Reviews for Time to Wander Again
abi2006 chapter 1 . 10/26/2006
wow! I never thought a hundred-word story can elicit such emotions in a reader! Again, concise, and yet captures the thought of your character. You express them well with your play of words, and I appreciate that
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
the scene still makes me cry... this made me cry.

gin
Dragon Empress chapter 1 . 6/26/2006
Hey, very good. You managed to get into Kenshin's head- and his heart- with only a few lines, and that's hard to do. I'm impressed.
akiko chapter 1 . 6/8/2006
wow! i hadn't read this one yet. the end line made me catch my breath. i wasn't expecting it, so it felt like my chair had been pulled out from beneath me suddenly. so simple. so beautifully crafted.
Murasahki-chan chapter 1 . 5/31/2006
(So sorry for taking so long to review: RealLife has been most complex lately.)

Poor Kenshin: so assured that there is no warmth, no hope, no joy to be had in his life. So, of course, he works very hard to make sure those beliefs come true.

I very much like the simplicity of the language. It is so spare, and at the same time,so eloquent. It has very much the feeling of _haiku_ about it.

The last line carries so much: wistfulness, a touch of sadness, a little forlorness, and a great absence of self-knowledge. It epitomizes the rurouni; so perceptive, and yet so cluelss. Thanks for another wonderful work, Sue.
I Heart Edward Cullen chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
Ah! More excellent work! I love that phrase, "the illusion of belonging." Simply sublime. Maybe not as eloquent as some of your work, but there is a lot of feeling and emotion here. Great job.
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
Oh, you got me again. I love that last line as a play on your own earlier piece "What a Difference a Day Makes". It is so easy to get caught up strictly in the emotion of saying good bye to Kaoru. What I especially like about this is that it captures Kenshin's thoughts on leaving and his quick reflections on those he has started to know. It is somehow particularly touching that Kenshin already has fatherly feelings toward Yahiko, hoping "...the next influence in his life would be a good one.” It’s like you start with the calm rational thought of leaving, of what it means to wander again but then sneak in that punch line pulling us right back to the heart of the emotions.
moeru himura chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
Wow! This is so cool. I felt like crying. Simple yet it hit the right emotion. "Of the illusion of belonging". Such sad words. His last thoughts on Yahiko hit hard: "he hoped the next influence in his life would be a good one." And again with that "it would have been nice to stay." I really don't what to say more to this. Everyline line showed Kenshin's hopeful and yet bitter feelings of why things had to be the way they are. Truly beautiful piece. I wish I could honor this day too! wahh! Again, brilliant work!:P
RK Otaku chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
Good one. Loved the wistfulness of Kenshin's thoughts- you give the appearance that he actually had come to thnk of Kamiya Doujo as home, rather than just a place to rest. Also, the simple, but heartfelt way he says farewell to each of his friends is really endearing.
Khrysalis chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
I liked the connection this story had to "What a Difference a Day Makes".

How can this man be so very right and so very wrong at the same time? The boy, open to life, yes, but Kenshin will be his truest influence, echoing in his words in actions in every battle he'll ever fight. With that roosterhead, Kenshin gains more than a partnership-a true friend and a brother if one wants to look deeply. As for the girl, miss him?

He doesn't realize yet he no longer is the only one who has a say in where he belongs, no longer the only one who gets to decide if he stays or goes. Wistful as he may be at the end, he doesn't realize yet that it is not so much that they need him, but they _want_ him. That's the nature of family. His belonging was not illusion at all.

And I'm just glad they were all even more stubborn than he was.

A good tribute to that day, and I'm delighted you thought of honoring it. :D
The Happiest Celery Stalk chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
Hey, this one was good! I read SiriusFan13's fic on May 14, and she mentioned yours. Wonderful!
Anonymous but very interested chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
How very sad...So well written.

I loved the way Kenshin thought of each member of his new "family".

The last line was sad. A very beautifully written piece.

Thanks for sharing it.

Good luck!

_
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
"It had come later than he'd originally planned"

I loved that line. It showed that Kenshin had begun to change his wandering habits, that he'd allowed himself to feel at home at the Kamiya dojo.

The wistful tone at the end was great too. It shows Kenshin's sense of loss, of disappointment that he wasn't able to stay in a place where he was happy.

Good job!
LadyRhiyana chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
"He hoped the next influence in his life would be a good one."

You sent inspiration running down my back with that line. I feel the beginnings of a Yahiko fic in the back of my mind.
SiriusFan13 chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
OMG! that was so awesome! and you wrote it so quickly! _ x oro... i can't think of better words (partially from lack of sleep but mostly from awe over this lovely ficlet... beautiful work:D) such simple painful thoughts for our rurouni... i love the descriptions... and i especially love that it doesn't occur to him that the others would come for him...

lovey:) i wish i could say more!

sirius:D