Reviews for Legacy of the Rasengan I: Naruto
OoOXylionOoO chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
HUm strange but hey :)
I'll give it a chance :D
He-Who-Is-Bored chapter 9 . 12/8/2012
Thank you for your service, and sticking to canon as a backbone isn't really bad, it just tends to be the basis for the lower quality stories.
He-Who-Is-Bored chapter 5 . 12/8/2012
Given that this is finished, would it be too much trouble to request that you go back over this and change Yondaime's name to Namikaze Minato?
7889 chapter 37 . 12/4/2012
brilliant. Simply brilliant.
Guest chapter 31 . 12/3/2012
You know, I had trouble with the slant you put on Sasuke getting Naruto's Oboro technique but for the longest time I couldn't tell why it bothered me. It came to me in this chapter: you're bashing Kakashi.

Now, hear me out. I don't think you're being unsubtle about it, or that there's anything wrong-necessarily-with it, but there is a definite difference between this Kakashi and the cannon Kakashi, and I find it ridiculously easy to hate this one.

He's not just sneaky and ruthless, but displays a genuine lack of care for Naruto that isn't present in cannon Kakashi. Your dialogue has the team sensei offering things to Sasuke, but rarely saying more than a few words to Naruto-and those aren't remotely representative of any kind of affection. When it comes down to it Kakashi displays a lack of humanity toward Naruto that borders on the psychopathic, and by not only not acknowledging him but also stealing from him and lying to him his character is both very far removed from cannon and very hate-able. Thus, I conclude that you're bashing Kakashi.

Now that I've realized this I can go along with it merrily. Bash on.
Guest chapter 28 . 12/2/2012
ehh... Hate to burst your bubble, but the Shosen no Jutsu is COMPLETELY different from the Chakura no Mesu (Chakra Scalpels). They are not, in fact, the same thing. Shosen closes up wounds and does general heal-y stuff, while scalpels... well, they're pretty much just scalpels. But made of chakra.
Guest chapter 7 . 12/2/2012
Same plot until the wave arc? You know, for those of us who have read cannon manga, watched cannon anime, read re-hashed cannon fanfics, and made up our own stories based on cannon, do you suppose you could spare us? Please? I'm not asking for you to change your story or anything, but do you suppose you could, for instance, write a summary of the pre-wave plot and power upgrades for us, so we can just start reading where you start writing originally?
Guest chapter 4 . 12/2/2012
Egad! I look for a story and find an essay. Determined, I wade through three chapters in hopes of finding good story-telling and what do I see? Unfortunately more of the same.

Essay writers like you and I tend to seriously consider how our words sound before committing them to paper. While this trait is admirable in academic writing it is horrible in most story-telling, because i the formal-sounding, highly-structured writing it produces ruins the experience of reading for immersive fun-the cheap thrill for which spend so many free hours searching.
breakingheart93 chapter 37 . 11/29/2012
that was simply amazing! a great start to a trilogy!
Guest chapter 21 . 11/1/2012
you know what scew you sasgay
Guest chapter 7 . 11/1/2012
i hate you you made naruto the fucking dobe the idea about fanfiction is to fucking change something you just put a sentence like this "I hide my skill but some day they will have no choice but to acknowledge me"

I hate it you suck
angel56277 chapter 37 . 10/29/2012
Oh. . Best thing I've read. EVER. Honestly, I was reading in CLASS, SECRETLY, when I got to the part at the Valley at End battle, and when Sasuke left, I was pounding my computer o/./o hehehe, well, IT WAS JUST THAT GOOD! And I can't WAIT, to read part two :D
Lerris chapter 37 . 10/21/2012
Overall this was pretty good, if a bit short of a favorite. Naruto is more skilled than canon Naruto, presumably due to the bloodline that was tossed in and his original decision to work harder. (One could argue that his Taijutsu skills are better than they should be at this point.) He has an eye that is annoying, but I doubt that will hold him back much. Sasuke has converted the cursed seal into what appears to be a very nice power up with no great downsides. I wonder what Anko will think of that when she finds out. Sakura is a bit ahead of where she was in canon, but not extraordinarily so. Naruto and Hinata have made a beginning, as have perhaps Sasuke and Sakura. Neji and Hinata are both ahead of where they were, and it is notable that Hinata has a good start on becoming stronger. Kiba is a bit stronger too.

The previous list is mostly the differences from canon. The weakest part of the story is not the writing, but the similarities with canon. My overall recommendation is to only start with canon in future stories but as time passes to increasingly diverge from it. Naruto doesn't even have to be the main character. Time Braid is still one of my favorites, and it has Sakura as a main character.
Lerris chapter 29 . 10/21/2012
While I realize it is near canon, the biggest thing that stood out is against Tsunade, at least half strength Jiraiya, and Shizune a crippled Orochimaru still managed to get away and take his not dead henchmen with him. That just seems almost sloppy on the part of those three.
Lerris chapter 25 . 10/20/2012
The memory erasure thing is interesting, but I'm less than certain it is a good ability to bring in, since things are fairly complicated without it, particularly when any sufficiently skilled Ninja can apparently learn it, and not just say members of the Yamanaka clan. One obvious way to use/abuse the skill is to use it to rip the secrets of Jutsu and such out of people's brains, although even then, it is nothing compared to the insanity that is the Sharingan. On a side note, it would be interesting if Naruto used it to remove his Jutsus from Sasuke's brain...

Still, it is minor compared to say things like Magical Oaths in the Harry Potter universe which has extreme possibilities for abuse. Overall, the fact that you have added a power mad Hyuuga to the mix is interesting, if perhaps not as interesting as completely moving away from canon would have been. I'm curious as to how all this is resolved in the future chapters and sequels. I hope to see Hinata develop into a strong heiress that eventually leads the way.
4,111 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »