/2006
This is an excellent story! I enjoy how you slowly work the Jean/Emma dynamic and how you keep the mansion's tension buzzing in the background. The characters stay in their own skins, the emotions are gradual, and the ending to the second chapter totally has me on edge. Looking forward to more from you!
146 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10