Reviews for Silent Witnesses
Firefury Amahira chapter 1 . 10/9/2006
Ooh, that's really good. While really short, some stories just don't need many words to convey a lot of emotion. Nicely done!
lolo popoki chapter 1 . 8/16/2006
This is simply beautiful. And I'll just leave it at that before I get all mushy and sentimental...
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 8/3/2006
I love the way it sounds, too. I like the 'perhaps' mood here, you don't do so much of that. You're very decisive, generally, over what is. This was a frozen moment of its own...and a lovely idea, too, of course.

By the way, I hope you were serious about what you said about reviews, because by my count I just hit ninety.
I Heart Edward Cullen chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
EXCELLENT. Oh, your imagery is so beautiful... the symbolism... the metaphors... the tie-ins... Wow. You are so good. There were a few parts where the sentence fluency could be worked on, (the second sentence of the 3rd paragraph is a bit choppy) but this is one of the best snippets of fanfiction I have had the pleasure to read. A unique viewpoint, crafted by a great writer. Good job.
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
Lovely tribute. I like the idea of Tomoe's soul embodied in a firefly or Kaoru's dreams. But I like the last interpretation best,"Lives only defined by their light and what little joys and sorrows, wishes and dreams… and devastation that they witness."

Happy May 14!
moeru himura chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
Oh... this is so sad too. Especially the last two lines. The analogy of Kenshin and Kaoru's life to the fireflies fitted wonderfully. It's like they can never escape their fates. So sad.:(
ruruken15 chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
Very interesting, and tempting me to look once again at that scene. I like this. Awesome little tribute to that day. Nice. LOved it!
juunichi chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
absolutely beautiful...your wording is very lyrical...short, but conveys everything there is needed to know.
RK Otaku chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
WOW! Somehow...you managed to recreate the almost-magical surreal atmosphere that the scene takes place in. Cut off from the world, yet achingly rooted in reality; really touching.
Kristy-chan chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
good job! very creative.
sueb262 chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
There is so much feeling in this. The suggestion that one of them could have been Tomoe-that was really heart-wrenching. The idea of their being manifestations of their emotions was just beautiful. But I think I liked best the "definition" of their lives-that's really a genius touch.

This is just lovely.

I should point out that that phrase is certainly NOT my own-it comes straight from the English translation of the anime, in the episode where they have just returned from Kyoto and Kaoru is starting to clean the dojo. It's a nice moment.

P.S. I LOVED your disclaimer-it made me laugh out loud!
Anonymous but very interested chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
How sweet...I really liked it. )

It's rather sad, but it has a...quality to it. Like it echoes inside you. Beautiful.

Thanks for writing it.

Good luck.

_
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
Nice firefly analogy. I liked how Kaoru used the fireflies to put into words what she couldn't say out loud to Kenshin.

How could anyone not be touched by their farewell scene? Thanks for bringing it back so clearly.
LadyRhiyana chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
Kaoru's farewell to Ken is one of the most beautiful scenes in Ruroken. The fireflies add an eerie, poignant glow, and I love the way you've incorporated them. Souls of the dead, departed lovers, or just bright-burning insects - whatever they are, they're mystical.
Shirou Shinjin chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
Very nice. Short and sweet and kinda sad. I must also wonder whether you have this day marked on your calendar :S

Another good story.